II Chapter 12 – A point is made
829 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crouching over her book, Gene spent the rest of the day reading and sipping Coffee. Tsukiko played various versions of Chess against Itachi and Seiyu who later on Insisted on Shogi and two versus one in the attempt to defeat her. 

They stood no chance. The former gambler took her Shogi as serious as Chess and had gotten better and better over the years playing against the entirety of the Nara Clan. She once said the difference and the reason she won against them, despite in some cases them being the better players was because they play for fun and the thrill of Victory while I still play for my life and survival, the only way for me to survive is to prove my worth. 

She never managed to completely get rid of that way of thinking. As was a member of the Hatake, her living hood earned by her pay as the Hokages assistant advisor, a tactical genius to the ones who knew of her existence, she didn't have to resort to Gambling anymore, but she still did it. As a matter of fact, she got banned from every brothel, gambling house, card table, public Chess or Shogi board in Konoha. Not that it stopped her from doing whatever she wanted.  

Arriving at the Uchiha section again, she shifted through it and stopped at one of the points. "The Uchiha are cursed?" She asked Itachi who nodded at that. 

"The curse of hatred, it can overtake us and eat us from within, some say we have vew emotions, but they have been the end of many of ours." He explained and Gene connected a few dots in her mind. 

"Then you, every Sharingan User..." 

"On a higher lever has experienced sadness, deep bone wrenching emotion that not seldom turns into hatred that can make us either self-destruct or be our drive for achieving greatness" He said and moved his dragon piece out of a certain death.

It was already dusk when an entourage of other students hit the store and stopped looking at them. Tsukiko cheeky as always winked and batted her eyelashes as them. "Coward." She made with her mouth and fuming in anger, Kakashi appeared behind the other students waving a piece of paper. "Explain." He said equally soundless, and the students parted like the Dead Sea in front of Moses. He prowled to Tsukiko and stopped right in front of her visibly fighting to hold on to his self-control. 

"Glorious not?" Tsukiko asked him, now loudly. 

Oh, this will be interesting, I want popcorn. 

Itachi and Seiyu joined her in the viewer's box and observed as Kakashi and Tsukiko had a stare of. Tsukiko with a grin, Kakashi with a forced but amicable expression behind his black face mask. 

"You..." He said and Tsukiko batted an eyelash. 

"...are..." She batted another. 

"...a menace." She smiled even more Innocently. 

"This..." She leaned forward at his wrenched out words.

"...will have..." He backed a bit away from her and her bright smile, which had thanks to her beauty a devastating effect.

"...conseqe..." Tsukiko kissed him on his free cheek with a sly smile batting another eyelash and tears pouring into her eyes. 

"Nii-san, you will forgive me." She said with absolute certainty, and bit her lip with a pleading look as Kakashi turned beet red. "After all am I not you totally favorite menace." 

Kakashi made a backwards escape. It was funny, seeing a fully fledged elite Shinobi being unable to deal with Tsukiko. "So tell me why are you here. Certainly not being the message boy for my Teachers, more for Minato?" Her voice shifted from dripping with sweetness to business in an instant. 

"Yeah, we got a problem, and we need creative solution finding." He said and Tsukiko nodded. 

"Let's go then." She said and started gathering together her Travel Chess and Shogi board. 

"Ah, Gene, you and Itachi are supposed to be reporting home." He said and the two of them nodded, they could already imagine what kind of mess was going on back home. 

"Seiyu, you want to stay over at the Hatake tonight?" Tsukiko asked their fourth who shook his head. 

"I am going home." He said. "My Parents are okay, and my brother won't let anything to bad happen to me, we are twins after all." 

"Then let's go Kakashi-nii-san." Tsukiko said and grabbed Kakashi, who in a single move that looked like a reflex, picked her up. In front of the other students who looked at their interaction, she made a hush, hush, and again they parted to let them go. "Ah, Itachi, you pay." She shouted leaving them behind with a wave over Kakashis shoulder. 

"She never pays." Gene grumbled and Itachi put the money on the table.

When they left the store they were again greeted by the, parting people sea, their heads held high, and stepped outside saying their goodbye's to Seiyu. "Fukagu-sama is going to chew us an ear off." She noticed when they arrived home and hugged her book, passing the gatekeeper who gave them a thumbs up.
"Don't worry." Itachi said next to her. "It won't be too bad." 

"Maybe, for you, you are Clan heir, not that I regret it." She answered as they opened the door to get their scolding. Somewhat surprised to see who was present Gene sat down next to Itachi who observed the present. 

"What did you think if you thought anything at all today at school!?" Fukagu-sama thundered. "Both of you and I am not even talking about that brat Tsukiko and the Hyuga twerp involved!" 

"They send us there, despite us not needing those lessons.", She argued back her anger, taking away her original intention to just take it lying down from his tone. "We just proved our point!" 

"You certainly did, but damn it!" Fukagu-sama shouted and next to him his wife gave him a punch to the rips to gain his attention, it did not work. "You have embarrassing low practical scores no matter how good you do in theory, if you cannot fight you are useless to the clan and a damn danger to yourself and your comrades!" 

This was getting on her nerves, everyone seemed to be of the opinion one was incapable of being a Shinobi as soon as their Grades were not brilliantly shining Gems. Fukagu-sama knew she was skilled, heck he trained with her sometimes, and now he said she was incapable, a danger to her comrades. "I would never attempt to be a Shinobi if I were a danger to my comrades!", she shouted back. "I know when I stand no chance, and I know when to take my chances, which is more than I can say from a number of my classmates. As a matter of fact, you should know better than anyone how capable or incapable I am!" 

Fukagu-sama looked at her as if he was hearing something entirely new and shocked by her vehement rebuke. As a junior to the clan and the fact that she was taken in she should never argue back, just obediently accept her punishment and be over with it, keeping a low profile and acting like the poor taken in on Shisui's pity Orphan she was in the eyes of many. 

"Doesn't the fact that we in four, not even graduated, outmatched our Teachers in an ambush count in favour of our skill? They were only hit in their pride!" She fumed, despite already regretting her rash words but backing down now would just be a cowards actions, and she refused to be a coward. 

You started arguing, now pull through with it.  

Fukagu-sama was quiet staring at her and Mikoto-san next to him closed her eyes raising her voice. "She does have a point dear, they are four not even graduated Shinobi that outmatched their Teachers who are, even if not the most skilled, Jonin and according to this record they performed Jutsu they should not be able to according to their grades.", she raised an eyebrow at her husband. "Is being underestimated not also a skill of value."

With that, Mikoto stood up and Fukagu-sama also rose from his position and waved them away. "Just don't pull a stunt like that again." he said, they were being absolved, and Gene let out the tension she hadn't realized she held. "Oh, and Gene, Shisui wanted something from you asking around if anyone had seen you, don't worry the boy like that." Mikoto-san said while leaving.

 

 

35