II Chapter 6 – A normal bad day at school
987 1 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night passed with the two of them checking up on everyone. They were all alive just sleeping peacefully in their beds as if nothing was going on, the only thing that prevailed was the eerie silence that seemed not only to encompass the entire Clan zone but the entity of Konoha, it may had been just her imagination but still, it was spooky seeing Konoha, the bustling and pulsating village lying there in utter silence. 

The sun rose at the horizon right above the stony faces of the Hokage that looked rather solemn at the Village. She didn't know if she was supposed to find it equally strange and creepy that a rather lifelike giant face of Minato looked down at them, lacking the nose. She knew for a fact Kushina destroyed it twice up until now because she had been rather angry at her husband and didn't want to see his face, thus the lack of a nose. 
Pregnancy Hormones, according to Tsukiko but Gene suspected it had more to do with the reason for her Nickname, red-hot hanabero. 

Shisui had also been utterly silent during their investigation, opposite to his normally jovial and if not quite talkative but friendly self he carried a grim expression, and she imagined she did too. 

As soon as the sun rose sounds started popping up again, but it was almost dreadfully late when people started roaming the streets, seven o clock, and it was certainly not the day after a festival. 

"Go back home, pack your things and go to school Gene." Shisuis said looking at the people. "I will inform the Hokage, your job is it to make everything seem like normal. Go cause trouble with Tsukiko and annoy your teachers, I want at least one complaint at the end of the day about your trouble making ways." He said and Gene nodded. Everything had gone to normal, it was as if nothing happened at all during the night. 

Retuning home she packed up her stuff and looked at her bow. Maybe it was better if she took it with her, normally she focused on other stuff in the Academy, but it was about time to start combining what she learned anyway. 

Attaching her bow to the quiver she put in an entire new batch of iron tipped arrows. 

There were panda circles under her eyes, but since she was about to sleep through the first two hours anyway. Changing into her normal Uniform, a bright whitish tunic with small winter flowers embroidered and tight trousers as well as a pair of Sandals she made her way too school feeling somewhat out of place as she greeted everyone. They had no clue what happened, didn't know, and she envied them. 

Entering her classroom by window she greeted Tsukiko who was already there with her head permanently attached to the sleeping pillow she had with her. 

"Morning." She greeted her and Tsukiko made an agreeing grumble before turning away. They were in the last row ever since the first day and Gene put her books on top of each other, shoved her chair back and made herself comfortable. It didn't take long for Itachi to arrive with a sneeze and wrapped up like an onion. 

"What is wrong with you Itachi?" Tsukiko asked and earned a death glare.

"small cold." He answered with a not very amused voice and sat down grumbling to their left, next to the window. 

That could be my fault, sorry Itachi.

Gene mentally apologized for her water ball. It had not been her intention to cause him trouble or for him to get a cold. 

The Homeroomteacher entered Class with an expression grim enough to make any normal student have a run for their money giving a stinky eye to the three of them. 

"As you all know in a few weeks your graduation exams will take place and this week will thus be the last one concerning theory lessons." The teacher announced. "Tsukiko, Gene pay attention please you may want to take an interest in that too. Everyone who is in the bottom ten of the class will have make up lessons with their names as follows." 

The teacher took out a small thin clipboard from her bag. "Miki, Chiba, Yamanaka, Hyuga the younger, Yule, Hua, Hattori, Amagi, Berna...however Gene and last but not least Tsukiko, and get yourself a last name please. The Ten of you will take those make up lessons." 

"Teach." Tsukiko raised her hand. "Why me and Gene, as far as I know the two of us are on top of the class in all non-practical lessons." She interrupted and the Teacher, who never liked them in the first place raised an eyebrow. 

"Indeed, but you both scored so abyssal low at practical tests, which you happen to skip more than mine, that you were put into that group by Haruto-sensei" The teacher explained and Gene almost gave in to the desire to freeze off her nose. Haruto-sensei disliked them to the extreme, and he made no secret out of it, there was no sense attending when the man himself didn't want them to be there, better bugging Kakashi, Kushina or Iruka to give them pointers.

"I know as a matter of fact that we two are in the upper third of the class." Tsukiko muttered next to her. "I would never tolerate being anything less than that and Hyuga the younger of the twins is too." 

"Yeah, so why do we have make up lessons?" Gene muttered and avoided a piece of chalk that was thrown at her. 

"The two of you, get out!" The Teacher thundered and Itachi next to the two let out a few couths. 

"Teacher I know as a matter of fact that Tsukiko and Gene have a full 100 points in every theoretical test, and Haruto-sensei has been obstructing them every turn they take. I understand them not wanting to attend his lessons." He stated and silence erupted inside the classroom with everyone staring at Itachi. The normally very quiet but stickler to the rules as well as top of the class student rarely objected or said anything as a matter of fact.

" As civilians, not even coming from Konoha but being refugees, they have to place a lot more effort in their practical lessons. I can understand Haruto-sensei if he makes things difficult, it just shows how high his expectations are." The Teacher said, and Gene's bad mood hit rock bottom.

Yeah sure, the guy who called me a damn water country bum, stupid, useless, and an idiot soon to be Chakra resource that was supposed to be married off as a mistress to some Clan Shinobi for the genetic possibility of having a Child with big reserves behind my back is totally making things difficult because of high expectations.

 

41