III Chapter 21 – Tsukiko – Kimonos and Kazekages
448 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tsukiko noticed the Kazekage next to her and smiled slightly, trying not to step on her loose Kimono edges. 

Her underclothes were loose too and her long black Kimono was really getting in the way especially when she was not wearing her Geta who gave her the extra size to pull off the clothes elegantly. Rolling her shoulders, she waited for Rasa to act somehow. 

"Who might you be?", Rasa next to her asked and she smiled, nothing more than that smiling she answered something that sounded as if it came from Gene. "I am Tsukiko Hatake, french native and currently an inhabitant and Shinobi of Konoha, daughter of Miyo no last name known." 

"Ah, interesting, the same country as Anuk, I am getting increasingly curious about that place, it brings forth curious characters and unusual minds." he said, and she giggled. 

"Indeed sometimes, but I always found the sea and islands more comfortable, the clean salty breeze of the sea, the scent of water, no dryness of the desert and the lack of that metallic scent that comes with the battlefield. " she said and smiled, stepping closer to him as they walked past a small store, and she looked at it. "Such a prosperous town certainly has little in those terms, if there are no such vicious things as diplomats here, or advisors as a matter of fact."

Rasa had a twitch in his eyebrow, just a second, a split second everyone else but her would have missed it. 

"Indeed, this place is a safe one usually, and a prosperous one, if we have no snooping enemy Shinobi here." (Rasa)

"Enemies? I thought there were just guests, well those that attacked us must have been none, or were they." (Tsukiko)

"No, they were not, and we have no guests." (Rasa) 

"No guests?" Tsukiko raised an eyebrow. "What are we supposed to be then?"

"You are..." Rasa shut his mouth before continuing, "...diplomatic envoys." 

"And let us not forget we have a Bernaude." Tsukiko mentioned. "I have been just through an attack, so you wouldn't be objecting to getting me a new Obi for my Kimono, I can hardly continue walking around in this state."

She pointed at a small Kimono store, and she felt that Rasa next to her was stiffing again a little.

"Certainly." he said, and Tsukiko nodded before stopping and pointing at the leader of the Suna Shinobi. "You pay.", she said, and he was now as stiff as a board.  

The Kimono store was operated by two startled looking Woman that paled almost immediately when they saw the Kazekage and Tsukiko. 

"How may we serve ye'" one of the woman said, almost falling into a dogeza. 

"I need an Obi.", Tsukiko said, left Rasa and crouched down looking upwards at the woman smiling her prettiest smile. "Please.", she said, and the shopkeeper nodded, then she saw Tsukikos finger pointing backwards. "And bill him, so go all out will you." 

Soon the two shopkeepers had forgotten all timidly and were conversing and fumbling happily at Tsukikos clothing, while the one in question looked at Rasa. 

"Now my dear Kazekage, how do you plan on apologizing for that catastrophe, so that I will conveniently forget it in my report to the daimyo." she said and looked at him. He was standing there, terribly misplaced among the fine colorful fabrics and the bustling of the Shopkeepers, who regularly shooed him whenever he was standing somewhere in the way. 

"And why would you do that, it gives you a very great advantage, especially with the consequences this would cause." he said. 

"Well you mean the trading embargo, the possible skirmishes and the fact that Konoha could probably lower their working prices again and completely ruining the current prosperity of Shinobi and of summon people as I see it in the streets." she said and closed her eyes as the Shopkeeper pulled at the obi with her foot to make it fit tight. 

"Now, how does it feel, is the color right?" the woman asked and Tsukiko looked at it in a mirror. 

"Do you have it in a simpler version, fewer flowers, less thrill, this is to be work clothing." she said and turned around. "Kazekage?"

"It looks fine.", he snapped at her annoyed and she smiled at him when the obi was taken off and the Shopkeepers started bustling again.

"So, back to work.", Tsukiko, spread her hands as they took her clothes off. "I have a proposition, I will keep this slight happening with resulting corpses as a secret from the Daimyo and the Hokage in exchange for giving in to the diplomat's proposition and a small favor for me." she said. 

"Not a chance!", he shouted, "That is too much!"

"Too much? I am here to keep an assassination on our diplomatic mission to myself and not ruin your economy while I am at it."  (Tsukiko)

"What stops me from killing you and everyone else involved and say that you left safely and vanished in the desert?" (Rasa)

"Anuk", Tsukiko answered. "Anuk Bernaude and Genevieve Bernaude, considering the fact that Anuk is your wive's best friend ... well, I believe you are an intelligent man." 

"You are threatening me with my own people!", he shouted. 

"I am threatening you with a Bernaude.", she coolly noted. "And with your wife, as a married man I am aware that the well-meaning of your highly pregnant wife must mean a lot to you." she said. 

"You are a menace.", he growled. 

"I consider that a compliment.", she smiled, "Missus, this looks amazing, I take it, this looks great."

"Great Mis' thi' looks amazing on ye'" the Shopkeeper said and clapped her hands. "Kazekage ye' want something for ye's wife as well, we have great Kimonos, with pretty patterns." she looked at the Kazekage with a certain glint in her eyes that spoke for a businesswoman that had just seen first blood for a new costumer class.

"I am fine, thank you." Rasa answered and Tsukiko clapped her hands. 

"I know, do you have another Kimono, one in light blue with bunnies on it, a bit childish but still elegant? It is for a friend slightly taller than me but also a Shiobi, it must fit red snowflakes." Tsukiko said, and Rasa behind her hissed at her. 

"And then..."she raised her fingers. 

"Enough, Kimonos are expensive." 

"I know that is why I am using the opportunity, One for Kakashi, one for my Mom, one for Itachi, Shisui, the Hokage, Kushina-san, some to improve my relationship with the trading union, the Daimyo...well for those I need a few more to impress...one thinks of all the noble ladies...ah I am certain, easily fifty-sixty Kimonos, at least, if I am not getting the deal with you, I have to strike while the Iron is still hot."

"Enough!", he growled. "I cannot agree to all you proposed, but we two can have a small conversation on what we need to adjust." 

"Great. Miss Shopkeeper, this Obi and I will be coming on collecting the light blue Kimono on chance as well." 

18