III Chapter 7 – The Sands blade
475 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She noticed a flash, and something cut through the air above her, she jumped downwards and descended at blazing speed, twisting left she avoided a tree branch and another slash of wind following the first, the slight discoloring of the air, the faint yellow glow of chakra telling her what it was.
Gene twisted around in the air and stretched her hand out, covered in chakra to stop it, unable to avoid. The force hit her hand full on but the cold protected her. Someone hissed faintly, and she turned again to land on the forest ground. 

Having lost her advantage, she slipped to the left and immediately barreled up another tree. She jumped up in the sky and drew her bow. Aiming downwards, she covered it in chakra. 

[Wind Style: halfway gentle breeze] 

Firing downwards, a small tornado formed, and she avoided another strike using the strong wind it caused turning and landing on a treetop the tornado hitting the ground with an audible explosion ripping with it a number of trees with it, the wooden splinters flying around. Tsaying still she waited. 

For the first time during this entire fight, Gene got to see her opponent. Tanned skin, slender muscular build with average hight, a mob of extremely short reddish brown hair on her head. She was wearing a Suna Shinobi garb in red and sand tones, with a long white shawl on her neck hiding her face. Her eyes were hidden underneath her hair, but if she was not wrong they gleamed yellowish golden like those of a cat. The Shinobi held a Katana in her hand, and held themselves more like a samurai. 

They stared at each other daring the other to move to do anything when a whistle echoed through the forests and her opposite lessened their stance made a small wink as if wanting to say goodbye, the movement suddenly very familiar to her, before vanishing in a blur and leaving Gene where she was blinking and confused. 

What? Who? Holy? Okay, I thought we were going to have a fight. 

Gene stood there confused and perplex, she almost let her guard down before telling herself she shouldn't with a wave of her head. 

[Water Style: Vanishing]

Making herself more or less invisible and keeping her hands coated in a thin layer of Chakra, she made her way back to Itachi. Arriving there, he was standing right next to the unconscious delegation leader, one of his sleeves torn but otherwise unharmed, two death lying in front of him. 

"You are late." Itachi noted coldly and picked up a Kunai from one of the incapacitated Shinobi. "And where are Tsukiko and Shisui, I can feel my cousin, but the Commander is totally off the radar."

"Well it is not as if you need my help, Tsukiko should be...there she is.", Gene pointed at the small black clad figure that flew towards their direction. Tsukiko landed elegantly next to them, one of her Kimono sleeves torn up, her Tanto in hand a blood dripping from it, half of her face covered in red and her hair seemed to be slightly wet from blood as well, her black eyes glowed they were blank and calculating expressionless. 

"Did you have fun Gene, it seems you got the worst out of the lot, I almost had my guy when that Katana swinging one came after that whistle, damn that one is fast.", Tsukiko smiled a bit. "This just got a lot more interesting." 

"It seems the Sand were not expecting us to be capable of driving them so close into a corner when they were just testing the waters, as soon as I tracked mine down he whistled for the retreat." Shisui said jumping down from his point of view. "Gene, were you planning to blast something into the sky?"

"Sorry, I have a lot more Chakra than before and my Control is meh." that aside she did feel not the slightest bit of exhaustion even tough in the past this much Chakra as she had thrown around right now would have exhausted her, or at least would have been more than noticed in the past. 

"At least now we know two things." Tsukiko noted. "The Sand is no fan of this mission, or at least someone very influential in the Sand is not and our opponents are good, that almost one being a serious threat. I cannot move that fast, Shisui can you keep up with that?" 

"Yes, but only with body flickers and when I am using a Sharingan else they are too fast, faster than Minato-san without his flying thunder." 

" I need a bath.", Tsukiko announced, "and switch Kimono." 

Gene looked at the head of their delegation, who was lying in his carriage, still unconscious, pale as a ghost. "We won't be getting very far today anywhere." she noted, the others nodded, and she looked at the Samurai who had also calmed down quite a bit. "Sorry for the explosions, I kind of overdid it.", smiling, she behaved a bit foolish. "Really." she bowed towards them. "I am sorry," 

The man who looked at her seemed to calm down the tension leaving the air quite a bit and the leader walked forward patting her head. "Nothing to be sorry for. Everyone has their weaknesses." 

Well it is not as if being bad at Chakra control is exactly a weakness in a fight, it's just annoying, especially when I want to be low-key at least thanks to Kushina I am actually hitting what I want, and it is not completely going off course. 

23