II Chapter 11 – Coffeeshop Chess
888 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I needed a bit longer." Itachi said and gave Tsukiko her pillow back. "Haruto-sensei was ... persistent." 

"I believe so hope you lured him through the most populated areas of Konoha.", Tsukiko said and leaned back hugging her pillow "I am not an amateur.", Itachi commented dryly with a raised eyebrow, for a pacifist he and Tsukiko shared quite a number of views. "I have no clue what we are going to do now, ideas?" she asked and everyone was silent, they hadn't planned anything afterwards. The complaint their homes would be getting were hefty for sure, but Itachi was Clan heir, Tsukiko was Tsukiko and Gene remembered she only followed the mission Shisui gave her down to a T if anyone asked. 

But Seiyu might find himself in hot waters. 

"Seiyu, we probably should have thought about this before but aren't you going to be in huge trouble for this?", she asked him. "After all, Haruto-sensei is your Clan mate." 

"Not really.", Seiyu answered to the surprise of everyone blushing and hastily explaining in a flurry "I b-basically don't exist. I am short of being thrown out anyhow, a-at least now they have a reason." he shrugged his shoulders. That was not what they had expected as an answer from him. 

"Go with a bang.", Tsukiko noted. "You have achieved that."

Gene nodded, he sure did, and Seiyu blushed even deeper. It was a mighty bang for someone who was basically invisible to most people. 

They were right there now sitting in silence and Gene couldn't hold it, unknowing why she started to laugh. The others, who were a lot less open with their laughter also started to smile. Seiyu shyly, Tsukiko giggled and Itachi had both corners of his mouth drawn upwards. 

"Seriously", she wiped out a few tears from her eyes. "What are we going to do now?" She continued laughing, the tension of the last night and everything falling off from her during that. It was liberating to simply stop worrying about stuff and laugh.

"Quiet!" They heard the librarian shouted and Gene covered her mouth with both hands laughing even harder. 

"How about we take the Coffee shop route now?" Itachi asked them looking at the librarian who kept an unpleased gaze on them. 

"Okay." Gene jumped from the window stall and in four they left the library. "Wait, the book from earlier, I have to go borrow it." She stopped them at the entrance and made a few Hand signs before turning on her heels to borrow the book. 

[Water Style: multiple Vanishing]

The Chakra covered them individually, and Tsukiko whistled. "Amazing, you got a lot better, with multiples." 

The curse of the Yuki. I wonder if it is real, but I probably should take it more seriously. Tsukikos Story was a bit disturbing.

"For three weeks please." 

I doubt the library here has a lot but still it may be helpful to know a bit more. 

"Here you go, if the book is not returned in time, you will have to pay a fee." (Librarian)

Gene took the book nodding before heading outside as well, doing her hand signs in the attempt not to lose her book while moving hands. 

[Water Style: Vanishing]

Invisible now too, she saw the other waving to come along, and she did. It was quite fun avoiding the people like this even if it drained Chakra and Gene felt her control almost slip a few times. 

The Coffee shop was luckily not too far away when she dissolved the Jutsu as they were walking inside and Tsukiko directly walked towards a chair in the left corner. 

"I sit with the window in view." She announced and took the prime spot for grabs, leaving two less comfortable and one that was with the back to the door. There were few things that made a Shinobi more uncomfortable than sitting with their back to the door and since Seiyu was the slowest he ended up with the seat. 

"S-say, what kind of language were you speaking before?" (Seiyu)

"French" Gene answered. "Our hometowns' language." she explained and looked towards Itachi who was studying the card. "Is there something with strawberries?"

"Yeah, strawberry cake." Itachi answered and Gene nodded. 

"Then I take red bean Mochi.", Tsukiko glanced inside the menu almost taking it from Itachi. 

"For me, I believe I will stick with tea.", Itachi gave it to Seiyu. 

He briefly read through it before he closed it. 

"D-Dango and Tea." he said before looking at them questioning. "Don't you two want something to drink? 

"Coffee.", the two of them said at the same time. "We are in a Coffee shop."

They ordered and started inhaling the holy goodness of the only decent coffee in Konoha. It had been a challenge, a battle against many odd until they had found it, drinkable, honest to God genuinely and Absolutely fabulous coffee. 

Tsukiko placed a Chess board on the table and pointed at Itachi. "Hexagonal speed Chess" she said and moved her first piece. 

Taking a deep sip and eating a piece of her Cake, she bit into it and looked at Tsukiko and Itachi playing. She probably should tell them about last night. Tsukiko would find out as soon anyway, but Itachi and her would be kept in the dark. Shisui did that sometimes to protect them he was not wrong thinking that they were too weak to be an actual match for those opponent but fighting without knowing what was going on was even more dangerous. 

Looking at her new book titled The Bloodline Limits, their users special traits and curses. 

A few pages further came the pitiful bit that was written there about the Yuki. Next to it, a small snowflake was illustrated, and her hands touched it. This was this bodies clan of Origin, it felt familiar and yet so strange in comparison to the red white fan the Uchiha used. 

Looking further through it, she stopped at the Uchiha. 

The Uchiha. The section on them was a lot thicker, a lot more was known about them. Not surprising considering the author came from Konoha.

The letters were handwritten in black and next to it were the illustrations of a Sharingan. 

There were also Clans whom she never heard from and other whose names were familiar. Uzumaki, Namikaze, Sarutobi, Hatake all names with whose people she interacted with frequently. 

"Got ya Itachi, Checkmate, why can't Shikaku-san be as easy to beat?" Tsukiko complained and offered her next match to Seiyu while Gene started to read herself deeper into the topic of Clan Shinobi, their unique traits and possible curses.

37