II Chapter 47 – Soul World
635 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Heck!" Kushina shouted. "Did you want to kill me?" 

"No, actually, I miscalculated." She admitted and then bluffed through her teeth. "I tried to make it a lot weaker, and I aimed it to the other side, actually."

Woah, I am not a pro at aiming this Blizzard but this far off the mark, it didn't even go that awol at the beginning, when I first practiced the jutsu and constantly messed up the hand signs. 

The stream of Ice reached even beyond the generously big training ground freeszin one of the nearby buildings, this was definitely bigger than before, and she was not even really exhausted, instead she felt pumped, filled to the brim and the air felt colder too.

This is certainly different. 

The snowflakes that felt into her hands glittered and melted far slower than normal snowflakes in her hand. 

"Kushina, if there is a traditional way of sealing my Chakra, I propose we use that one because it doesn't feel like I have used any, rather I like I have more than ever." 

"Well, I don't want to be hit by that.", she pointed at the ice and Gene felt a bit apologetic, she guessed no one wanted to be hit by that. Kushina sat down, and she followed her sitting down as well. 

"We cannot risk your seal opening, so I will seal your Chakra with the Uzumaki family Kekkei Genkai, and we will start that way.", she said and Gene needed a moment. 

"Why haven't we done that before?" 

"Because fighting would have been more fun, this is just exhausting, no fun." 

"Alright.", as she said that a few thick chains surrounded her and wrapped themselves loosely around her, and she suddenly felt like the air in her lungs vanished and needed a moment to catch herself from a Panic attack, her hands trembling, she hadn't felt that weak ever since she first awakened in this world, she almost felt set back into her former lives state. 

"Okay, now close your eyes and concentrate, listen to the beat of your heart and try reaching inside your core to feel the lines of your chakra where your energy is stored now, solidly, moving very slowly, once you find that out I won't need seal you anymore but for the first time it is easier that way, especially for people with high Chakra levels." 

"Okay." she muttered and closed her eyes, trying to do what Kushina told her. 

She listened to the rapid beat of her heart and how it slowly calmed down with her rising concentration. 

Thrum. 

Thrum. 

Thrum. 

Thrum. 

Thrum. 

She listened and felt how something else was thrumming inside her body, as her heart did, only this was moving slower and slower, like a river, a calm large river. Reaching out her hand, she wanted to touch the calm river. 

Thrum. 

Thrum. 

The energy zinged through her body, and suddenly she was surrounded by white walls, spotless white, snow falling from a white sky. She moved and looked back, footsteps in the snow, they colored red, a bit like marks. She looked at her hands, they were bigger and there weren't any calluses on them. Smooth. Touching her head and felt that there was no hair, observing she looked at herself wearing a hospital robe, a nightgown from her past. 
She stepped forward and started walking, driven by a sense of urgency she didn't know before that, leaving red footprints behind as the moved through the snow. 

Strange, I don't feel cold. It should be cold.

In the distance something blurry appeared as if hidden behind a thick wall of mist. She started running, struggling to gasp air the closer she got, she had to slow down, forced to yap for air looking at the hidden behind the mist buildings, it looked like buildings. Determined, she walked further, gritting her teeth. The Mist came closer and closer until she stepped right in front of it and touched it with her hand. As soon as she touched it, the area surrounding her hand got red. She jerked her hand back and the red vanished. Biting her lips, she activated her Nanites and stepped into the mist, pursuing further. 
She didn't know how long she walked through the red mist, but her eyes started to hurt until she stepped outside and saw a completely forgain Shinobi village in front of her. 

Mist. 

She read, on a sign, at the entrance. Feeling a bit out of it, she stepped into the village. 

This is supposed to be my soul world, it wouldn't harm me.

As soon as she stepped inside the area changed again and everything turned white again, snow falling peacefully, a giant cage in front of her. 

"So you are here to visit me.", in front of her was an orange giant fox and looked at her with deep intrigued eyes. 

"I assume I am.", she answered and stared right back, Kushina was right the Kyuubi was truly more than just an animal, feeling out of it and a bit strange she stepped forward observing the seal on the entrance of the cage.

"You have the strangest Soul I have ever seen.", He grumbled. "All white and snow, it's boring, you may go back and tell that Uzumaki I have no interest in interacting with you or anyone for that matter." 

"I am Genevieve Yuki Bernaude.", she introduced herself, deciding to ignore his words. "And you?"

"I told you to get lost.", the fox frowned and showed her his teeth snapping at her, and she automatically stepped back, immediately regretting her action. 

"I am not getting lost.", she answered in defiance. "For better or worse you are stuck here and I at least want to know the name of the one stuck inside me, my Soul-world, after all it's just us two here."

The fox barked a laugh, and then he stood up, towering in his surrounded by white cage. "Little Girl, you truly think it's just the two of us here then you are mistaken.", he said, and she shuddered. 

"What do you mean by that, I mean I would know if there is more than us two inside my Soul-world." she retorted, shoving down her fear and the fox bowed his head until he looked right into her eyes. 

"You are mistaken, have you never asked yourself why you are here, in this world, and don't be surprised I have been inside different souls for quite a while now I noticed the difference. I have no Idea where you come from, but whatever kind of stranger you are, you have been sharing this place with someone since your birth in this world, it is part of the reason why you are even here. Someone wanted you here." Then the fox turned around, curled together and ignored her. 

Shell shocked by his words, she looked around and saw nothing, just white and falling snow, red footsteps left behind by her naked feet.

Coming to think of it, I simply assumed I died, I never asked myself why I was reborn, how I ended up here. 

She touched her eyes. 

And why I even have my Nanites, even if this is another body. I never questioned it, too happy for gaining  a healthy body and being able to do all I ever wanted and more. 
Maybe I also never wanted to know, simply ignored it. I doubt the others didn't ask. Ignored it.

"Stop staring into the air and get lost human.", the fox lashed out with hit Tail, "For all that matters tell the Uzumaki annoyance I have no interest."

"Thank you Kyuubi." She said, and he looked somewhat surprised at her. "I would have never questioned my death if you hadn't told me, and I probably should." The fox stared at her as if she lost the last of her brain cells and Gene decided to leave, she had a few questions to ask, feeling a last shiver as she left her soul-world, looking back but only encountering endless white expanses where gently the snow fell. 

 

27