II Chapter 7 – The usual and the unusual
956 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She touched her bow and removed it from the quiver, Tsukiko and Itachi seeing her actions both grabbed her hand and stopped her. "Teach, who will be holding these lessons?", Tsukiko asked sharply and with vicious poison in her voice. 

"I will be, together with Hyuga-san." the Teach explained and Gene literally wanted to punch something into pulp.
The only reason they made it through his lessons at the beginning had been Itachi who practically did everything and took the effort to teach them but he constantly made things difficult in the pettiest and worse of ways. Try finding your way to a restaurant for helping out when your Teacher just said some restaurant in Konoha, they needed a day to find the place, were late, got into trouble and caused a mess resulting in a deep resentment against the man only relieved by making him slip whenever he walked over something with enough moisture to freeze or by exchanging his perfectly organized documents with scribbles full of nonsense.

"Good, thank you.", Tsukiko said picked up her pillow did a mocking bow to the teacher and went to the door winking at her to come along. She frowned, picked up her books, she seriously had wanted to use them as a pillow, once you reached a certain point of tired they were surprisingly comfortable. 
To her surprise, tough Itachi took the books from her and nodded her to go ahead. She did and Itachi followed them silently under the Teaches glare. "Itachi you do not have to go." the Teacher said and Itachi raised a pointed eyebrow. 

"I am sick. You told me it does not concern me. I see no reason to remain.", with that he left the teacher and Gene wished she had only half his skill at making that Teach of theirs shut her mouth. 

"Itachi never knew you had it in you, or I did know just not expect it, rooftop, coffee shop? Gene, take this.", Tsukiko put her pillow into Gene's hand. "You look like you need it and Mom will want to have you at dinner tonight,  Itachi you and Shisui are obligated to be there too, my Mom, she seems to have the opinion I am in lack of friends. Convince her of the opposite."

"You have a lot of enemies." Gene noted. 

"I have you two, no?", She said and waved her hands, "Rooftop, we require being well rested when we want to beat the living sh ... wait living lights out of our as ... lacking a brain Teachers."  

"You don't have to censor yourself, Tsukiko. Coffee shop" Itachi said and cast his vote, shocked every present person in the hallway, again. "The treatment the two of you have been receiving is..." 

"Everyone knows you are skilled.", behind them someone said and both Gene and Tsukiko turned around rather surprised. 

"Hyuga the younger?", Tsukiko seemed startled, and the boy went beet red bring himself behind his ever present scarf. 

"Y-Yeah.", he said and they all three stared at the door behind him, did he just leave the classroom. 

"I didn't know you had guts.", Tsukiko said and Hyuga the younger, whose first name was an ever present mystery, for one since he was always in the shadow of his slightly older twin brother, for the other because he was regularly sick and seemed to vanish for days sometimes for entire months. He was close to invisible.

"Sorry.", He apologized. 

"Then come along we want to catch a bit of sleep on the rooftop.", Tsukiko said and opened the hallway window. 

"Don't you take the stairs?", Hyuga the younger asked and everyone looked at him as if they had seen a ghost. 

"You take the stairs, a Shinobi that takes the stairs, I thought every Shinobi usually takes the window. I have never seen anyone else do anything else before. Rooftop. I want to sleep.", Gene said wondering, and she genuinely wondered. Up until now every Shinobi in her circle of acquaintances preferred widows, she was pretty certain that was normal. 

"Gene, reality check, you are aware of the fact that the Shiobi you frequently spend time with are not your garden variety guys?", Tsukiko asked her, and she shook her head, they were just normal Shinobi no, sure they had Nicknames, Minato and Kushina were like the President and his first wife but Shisui, Kakashi, Itachi, Fukagu, Gai and the others were normal Shinobi. 

"It seems a certain someone forgot to teach you common sense." Tsukiko dryly said and stepped outside on the wall Gene following her with Itachi on their heels. 

"Are you coming?", Tsukiko asked hanging upside down their new rooftop buddy. 

"I can't w-walk on walls.", he said ashamed of it. 

"Give us your hands then.", Itachi said and stretched out his free hand, Gene doing the same. Their new friend hesitated but took the hands and let himself obediently carried up the wall to the rooftop. 

"Say, how are you called?" Gene asked him and he hesitated before answering. "Sei-Seiyu Hyuga.", he answered. 

"Nice to meet you.", Tsukiko said in their stead. "Now we have to make a plan, on how to make those Teachers of ours look like bad, very bad, extremely embarrassing jokes." 

 

37