Chapter 23 – Sandaime
2.3k 4 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following Shisui she flew over rooftop after rooftop. Underneath the streets passed by, the people looked tiny like ants. 

"Careful, the rooftiles next to the Hokage office are slippery." Shisui offered advice while jumping ahead. 

"Do I even want to know how you know that?" She asked him and stretched out her hands while sailing towards the roof where Shisui stopped. She landed and promptly slipped despite the warning. Shisui seeing that grabbed her Arm and kept her standing. 

"See, I can land properly." She said smiling. Shisui grinned and shook his head at her optimistic view. "I wouldn't call that landing." He pointed the window next to them. 

"There. That's the window to the Hokage office. Right behind the paper mountains." He opened the window and stepped inside. Gene followed him through and entered the flooded by paperwork office. 

"Mhh, who is it?" A hooded man walked towards them. The letter Kage written written on his board hat and wearing a red white robe. His hands were closed behind his back and his wrinkled face showed visible relieve when seeing Shisui. 

"It's me. I am alive Hiruzen-sama." Shisui greeted the man who without a word hugged him. 

"Sandaime?" Shisui said startled, "what is going on?" 

"I am happy at least you survived." He said. 

"So the rest of my Team didn't survive." Shisui said, and something seemed to vanish inside him. "I feared it. At least now I know what happened." Shisui closed his eyes leaning into the hug. 

"Sir Sandaime, what happened to Yui, Riki and Hiro?" Gene interrupted them unable to hold her worry back. These people had saved her she had been holding on to the thought they survived ever since.

"First, I need to know more about who you are little girl. It is not every day that someone is brought here by Shisui." The Hokage said and stepped forward and bowed down to her. 

"I am Genevieve Bernaude, called Gene. I was saved by Yui, Riki and Hiro, they asked me ... to give you this Sir." She took out the booklet and gave it to the Hokage. "It contains all the information gathered by them during their mission." 

The man took the booklet and opened it. "You are right. As for what happened to them, we don't know. Considering everything I suspect that they have been killed by the same people that attacked Shisui's team."

"Thank you." She said and stepped back, unsure of what now. Her mission was accomplished, her savior's gone, she was in Konoha. But what now?

Damn it. I really don't know. 

She turned around to leave. Her mission was now accomplished.

"Little girl. You use Chakra in ways no civilian can and never would have one of my best undercover teams entrusted information of such importance to just anyone." The Hokage stopped her from leaving. 

Gene shivered, feeling like under an observation glass. "I am just Gene." She answered. "Shisui taught me how to use Chakra, and the other three gave me this because they had no choice." She answered, hoping he would believe her sincerity. The Sandaime turned around and walked back to his chair, settling in it. He frowned and leaned back. 

"It is bad. They abandoned their mission, broke a number of regulations and gave their things to a small girl..." Hiruzen said, and his fist hit the Table.

"Hiruzen-sama I vouch for her. She is a good person." Shisui interrupted him. The Sandaime looked at Gene and Shisui before frowning again. 

"Now Genevie ... however. I am not certain of your identity and as much as I value Shisui's opinion...I cannot trust you...jet." He looked at her with hard eyes. "A mysterious girl appearing out of nowhere with immense Chakra reserves. Saved by three of my most competent Shinobi and another of our most talented brought you here. A bit much for a mere coincidence."

"I am Genevieve Bernaude. Born in Paris 2097, the capital of France." She answered and did her best not to flinch away from his inquiring gaze. 

"I have no idea where that is supposed to be, but you can stay in Konoha due to Shisui vouching for you. I cannot leave you unsupervised though." He mustered her. 

"Sandaime. I trust her, she is not a bad person. Just a bit weird in the head." Shisui spoke up for her. 

"My last word has been spoken Shisui. She will be kept under the surveillance by Kakashi. He is currently not in a state to go on missions due to various reasons." 

"Kakashi Hatake?" Shisui said, visibly stunned.

"Indeed. Due to his current condition, it will hopefully help him. I was planning to send him to the Anbu, but this will be the better choice." The Sandaime said and Shisui nodded slightly worried. Leaving Gene worried. She wanted to say something but she couldn't. 

Kakashi Hatake? Who is he and Anbu? 

The Sandaime waved his and at her to leave. She looked at the door and the window, indecisive. "Leave through the Window, you can head towards the Uchiha compound." Shisui said and threw her something. "Here, they will let you enter with it." 

"Thanks." She looked at it. "Which direction is the Uchiha compound?" She asked deciding to follow Shisui's suggestion. 

"Don't even try to take detours, you end up lost." He told her and pointed to his right. "Always that way." 

"Is it the big square thingy over there?" She asked him for confirmation looking outside. 

"Yeah and don't mistake it for the academy and if you do ask for any Uchiha currently there okay. They will help you it's their job as the police." 

"My sense of orientation is not that bad." She tried to defend herself but earned a certain, are you serious, look from Shisui that had her flinch. Maybe just maybe, she admitted, she had no sense for directions. Most of her time was spend in Hospitals, where was she supposed to acquire that. Hospitals always had signs everywhere that told you where to go. Not that she hadn't got lost occasionally even with those as help. 

"Alright, what about you?" She asked him. 

"I have to stay and do my report." He said and she left him behind feeling more lost than ever. 

"Wait." The Hokage interrupted. 

81