III Chapter 15 – Kazekage
538 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tsukiko smiled, walking towards them. 

"I believe that is a good idea.", she answered to Karura in French and smiled. "Isn't it terribly convenient to have conversations in the public barely anyone understands?" she asked. "Because let me tell you, I do not tolerate insults to my mother by anyone, not the Kazekage, nor his wife nor anyone else." 

Karura giggled. "I believe that message has reached anyone, very clearly, it is my pleasure to know you, I am Karura of the Sand." she held out a hand to Tsukiko who took it with a gentle grip. 

"I am Tsukiko Hatake of the Leaf." she answered. 

"I know, it is a pleasure to know you, I have to admit I have not known Taijutsu could develop such viciousness." she said and Tsukiko started laughing loudly before looking at the other Shinobi and delivering a clear message. "Konoha has Shinobi far more proficient and dangerous in terms of Taijutsu." 

"I see, good luck on your talks with my husband.", Karura said and gently stoked her stomach. "He is not the most gentle one with words nor is he by any means accepting, but he has a good heart, and he cares most for the Village." 

"Well he should care more for his wife, as a friend of Anuk you are a friend of ours, we will not trouble him too much.", she said, "And I at least will take your friendship with a Bernaude into consideration." 

With that, Tsukiko left together with the man from the delegation, leaving behind Itachi and Gene without care, who both waited until the Medics had taken away the injured Shinobi and Shisui hurried back to them. "He will live.", Shisui said. "Did I miss much." 

"Just some chattering in French.", Itachi said with a wrinkled temple. "I sure have to learn that language, and I do not like that Kakashi has made more progress than I have."

"You made more than me, I can still only say the phrases, My name is Shisui, I do not speak French and thank you." his cousin noted rather dryly.

"Guys, back to the Job, we actually do have to attend that meeting, or else who is going to protect the Kazekage from Tsukiko, we cannot have him drangsalated too much or else his wife will be sad, and she is highly pregnant, and my Cousin's Bff, that basically gives her special status." Gene said and the two Uchiha followed along with a Shrug of their shoulders while the three of them sped up a bit to catch up with the delegation. 
They were led through the same convoluted mess of pathways as in Konoha before arriving at a large door with a Tag on it. 'Kazekage Office' A Suna Shinobi opened the Door, stepped aside, and they were greeted by a tall man in Kage Robes.

"I am the leader of this delegation, Teruhi Minekata, this is the leader of my security Katsusa Taisuke and the Konoha Shinobi Team 13 under the lead of Tsukiko Hatake." Katsusa-san and Tsukiko bowed both to the Kazekage who mustered them with suspicion. 

"I understand this to be a diplomatic mission, so color me curious, what is the Hokage assistant advisor and two Uchiha doing here, grated most of you are Children, but you need to be very skilled...", his eyes went to Gene. "...or talented to be assigned to this mission and the protection of a noble delegate."

Tsukiko smiled, the epitome of politeness, folding her hands in front of her. "It is of little matter, we are merely background accessories responsible for Minekata-dono's security, nothing more during the duration of these Talks." she bowed and the Kazekage had his gaze again shortly fixed upon the Shinobi before he answered. 

"I understand." He said. "It is my pleasure to speak with you, Minekata-dono."

"I share that sentiment, Kazekage-sama." 

The two stretched out their hands, gabbed them and shook them before letting them go and continue with being polite, very polite, so polite it made the entire situation fell as if the air was crackling in tension. The four of them positioned next to their Suna equivalents, and Katsusa-san stood right next to Minekata-dono. "

The hours passed, all of them stood there, rigid alert and like statures as the two men exchanged words, but again and again she caught glances from Shinobi passing by, from the Kazekages people who mustered the four of them with hard glances, in part burning with hatred and in suspicion. It made Gene want to fiddle, but she kept it under wraps and tried to stoically stand there like the others did and not show her curiosity and the displeasure at some others whispering when they saw Shisui because at some point it was a rather large of female Shinobi who sneaked glances at him. 

Gene suppressed the urge to freeze a very choice body parts and kept where she was listening to the conversation that except some nice words and even nicer expressions was hard to follow. She didn't know much about the political state of the various countries, but whatever they were talking about, they did it in convoluted phrases and following even more convoluted sentences. 

It was evening when the two of them handed each other their hand and, with a pleasant smile, each headed away. The Kazekage but did not look at Minekata-dono, but instead he kept his gaze fixed on her. "Bernaude..." he muttered her name badly pronounced, but she almost stopped in her tracks, catching herself as she walked away. 

Tsukiko fell back, commanding Itachi to take over her place with a wave of her hand. 

"Your relation with Anuk will be troublesome.", she said in French, and Gene shrugged her shoulders. "I am not planning to make a secret out of it. Being afraid of a secret that rests in the shadows opens portals to blackmail, something publicly known but not advertised simply makes it a fact, a statement, nothing more, nothing that can be used secretly against us." 

"I know, but still he is not pleased that his Wife's best friend is related to a Shinobi of Konoha of all places."

"Do you truly believe he could stop us from being friends, or cousins, it is a fact, we cannot change it.", Gene said. "He will have to accept it and Anuk will not leave Suna as I will not leave Konoha, that is our way, neither will we fight each other on the battlefield, we will probably just start drinking coffee on the battlefield."

"The fact that I can see that happen." Tsukiko muttered and seemed to shudder. 

 

Somehow I hopefully finally figured out how to upload images, until now I failed at that. At least I think I have understood how to sucessfully upload. Here is a drawing of Gene and Shisui,Gene and Shisui

If this does not work, please leave me a notice in the comments.

24