II Chapters 24 – Tsukiko – The reasons why
812 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tsukiko sat there and waited looking at Emeraude, her feet dangling from the chair, the wooden clocks she exchanged with her Sandals clacking waiting for her opposite to react. 

Emerause stared back, in silence, the sound of Tsukiko's shoe choice the only sound until even that stilled stopped. 

The silence was now ironclad, their hands folded, the left over the right, in front of them on top of the table, a questioning eyebrow raised and painfully straight backs. Tsukiko wore her jet black Kimono with white Koi Carp's embroidered with an almost noble dignity. Emeraude was wearing dark brown pants and a light green blouse, his long brown hair tied back orderly in opposition to Tsukiko who had hers feely falling down her back, like a noble himself.

Both had the same glowing eyes, the same tension and held themselves identically on their chairs. 

"Dear husband, Tsukiko-sama." Their attention redirected. "Do me the favor, please stop your ice-age." Aoki spoke up saying what everyone in the room wanted to do since two hours, the two directed their pointedly raised eyebrows in perfect synchronicity at him. This is a habit, they both had, when being mildly displeased or wondering about something.

Aoki was unfazed.

"I have gotten used to this look, I am married to someone in possession of that gaze." He told Tsukiko dryly, who couldn't entirely deny the fact that being married to Emeraude required nothing if not guts, a lot of them.

"Dearest, I find myself most comfortable if you have paralyzed facial expressions in front of a guest." He redirected himself at his green-eyed Husband with a smile.

"This is no guest." Emeraude noted. 

"It's your teacher, for better or worse." Aoki replied still smiling. 

"There you hear, respect your elders." Tsukiko said, with a lot of Delight.

"Technically, you are not even ten yet. Tsukiko-sama." Aoki uttered and Tsukiko shut up.

Now they were awkward in silence not in anger anymore. 

"I don't believe this will end well for us." Emeraude said in French and Tsukiko frowned. 

"I actually agree with you, how terribly disturbing." She said switching to French. "How did you end up married to a husband like that, after you literally kidnapped him if my memory does not fail me?" 

"I did not kidnap him because he is mine to begin with, no one takes mine from me without my permission." (Emeraude) 

"That sounds extremely sane, my dear, you cannot own people, your borderline personality is starting to show through." (Tsukiko) 

"At least in this life I have quite a loving family, keeps the insanity at moderate levels, but sometimes  I get headaches and tend to have homicidal urges, bed sport is helpful, holding in arms what is mine is very helpful." (Emeraude) 

"Bed sport? Marriage? A Husband? I am starting to be proud of you." (Tsukiko) 

"Please don't, I feel a headache approaching." (Emeraude)

"I am not criticizing your taste, I had my share of males and females before marring my ex, the biggest mistake of my life, would have been better off marring Anuk." (Tsukiko) 

"Oh dear, what did that female do, I remember why I stick to males. What do you want? You never do anything without a nefarious purpose." Emerause looked at Tsukiko who suddenly turned very interested. She had prepared for a silent and verbal war of epic proportions with maneuvering in the back, the front and at the side in enemy territory until she had cornered Emeraude like a rabbit in front of a poisonous vicious snake, but it seemed Emeraude was in a wonderful mood.

"Well, I want a few seals and to know who the traitor inside the Uchiha Clan is." She remained in French, communication was easier when trying to speak about secrets if done in a language the others did not know. 

"Oh dear you don't take half measures do you, Commander. I have a question for you, tough, depending on your answer."Emeraude shook her head. "I think about it. Now." He took a deep breath, "Why are we here? Why have we kept our Nanites, despite inhabiting bodies that aren't ours?" He asked and Tsukiko went silent. That were things she had asked herself before as well. 

" I don't know, but we are dead, and reincarnated. I was atomically vaporized, by my ex-wife, so I know for certain our original bodies are gone." She informed him. "But I do have a guess. You heard of the ghost in a machine?" 

Emeraude stilled and was thinking before answering with a bit of hesitation. "The Urban Legend about machines possessing personalities of their own, making individual decisions as if they had a soul?" 

"Exactly. Our Nanites are connected to our DNA and to our mental waves, allowing us to activate them and deactivate them because most of those who are compatible, which are already mentally unstable, would go downright crazy if they had them activated the entire time. Human brains are simply not made for that detail or amounts of information." Tsukiko explained and Emeraude waved her hand. 

"Skip the general explanation Ex-Commanding birdbrain, I want an answer." 

"Listen, I'll come to the point, promise. My ability is micro muscle movement reading, yours to see patterns, Anuk had dept perception, Philippe mental mapping and Genevieve has color perception. These abilities were suited like a T to our skill set and to our preferences, but never programmated into them. The Nanites were made to be adapting to us and to be self-sufficient." 

" So they continue to exist independently..." Emeraude muttered following the thought.

"Even after we are dead, or vaporized in my case as they are an-organic, they would survive. In my theory, they have the capacity to safe us like data. A backup of ourselves, our personalities, our memories, who we are, what makes us. I don't know how we ended up here, of all places, but the Reincarnation itself makes sense. The machines searched for suitable hosts, they took our memories and the personality and saved it inside them. Their only irreversible core and duty is to be part of us. Of Charles Dumas, of Chloe Bennet. They got rid of the other stuff tough, your compulsive disorder gone, right? My claustrophobic attacks too, by the way." Tsukiko leaned back and moved her hands as if wanting to say now look. "That is my guess." 

"That is in some way disturbing beyond compare, the fact it makes sense even more." Emeraude closed her eyes, switching back to common language. "That actually makes me feel bad for taking another life, and what makes you sure that we are in actual bodies for all we know we could be in virtual reality, like playing a game." 

"Don't feel sorry. Please. Whoever was supposed to be in that place is now us, as we are them." Tsukiko closed her eyes as well. "Maybe it's fate, in a way, and I am pretty certain we are actually alive and not trapped in a virtual reality because we age, we change, we feel, we have families, and we apparently die. The tree outside it's a ginkgo, Philippe loved those always said he wanted to be buried under one, and they are not common here." 

Emeraude giggled. " Yeah, his grave is underneath that tree, he was the founder of the forgotten. I have my answer now. I will provide a few seals, it's all I can do for you who the traitor is I don't know, all I do know is it involving two people, at least, with a Sharingan, and they have to be dead to the village."

"More than expected, it sure does narrow down the possibilities, thanks. Philippe founded this place you say, he had good taste, it is a nice place to stay at."

Emeraude hummed in agreement, " Philippe was sane, a dreamer, soft-hearted, he made his family here. A wife and three girls by the way you are supposed to be their Uncle." 

"Let me guess he called Charlie, Chloe and Anuk?" 

" Sure he did, light bulb, we have a trend for our worlds names here, believe it or not, my secretary is called Lucia and my first boyfriend was called Timo." 

"What a hatefully surprising circumstance, you had a boyfriend called Timo, is he still alive?" 

"No, he tried to reveal our village's position, chopped off his head. Philippe was the bast of us, shame he died of, believe it or not, old age."  

Emeraude stoop up and kissed Aoki. "For my nerves." He muttered and Aoki was beet red as Emeraude grinned at Tsukiko and muttered all that cuteness is mine.

Keep it, I have my own.

He left them behind as Tsukiko looked at the two Anbu. "Now what am I going to do with you?"

32