II Chapter 43 – Politics, politics and more politics
713 9 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dearest Wife of mine, we only have a fixed number of tables allowed to be destroyed within a month, this is the fifth one and my Table budget is starting to suffer." Minato said while the others reorganized their papers, picking it up like no one was wondering why the table was destroyed, yet again. 

"Shisui, why do they have an allotted amount of Tables, does that happen frequently?" 

"Twice a month at least, Tsukiko invented it after a very heated session, Kushina adapted after that everyone kind of took over the habit of banging on the table to make a point which in certain cases results in the tables being smashed into smithereens, the reseach department is doing their best to invent a suitable table.." 

"Oh, and there the others say I lack common sense." 

"What would you do to make a point?" 

"Make popsicles out of them starting with their feed, or if I could freeze off their noses, some hold them so high I am almost tempted." 

"That isn't common sense, either." Shisui still grinned at her words. 

"You two would you are to enlighten us what is so funny?", they saw Shikaku-san ask and both of them shrugged their shoulders as Gene answered. 

"He is introducing me to the who is who." she answered and was met with a number of belligerent looks.

They were continuously ignored as the broken Table was brought out again, but a new one wasn't added, instead everyone now deposited their documents next to them on the floor picking up whatever they needed something. The discussion shifted from financial issues, the likes of security policy, taxes, rewards and the revenue of the major traders, then social issues, like caring for the old, orphanages, hospital care, the last which ended in the medic representative and the financial department glaring dangers into each other while huffing. 
Apparently everything ended in the end with money, Gene was thinking she might, would have been better to walk the path of a trader than that of a Shinobi. 

It was midday when Minato, tired and exhausted, announced they would continue the general meeting tomorrow, with a new table and in a fresh state of mind. 
"Gene, Itachi, Tsukiko, you stay here.", he said when everyone was leaving and the three of them stopped, Shisui did so as well staying right where he was next to her nodding at Mikoto-san, who carried a mountain of paperwork that was soon handed over to another Uchiha Shinobi next to her. 

"Shisui, I was not meaning you." Minato-san said but was met with a look of defiance. 

"Alright, why am I even trying." He frowned and next to him Kushina shrugged her shoulders as if she wanted to say, what did you expect. 

"So this is about me announcing your Team, and the issue of a fourth member being undecided, first off I wanted to say I am sorry I haven't told you before." 

Well, since it hadn't been bad news I was not something I couldn't stomach, even if a warning would have been nice.

"This is all about the fact that the village has been tearing itself apart, and I needed something of not only a symbol but also something with the force to back it up." 

"Nice and well, why us?", Itachi asked with a raised eyebrow, "We are for better or worse all Clan Shinobi there must have been other choices, better ones. Not exactly a symbol of great unity for all of Konoha." 

"And that, Itachi, is exactly why I put you three in there. Tsukiko comes from commoner background, her mother is a commoner. She is someone who proved herself a great mind, despite her lack of age despite her civilan background. You are Clan in the purest of sense, heir to the Uchiha, soon be head and blessed with the knowledge that being a Shinobi is not everything while holding respect for all fractions, which brings us to you Gene, I had my doubts with you, but you are the most prominent immigrant, acting for all that come from elsewhere, leaving me with a spot open that needs to cover everything else. Seiyu would have made a great choice standing for average Shinobi, but he is incapacitated, so we have to find someone else for that position and with the importance that your first mission will hold the choice of picking another young Shinobi for your team will be something for them to chew on. Something else than my wife and the fact that most of them are putting blame on her for having the nerves of giving birth risking all this to happen as a female Jinchuuriki." 

The explanation made sense, and Shisui grumbled behind her. "What about Gene?", he asked.

"She is a female Jincuuriki now, that means she will face the same issues Kushina has, and I do not want her choices being taken from her." Minato told him.  "I am not taking choices from her Shisui I am trying to protect them, I knwo how you feel more than you might guess." he said. "Because they want to forbid any female Jinchuuriki from having children, only to ensure that this does not happen again." 

Shisui growled. 

How dare they. 

Gene felt the anger inside her rising, pushing it down, nothing had happened jet and there was no point in being angry before something happened, only after. 

"Don't they understand that I won't listen to them?" Gene asked Minato and Tsukiko shrugged her shoulders. "There would be ways to fore you to listen, he has a point, distract them and make sure they cannot put it into practice once they remember. 

I will transform all of them into ice statues if they dare do that. I want to have kids and a husband one day. 

"Well anyway, these are the paperwork you three need for your mission, it will be starting in three weeks, dismissed." he waved his hand, and they nodded all in agreement and Gene followed a fuming Shisui. 

"Don't do anything Stupid, Shisui.", she said, knowing he was just as angry as she was.

"I believe I understand now why the habit of destroying tables has become so popular."  he grumbled.

Behind them a flash of red passed, "Gene, we meet tomorrow Jinchuuriki training, usual place."

30