II Chapter 4 – The strangers
1k 2 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She stood there and shivered when the cold hit her. 

Follow them or not is the question, or...med bay

She wrapped herself up tighter and made her way to the med bay, following the dark and ominous hallways. The small emergency treatment room mainly used for training accidents was dark, unused and empty. The white of the machines almost blinding her, she turned down her nanite activity. Still nothing, silent nothingness.
That leaves the hospital, or he is just lightly injured, I am probably worrying too much. This traitor business is making me jumpy and probably a lot of other people too, I don't want to accuse anyone of something. But still...maybe I should tell Shisui, if I ask he will keep it to himself. 

She shivered again and left the room, closing the door behind her silently and turning around, only to remain standing there and look into a single eye with a swirling Mangyoko Sharingan inside. It looked at her and her world started to spin, Genjutsu, she noticed. Shaking it off she remained where she was pretending it had caught her. 
One of the things she learned the fastest after coming to the Uchiha was breaking a well-made Genjutsu, a byproduct when living in a Clan famous for theirs. The person had an orange mask on his face, his body concealed, while he looked at her and tilted his head. She let out a shaky breath, mobilizing her Chakra as subtle as possible. 

The Person watched her, and she watched him in a deathly standstill. "You are not Uchiha.", it said, the voice dampened and giving her no clue if that person was male or female. She remained still, not flinching, a singe movement, and he would know she had broken his Genjutsu and the creepy feeling she got told her, she didn't have a chance in battle. 
"Forget that you saw me.", he said, and she felt how the pressure of his Genjutsu hit her again with full force, making her almost slip into it. Suppressing the urge of shaking off the sticky feeling of that person's dark Chakra, she remained there. "Go.", that person told her, turned around and left with a blur of color. She flinched reminding herself that she needed to go, heed his order. 
That guy noticed me in seconds...should I follow him...better not, he feels similar to Kakashi when he is furious. That person is at least at the level of an upper Jonin even when using Ice I would be little more than cannon fodder. Hospital Wisdom 2.0 don't play the Hero.

She moved away and let out a shaky breath calming herself. There goes my sleep. That was a Mangyoko Sharingan. 

This was far above her pay grade, but who would believe her? Shisui would look into it because it was her who said something, but the others, an unknown person with a Mangyoko of all things inside the Uchiha betraying Konoha. The last fact was almost as unbelievable as the entire situation itself, and no one knew who the traitor was.

Shaking off the shadows and having her Shakra cover her Skin to throw off the reminders of the sticky dark Genjutsu she balled her fists and made her way ignoring the cold to Shisui's room. Jumping from one rooftop to another, she walked as silent as she could manage over the sometimes creaking wooden floor. Shisui's room was not too far and, feeling somewhat terrible and strange, she knocked at the door. The door opened almost immediately and a pleasant warmth stoked against her skin as a tired looking Shisui with terrible bed hair stood inside it. He blinked and she smiled at him. Let me in would you, it's cold. 

Shisui stepped aside, and suddenly she felt reminded of the first time the two of them had met. Injured, in the cold snows of the land of waters underneath a shelter made by a burned down house. 

He closed the door behind her, and she looked longingly at the Fuijutsu seal that kept his room warm. It was bigger than her place as she tiptoed to his scribe and sat down only to jump back up. Cold. 

"Come here." Shisui's voice creaked as he sat down and pointed on his lap with a blanket in his hands. "What are you even doing outside at this hour?" 

"I couldn't sleep, saw a person in an orange swirling mask with a Mangyoko and a black coat, injured, jumping by. I tried to look if that person was in the med bay because of a bad feeling, wasn't inside the bay, but outside, tried to put me under a Genjusu. I pretended it worked, the person left." she explained and was immediately engulfed in a warm hug. 

"Are you crazy. You could be death.", Shisui muttered, and she snuggled closer to him, he was warm. 

"Maybe, at least I knew not to put up a fight.", she muttered in return. 

"I am happy for the small things Gene, but please next time tell me right away.", he looked at her his eyes already tinted red in worry, they did that sometimes when he was emotionally agitated, Gene almost felt sorry for him and turned to liberating her arm and patting his head. 

"Don't worry if I had been truly had attacked. I would have simply made another popsicle." she said. "Nobody in Konoha knows of my Kekkei Genkai, expect a selected few."

"You wouldn't have come that far.", he hugged her even tighter, burying his face in her hair, and she hugged him back. "I don't want to lose another important person.", he muttered. 

"You won't lose me, I am a ramen eating, ice making, small chakra monster with hellish good looks." she muttered back. "And deathly marksman skills."  

"I know, but no lead in the world is worth it..."

"The Uchiha are my Clan, Konoha my Home and you my Family for all I care, and I will protect them." She looked up at Shisui with a determined gaze, her eyes glowing like two sky blue pupil-less flames, her voice harsh. "At any price, nothing will rip my family and my home from me again."  

42