Chapter 40 – Far-fetched possibility
1.3k 2 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gene came to a slithering halt at the Hokages roof. This was the only place, she knew that came to her mind, where she could find Shikaku-san. Opening the window, she looked inside. "Is Shikaku-san here?" She asked into the round of unknown Shinobi and the Sandaime who were in the middle of something that resembled an important meeting. 

"Who are you Genin that you dare coming in here without an appointment!" One of the man thundered. The rest of the males agreed with him all eying her with menace. 

Gene mustered them and shot the speaker an angry look. "I am with the Uchiha." 

"Calm down. Gene, what is it that you need to speak Shikaku?" The Hokage asked her. 

"Tsukiko and I...so we...noticed something, and…are really worried. Tsukiko hurried to Minato-sensei at top speed." She looked straight at him, moving her hands, unsure how to explain her train of thought without revealing things she didn't want the others to know. "We suspect that you-know-who, if supported by a new Hokage candidate, could go unpunished because the trial is behind closed doors and only know a few of the top brass members know you-know-what."

"I don't...wait...that sounds mightily confusing, and very vague, too vague, indeed."

"No one knows what you-know-who actually did, not even we know everything, only the surface stuff, and he has a good reputation for all that matters. Whoever he does support will get a lot of voices and be indebted to him if he becomes Hokage. The Hokage is the only person that can stop the trial, and you-know-who can continue where he left off. He gets rid of those few who know, and he has the possibility for that to because we don't know how many are there in the secret police, Anbu, that's a main reason why we are hiding the trial anyway so not to make the others involved nervous, and we can yeah root them out. EspeciallyTsukiko and I will be giant targets, we are easiest to accuse, if turn it the right way you-know-who can even make an excuse for restarting the war that just ended."

I won't lose the home I just got. I won't die and by gods' sake I will not watch how that person goes unpunished and if I have to kill him myself. Neither cannot forget those empty eyes, never should children look like that.  

"That is very far-fetched, but I cannot say it is impossible, go to Shikaku, discuss it with him if he agrees, then get Tsukiko and whoever you trust to investigate." The Hikage ordered after listening to her. "I am truly too old for this Gene, I find it hard to believe, but if you think so go bring me some solid proof for your guess,"

"My gut tells me and if there is any possibility that there may be a war again. I will stop it." She told him but he shook his head. 

The Hokage nodded and waved his hand telling her to go do what she deemed necessary, while turning back to the others in his meeting whom all started to demand answers loud enough she could hear it even on this distance. 

Jumping over the rooftops, she spread out her Chakra carefully behind her so to not be surprised. 

Shikaku-san... Shikaku-san...maybe at his place. 

She jumped down from the roof and right into a mass of three conversing Shinobi. The three were visibly startled and had their weapons out faster than she could blink. "Who the hell are you!?" They asked her and she took a breath.

"Where do the Nara life?" She asked them without answering. 

"Who are you?" One of them empathized. The woman had red hair and pale skin. She was tall and obviously not weak she could swear she had seen the woman before. 

"No time!" Gene hissed. "Nara Household, where?" She hissed louder. Her eyes narrowed and started glowing in electric blue again. 

"Blue eyes, are you, you have to be...follow along girly." The red haired woman said, under the protest of the others, and jumped ahead. Gene followed and struggled to keep up as the woman slowly sped up a red curtain of hair flowing after her. 

"The Nara life at the outskirts, I have never seen you tough, now are you that girl Ge-something Minato told me about?" The red haired woman asked her the third time. 

"Genevieve Bernaude." Gene answered, and the woman fell back and picked her up. Gene screamed in surprise when the woman threw her over her shoulder and sped up. "Nice to meet you, so where is it burning that you have to speak to Shikaku-san." 

"Very far-fetched theory and I need his yes for investigating." 

"And from a Genin, but I guess you are special. I have a very important question."

"What?"

"Do you like Ramen?" 

"Yeah, I like it, a lot.", she answered the woman's question who started laughing. 

"We are going to get along great then." She said and threw Gene, so she was in reverse and could look ahead, "Over there." 

50