ll Chapter 15 – In the darkest night
809 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gene stared down at Konoha observing, watching, thinking. 

A Traitor, to catch him I need to start somewhere, somewhere else than just Standing here and enjoy the scenery. It is a nice scenery tough. 

Her eyes caught a Shinobi moving, standard clothes, no Uchiha emblem, and he came from the wrong side of the Village also the stature did not fit. 

It was cold, so she wrapped herself up further and cursed at the fact that she couldn't really use thicker gloves that covered her fingers. Small clouds formed in front of her from her breath, and she hobbled from one foot to another to keep herself warm. At some point she started jumping from the head of the first Hokage to the second, third and to Minato-senseis look alike, still lacking a nose. 

Always keeping the village in view. 

Sad fact is, I have no clue where to start off with this investigation. Standing here and looking down upon the Village won't work. Since it is someone from the Uchiha, I should investigate there, but they know my Chakra signature. If I sucesfully steal in it will be of no use and  they will catch me the day after. 

Except if...

I get the Mission plan from Fukagu-sama's office. There are records of who is on a mission and who is currently in Konoha. I can go through their Stuff whenever they are not here. Not the best solution but something I can start with. 

Jumping down from her point of advantage she moved through the streets, less visible than the rooftops and made herself invisible. 

[Water Style: Vanishing]

Newly made invisible, she snuck in past the guard and went along the compound wall. If she remembered right. Stopping by a bush, she grinned, behind there was the favorite sneaky hole of every Uchiha Kid. Since it was small she would need to crawl a bit, but only insiders knew of this place. 

Putting down her quiver, she looked through the hole. Nothing. Good. She moved her things through and crawled after it, admittingly a tight fit but it worked.

One of the few times when I am actually happy being smaller than average.

She was now directly in the backyard of the public zone. From here on, she needed to keep up the vanishing and move towards Fukagu-sama's main office. He managed the entire Clan from there and if the mission plan was somewhere it should be there after all it's not exactly Top secret stuff.

On silent soles and keeping away from the wooden paths behind bushes, artificial landscapes and other things, she made her way to the main office past a number of guards.

Thank god I know the guard sheldue.

Behind a tree she breathed flatly so not to alert anyone as two familiar faces passed by. 

I need to be moving silent. 

She looked down at her Shoes and clicked her tongue. They were dirty as hell. No way she would go unnoticed if she set a foot into the office.

Sneaking into the main office was only feasible because people walked in and out of it layering their signatures over each other making a single one unrecognizable. 

These need to go off. 

Crying internally, she walked to the wooden stairs and slipped off the shoes, hiding them underneath in the shadows. Now in Tabi, the coldness already creeping in on them and not exactly excited about that she stopped in front of the door. 

Actually, I could just ask Fukagu-sama to give those to me.

She closed her eyes, taking a breath, checking it for chakra security. Nothing. 

Luckily, since secret stuff is probably secured somewhere else and people go in and out of this office all the time. I should really just ask him for the Mission Plan. No, I can't, this is a secret mission and as strange as it sounds he is a suspect too, I don't want him to be. 

She slipped in closing the door behind her, and suddenly it hit her seeing the place she sometimes visited at night, in secret, sneaking in.

I feel like a traitor. I am investigating the one place that gave me a home for another traitor, damn you Minato-sensei, Shisui this really feels bad. 

She slipped towards the table filled with documents, different things piled on top of each other. 

Now, if I were Fukagu-san where would I place a Mission overview. Not in the middle of the Chaos, it's something he needs every day, it should be organized, maybe a booklet, something compact. 

She looked at the small shelves and swept over them with Chakra, the two lowest ones were secured, the upper three not. Opening them she looked inside. 

Food plan for the eatery, orders, A Itachi and Sasuke foto diary, now that's cute. 

The next. 

Stuff for writing, extra ink, supplies. 

The third. 

Please be here I really don't want to open the lower ones. 

She opened it and looked inside, right the first one. 

Mission Plan, this month.

Taking it, she closed the shelf and crawled underneath the table, opening it. The first part of this month was already over. Opening the part she required she looked through it. 

Here. 

With her heart beating, she keyed her Nanites to remember. With glowing blue eyes she read through it, the swirling light illuminating the letters in front of her. 

Faster, it's only a matter of time until someone notices me. 

Putting her Nanites to work, she kept up the reading in minute detail, not a second to spare here. Something creaked, and she wanted to jump up but kept herself immobile, unmoving. Steps, too far to be in this room, passing by? Guards? 

No to early. 

Taking out her bow and putting an ice arrow on it, she readied herself when she heard the door behind her open. It wouldn't kill her opponent but freeze them. She drew up her shawl until her face was covered waiting, anticipating, slowly but surely keeping her head down listening to the sound from her hiding spot. 
The steps were to light for a normal person, fluent, soundless, it had to be a Shinobi's steps, and from the creeping feeling she had someone who had noticed her, maybe.

Go away. Don't be curious. Don't notice me.

She really did not want to shoot someone from the Uchiha. 

"Be sure to check the missing ones too.", she heard a familiar Voice. Mikoto-san. "And remember, many among the Uchiha are more than they seem to be. We simply choose not to fight anymore." 

Does she know it's me, or is she simply throwing in a taunt to get me off Guard? Why the hell did no one ever bother telling me Mikoto-san was a Shinobi.

There was no movement no sound as she waited.

35