II Chapter 16 – A quiet room
905 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Is she gone?

Gene only heard silence, there was nothing there, but as a Shinobi, even retired, Mikoto was capable of moving completely silently. She couldn't even do a sweep, depending on Mikotos sensitivity to Chakra she would sense it, nothing more than a shiver but still in this situation it was enough to alert her and there were a number of Shinobi in the compound who would immediately notice something the difference spinging into action.

Now it is a challenge who dares to take leap first. If she is still there. 

Damn it. 

 Gene didn't know how much time had passed when she heard a rustle. 

"I see.", Mikoto said. "I applaud your nerves, many would have attacked me by now, just one question, do you want to harm what is mine?" her voice a dangerous dark tone that had Gene shiver, her hands were still cold as Ice.
"Two knocks for yes, one for no.", she said. "No answer means I will kill you right here right now, an answer and I will let you have your life. Maybe." 

Gene kept still. 

Answer or not?

If I knock from here she will know my position. 

Then...

She kept her breathing steady, and closed her eyes. What felt right, what would Anuk do.

Answer, but creatively. Mikoto has honor.

She moved one of her hands and put it forward, making no sound. She made a number of signs with them both, slightly awkward since she did not want to let go of her weapon. 

[Wind Style: Gentle breeze]

Using the Jutsu she developed for training her Chakra control and the amount she put into each Jutsu she moved over one of the ink containers and had it fall, shatter on the ground, the sound a garish one in the nerve wreaking silence. Gene could literally picture the dark ink spreading on the wood.

One knock. No, I mean no harm to you and yours. 

She just hoped the message would reach Mikoto. Biting her lip, she waited and heard steps. "I understand, but should I ever find you again, I will take your head. This is merely mercy.", the door opened, and she heard it shut hearing a faint whisper of something. 

Did she find out it was me? No I am not sure, crap, this is not starting of well. 

She opened the plans again and saved the last two pages inside her Nanites, photographic memory was nice, but this would only stay insider her Nanites for an hour or so, if she was lucky she would need to writhe it down somewhere. 

I should have just gone to the Hokages office and had a copy made there, from the missions any Uchiha would be sent in the close future, gods but that would have needed ages and wouldn't cover clan intern missions.

Taking the booklet, she put it back where she found it and closed the shelf. Again, sound. She shoved herself back under the table and waited, hearing the faint sounds of two people guarding. She touched her bow and kept on the Ice arrow filling it with chakra before recognizing the voices. 

The guards. How long did I spend waiting in for sound. Every turn, an in two hours, that makes, I was here an entire hour waiting for Mikoto to make a sound. I didn't even notice. 

Slowly she kept her invisibility tight and walked more silently than ever touched the wooden floor with her Tabi. 

God gracious. 

Stepping outside she looked left and right. 

Nobody.

Taking a deep breath of relieve, she walked outside, put on her Sandals and slipped into them. Hurrying back through the Gardens, hiding and slipping in-between she came back to the crack in the wall. 

She slipped outside through it. Calmly and with a pounding heart. 

Pen and Paper. 

She needed to put her information down on paper. 

And then I need a list of people form the Uchiha who have gone missing during the last War, one of all retired Uchiha Shinobi, and then I need to put them on top of each other. 

Once I compare them I can find out who was not at the compound and who was at the compound during that night. 

Tired, she closed her eyes, the entire situation was starting to feel too much. But now was not the time to give in, or to stop. 

Information is the first key to solving the Mission. 

She jumped upwards to the roof and slowly noticing the stain of the long time use of a Jutsu she had never used was starting to get to her. The constant concentration was difficult, it was easier with Henge because it only required Chakra once and not a constant supply of Chakra to keep the Jutsu running. 

The biggest weakness of it was that it required a stupidly huge amount of Chakra. 

Looking at the Uchiha compound, she headed towards the Hokage office, she needed this lists, it would make things easier by possibly narrowing down the list of suspects from a bit more above a hundred to down maybe twenty, thirty people.

Wait. What if some Uchiha have had One-Night stands with unexpected results. It's not impossible they are human and oh god, I don't even want to think about it. The Sharingan is hereditary that means technically the necessary Genetics for it can jump generations and reappear God knows when. 

Crying internally at having to take that angle into consideration too she shook her head. 

First concentrate on the ones who have gone missing without a body, the ones that are retired and the ones that could have had the possibility to appear that night, which is almost everyone since there was a General Summoning.  

Slipping into the Hokage office by window she looked at the looming mountains of Paperwork in front of her. 

"Why do I have the feeling finding something to write and an empty sheet of paper is going to be more challenging that finding top secret information in here." 

Has Minato never heard of the principle of delegating and shelves. 

Heck did he color code all of that from important to less important to just put it over there and don't bother me. 

Who the hell would do this job willingly? 

37