II Chapter 13 – Nightfall mission
871 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am very motivated recently :)

---

With Mikotos words, she excused herself and left, leaving Itachi behind determined to find Shisui. She sure hoped that he was searching for her incident in school and not for last night. Walking through the hallways of the familiar Uchiha compound she stopped at his room and knocked, no answer. 

Maybe he is waiting at my place, after all he was searching for me. 

Following her line of thought, she arrived at her room and went into it, only to see Shisui sitting over one of her books. "You know, I did not give you free access to my room just so you can ambush me.", she said and wanted to hit herself, she just had to start an argument now. 

"Sit down and show me your ankle.", he growled at her, and she wondered how did he know happy he didn't say anything about her entrance. She walked to her table next to him, and he put the book aside before picking her up and taking her ankle into his hands and shoving up her pants a bit, so he could see better. As he saw the black and blue swollen bit he growled "I know you don't notice pain that easily, but still don't get hurt like this, especially since you will be receiving your first real mission from me." His hand started to glow in faint green as the ankle underneath slowly healed back together.

Huh, when did he learn healing. 

She simply accepted him healing her ankle and kept still. 

"Hands while we are it." He demanded.

"What mission?", she asked him and handed her hands. He untaped them and cursed at seeing their state.

"Uncover the traitor, whoever he is. He must be extremely skilled in Genjutsu, you were chosen to try uncovering him during your one-week suspension from school since Genjutsu has extremely weak effects if any at all on you." He looked at her with a dark expression. "Just so you know I did not agree with this decision. This is a A Rank mission."

"I imagine.", she answered, not feeling entirely confident with this matter as well but hadn't she spoken up today she was capable. "As a matter of fact I don't intend to fight at all." 

I wouldn't stand a chance against Orange Mask guy if he seriously attacks me. Not that it will stop me from investigating the issue.

"I still don't agree." He objected, and she saw the red flashing of a Sharingan flashing, he was angry. 

"I know, I will investigate, I won't fight, I am not stupid enough to do so.", she leaned her cheek into his hand.  "I said it before I will protect this my place,y family.", she was certain of that much. "Successfully caused trouble today too, no, it was spectacular."

Shisui frowned and nodded, taking out a Kunai from his pocket with a Tag she hadn't ever seen attached to it, handing it to her. "Don't try to distract me. Emergency signal Tag, throw it into the air, and you can mobilize the entire Clan." He took out another Kunai with the same Tag just written in red on it out. "This one will call the entirety of the Anbu and every Chuunin and above Shinobi inside Konoha. Don't confuse them." he said, and she stared at the Kunai he gave her. 

"Are you mad! These are only for Clan officials and highest rank Konoha Shinobi and not for someone who hasn't even graduated yet." she wanted to refuse and give the Kunai back, feeling as if they almost burned in her hands. Only a handful of Konoha Shinobi should be in possession of these Tags, the Hokage and his closest aides if anyone.

"I don't care about the rules, I just want to know you have a fallback and if they demote me for it, so be it. Only a bastard wouldn't want his little treasure safe." he smiled and patted her head returning to bandaging her fingers. "Got it." 

Knowing it made no sense since he wouldn't accept refusal, once he made a decision she accepted and put them into her bag. "I will be investigating at night then and sleep during the day.", she said. "Can I work with Tsukiko to cover more range, she also has immunity." she asked, but Shisu shook his head.

Sad, I would have felt saver with backup.

"Not possible, Tsukiko is getting at the issue from another angle, everyone else in Konoha, but you, were affected by the Genjutsu, we have no guarantee it won't affect me the next time. This is a solo mission, a dangerous one, just stay safe, Ang again be careful and don't dare to hesitate using your Kekkei Genkai. I will deal with the consequences." He answered her.

She put her hand on her bow and patted it. "If anything, I will take them out before they get close."

That will be the only chance I stand if the guy discovers me. 

"Genevieve, don't you dare die." He stood up and left her behind. She was left inside her room and stared up in the darkening sky, it seemed tonight would be a busy night. Slipping in a knee light coat and covering her face underneath a scarf, she fixed the Konoha Shinobi headband on it. With glowing eyes she climbed out of her room and jumped to the roof opposite to her. 

Time to get to work, now where should I start. He even said my full name for once, the pronounciation was off tough.

Looking at the Clan members slowly going to sleep she felt strange. 

It's hard to imagine that any of them would betray Konoha. 

Jumping higher and higher she stared into the slowly raising moon and the last vestiges of the sun the Hokages stony faces looking upon the village. 

"I will protect my family, that is my Nindo after all." She whispered and sat down on the head of the First Hokage. Her spot offering her a perfect view over the expanses of Konoha. Her eyes slowly adapted to darkness and the vibrancy of colors starting to starkly affect her. The greatest advantage she had up until now was the fact she could see colored at night and thus make out the smallest of differences among Shinobi and as a matter of fact the red inside the Uchiha Clan symbol stood out like a beacon at night, like their Sharingan did. 

"Hey Gene." she saw Tsukiko all decked in a black Kimono and with a Tanto on inside her Obi. "Have an eye on my Mom and Kakashi if I am not back in a few days. Also be extra careful, Kushina will be giving birth in a while and something is bound to happen by then." she said and Gene nodded. Tsukiko was talking French, so she switched language as well. 

"Take care of Shisui and my family if I don't survive my encounter with this traitor. If I encounter him. Are the Anbu behind you your company?" (Gene)

"Yeah, but I am pretty certain they will be useless considering whom we will be chatting with, I will greet Akio and tell him you became a great Archer if I see him. He did take a liking to you, even if you will need a lot of growing to do before you can use that compound bow of his." The slightly awkward Koi Carps on her Kimono shone ominously in the bright moonlight, similar to her colorless blank eyes. 

"Do that, may the stars be with you." (Gene)

"Thanks, may the gods be gracing you with great luck." (Tsukiko)

"I didn't know you prayed."  (Gene)

"I pray to whichever God suits me, but I always did have a preference towards the gods of Death and Chaos." (Tsukiko)

"Hades, Kali, which one?" (Gene)

"Hades, tough, I wish I could have a little talk with the river god of the Styx why he didn't let me enter the debts of hell but instead send me here." (Tsukiko)

"If you meet him, ask the same on my behalf too." But Tsukiko was already gone, vanished into the night like a Phantom, accompanied by the Anbu with her. 

What would she think if I told her I was a believer of the spacefarers stars.

36