II Chapter 35 – The day after
724 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shisui was still sleeping serenely, so she snuggled back into her covers determined not to rise before midday, enjoying the warm and clean feeling. 

The peace did not last long tough instead the door was harshly ripped open scaring them both, they ended up nailing the messenger to the door with two Kunai one made of ice the other of metal  with an audible bang. 

"Are you crazy!" the two of them screamed at the man who stood there trembling and smelling of fear as he suspiciously eyed the Kunai. 

"I am most sorry, but it is urgent.", he said, and pulled the Kunai out of the wood. Both of them raised an eyebrow, following the same line of thought. 

What is not urgent lately. 

"I'm going to my room.", Shisui muttered, beaten. "I will be where ... in twenty minutes?"

"Meeting Hall.", he said and Shisui nodded at him before leaving, with Gene uttering an exhausted "Urgh." 

Both of them raised and looking beaten Shisui left as Gene glanced at her bathroom and decided before she would be doing anything, she would take a bath, a shower to feel a lot cleaner and not this exhausted and beaten to the bone. Maybe that would help.

--

In freshly cleaned and ironed clothes, clean and changed bandages and her leg, which was looking anything but great newly bandaged up, she limped outside. 
Following the hallways with many gazing and looking at her, she walked up to the meeting hall, rising her hand at Itachi. 

"Hi."

"Hi." he answered. "Did you have breakfast?" his stomach grumbled, and she smiled, shrugging her shoulders.

"Nope. I was determined to sleep until noon." she said, and together they entered the meeting hall. Gene patted Itachis back and wanted to head off to her usual spot together with the lower ranking Clan Shinobi. A hand grabbed her sleeve and she looked back to see Itachi shaking his head. 
"Now that would be more awkward than before, come with me" 

"B-But.", she said and pointed at the spot she had planned to sit at and doze off peacefully. 

"Come with me.", he said, and she was dragged along by Itachi who put her on a spot in the middle pf the few Jonin ranked members before setting down on his where the heir of the Clan was settled. 

"Young Master!", one of the elders said, outraged. 

"Quiet.", Itachi growled. "I am tired, my patience is paper thin and my mood abysally bad. I have neither the will nor the ambition to fight with any of you for empty inner clan political Issues, or is anyone here completely confident in being capable of beating her." He said, and the quietness that was present in the hall spoke for itself as Gene was fighting a yawn. 
Heavens, she was tired. 

It didn't need long before Mikoto-san walked up between them, still wearing all black with Shisui in her tow that was holding a peacefully sleeping Sasuke. 
He put the baby into a smiling Itachis hands which was making happy sounds as soon as he saw his brother, who made them in return, as Gene started dozing off even more sitting on her pillow. 

Mikoto-san made a sound, and she yawned, feeling even more tired than before. Mikoto-san raised another rumble to get everyone's attention and slowly everyone went quiet. 
"Everyone I have a few announcements to make, since we all want to go back to sleep, I believe this is the fastest and most efficient way for us to return to bed."

Gene grumbled in agreement. 

"So, to make it Short. My Husband is still at the Hospital currently in Coma, and it does not seem as if he will wake up soon, and thus I nominate Shisui as my right hand and fellow deputy head of the Uchiha until Itachi is old enough. Secondly, The Hokage is also hospitalized currently, but it seems as if he will soon recover. Until her recovers Kushina-san, Shikaku-san, the Sandaime and the Menace are handling our affairs." Mikoto-san said and then shook her hand. "That was everything, go back to sleep, Gene, and the Jonin I will need you to remain for a while." 

The other Clan members headed outside while she stayed where she was and noticed how her Stomach was grumbling. 

I will go to sleep right after getting myself a snack. Breakfast, a snack that sounds good. 

"Gene, Gene.", she heard a voice. 

"Yes.", she grumbled. 

"GENE!", She heard Shiusi shout and was suddenly awake, yawning she looked at him. 

"What is it?" She asked him, muttering. "Is there anything else?"

"Nothing". Mikoto-san said and smiled. "It is just that we need your attention for a moment since this also involves you." he said, and she nodded, trying to focus on what was going on. 

"So Gene, Tsukiko has it easier, but you also need to decide soon" Mikoto-san said, and Gene nodded. "The Menace will soon be nominated a Hatake and I wanted to ask if you want to keep the Yuki name or the Uchiha?"

"Huh?"

"I mean you that you have to make a decision. Yuki or Uchiha Clan, but you cannot keep both." She said. "You are now a grown up, a fully fledged and more than capable Shinobi." she said, and Gene's brain suddenly started to move again. 

"What do you mean?", She asked, and Mikoto-san leaned to the side. 

"You are an Adult, so please think about it a bit, you need to make a decision soon enough." she said, and her gaze went to the Jonin. 

"As for you, I wanted to ask you about the matter of replacing my husband for a longer time and wanted to request of everyone to give me a hand since even with Shisui as my deputy, I will need all of your support and backup." she said and the Jonin nodded in unison. 

"We will.", one said, "We cannot destabilize the Clan any further." 

All of them and nodded as Gene's stomach grumbled audibly. 

"Godforsaken, someone gets that girl breakfast." Mikoto-san said weakly smiling and Itachi raised his hand. "Could I have some as well." he requested quietly, a bit awkward and blushing. 

 

30