II Chapter 17 – The basis for sucess
771 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Going through the mountains of Paperwork she hadn't even started when the office was stormed by three vicious looking Anbu in masks. Their Weapons rised ready to attack and their Jutsu prepared stopping in their tracks seeing her waving at them.

"Oh, Hi", she greeted and wanted to smack herself, she just had to forget that this office was always guarded, and an alarm system activated when someone stumbled in here in the middle of the night. "I am Genevieve, I have authorization." she told them and the two Anbu grabbed her, and she barely could stop herself from rolling her eyes. "Call Shikaku-san or Minato-sensei." She said and yawned. "And now where do I find paper?" 

They lifted her by her arms and dragged her to where God knows where. A man ran towards them. "Leave her!" She heated someone shout and saw Shikaku-san hurrying and rather tired looking. 

The two Anbu looked at her and at each other and let her drop. She landed on the floor and rolled her shoulders before smiling at Shikaku-san. "I am surprised you are still here." She said. "Could you please tell those guys I am not a Spy and I really need an empty sheet of paper." 

"Sure, sure, Guys let the girl go, she works for me. I am here because it is rather early, and I am busy. Now let us get you an empty sheet of paper." He reached out with his hand and Gene took it a shiver erupting from him. 

"You are cold." He said, and she looked up at him, shrugging her shoulders. "Work Hazard." She said, and together they entered a large office she knew was for meetings. 

"Take Tsukiko's chair, it's higher than the others, it should fit you." He said and Gene sat down getting papers from Shikaku-san. "Coffee?" He asked and she nodded. "A latte please." She muttered starting to write down what her Nanites saved. 

"What is a Latte?" 

She stopped a moment. "Coffee with a lot of Milk." She answered, and he understood what she meant, nodding. With her Legs dangling she started of her lists, crooked European writing, it was faster for her when writing without a pen and than using the Signs here, even if she had no trouble reading them from the get go. 

"You use the same writing as Tsukiko sometimes." Shikaku-san said, and put the large cup next to her. "It looks strange." 

"I'd does for you, it is in our home country's letters but using your words." She answered. "But it works well for us." 

The sun was slowly rising in the distance and after almost 24 hours and more on her legs, Gene noticed how despite her best efforts she was truly tired. Bone deep tired, rubbing her eyes she looked at the papers. 

"Have you got something to tie them together? I need you to gather me some information. I require a list of all mssing inside the Uchiha, all retired Uchiha members, bastard children and everyone whose dead body was not retrieved or where it was impossible to retrieve them despite their confirmed death. Oh, and only the blood related ones, not married in or in-laws." 

"Anything else, your highness." He said and she rose a skeptical eyebrow. 

"You set me on the investigation towards the possible Uchiha Traitor, now I require Intel for that. My List will cover a lot of people, of whom I don't even know the name, and I wouldn't know where to search for them either. Now this will narrow it down from a hundred too two hundred people to maybe fifty to sixty people. She told him and sipped the caffeinated goodness. "Now I will go home, get some sleep." She said and emptied her cup and tied the papers into a stack and opened the window. A cold breeze hit her, she shivered and closed her eyes. 

Damn I am tired. 

By now she was ready to fall on her futon, cuddle into it and sleep. 

She headed towards Uchiha compound and did a few Hand signs in the middle. 

[Water Style: Vanishing]

She vanished in thin air running towards her place at the compound. Opening it, she found everything like usual and placed the papers into her desk. Closed the Shelf and put a security tag on it before getting into her PJ and falling into the Futon. 

Sleep

She snuggled into it and signed before falling asleep, but peace did not last long before Itachi opened the door. "Rise and shine, we have to go to school." 

Tired, she rose her trembling hand. "We are suspended." She creaked and put her cushion over her head. "Let me sleep." 

"You sound like you haven't slept in two days." Itachi noted and she groaned back. 

"Not that far off." She said and snuggled back. 

Itachi looked at her and signed. "Come on." He said and walked towards her, letting out a sneeze. It seemed his Cold was still there. 

Shaking her, she wanted to shout. Was it too much to ask for sleep. "Father send someone to give us practical lessons while we are suspended." 

She wanted to cry and wail in despair. Last night on a mission, the night before that dealing with a Village wide Genjutsu and a guy threatening her life, a day in school and no more than a few hours on Tsukiko's pillow of sleep under her belt. 

"Get me some very, very strong Coffee." She said and rose up. "I will get dressed." 

It's not like I can simply skip all activities during the day that would be suspicious. This is going to be exhausting, I will have to wrestle my sleep from the evenings and hopefully no one wants something from me today from one on or else I will commit unspeakable things. 

Fighting Gene, you can do it. 

Seeing Itachi standing there after getting dressed and looking at her teacher she truly wanted to run now. 

Or not. 

"Good Morning Mikoto-san." She bowed for a polite greeting. 

36