III Chapter 25 – Return to the Waters
451 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gene stood there, in front of the seas and stared out into the waters, the feeling strangely familiar and other all at the same time. This was the place it all had begun, the place where she first met Shisui, Yui, Riki, Hiro, the first steps into this familiar and jet strange world of Shinobi. She had not even an idea how to react to all of it, to all that what had happened ever since, meeting, Tuskiko, Danzo, the Kyuubi attack, her graduation, becoming a Junchuuriki, reviving the Yuki and even finding those children and taking them in, meeting Anuk again in real life it was all so strange, so different from before, so wonder some in a certain way. 

"Are you fine?", Shisui asked her, and she needed a moment before she nodded at him. 

"I guess so." She answered him truthfully, "I just don't know how to feel about all of this, all that has happened until now, being back here it all seems kind of unreal sometimes. "

"I agree with you thinking back we were a pitiful pair, a girl that was so hungered down she had difficulty walking and an injured Genin." Shisui said, and the corner of his mouth went up. "and a strange pair."

"Well we have never been anything but, you had to carry me around all the time despite those injuries." Gene noted.

"Well now you can walk alone, and I am very happy about that, after all I want to see you soar, wanted it from the day you saved my life." he said she nodded leaning to his side. 

"I think so, too." Gene muttered and closed her eyes, feeling the chilly air, the salty scent of the seas in the breeze and the calm atmosphere. 

"Would you two lovebird care, stop musing in the past, we are boarding soon!" Tsukiko shouted at them and Shisui let out a sign. 

"She is a menace." he muttered and Gene next to him giggled. 

"Well she has not gotten a reputation for it, that should be warning enough." she answered him and elbowed his ribs. "Let's go." 

Turning away from the seas and hurrying back, they continued alongside the delegation that was being proudly silent as they waited for the ship that was to bring them to Kirigakure, the hidden Mist. The ship reminded her a bit of an old galleon when it headed towards them, but as soon as she saw the sign on the badges, she stiffed. 

A woman with jet black hair was above her, dark eyes and a calm smile as she sang and said things she couldn't understand. Next to her a man with the same behavior he wore the same badge and on his shirt similar to the Uchiha was a singular Snowflake. He muttered something to the woman, she giggled and looked at him with blushing cheeks on her pale skin as she answered something. 

The woman said something again and lifted her up smiling at her, and she felt herself smiling back feeling all warm and fuzzy, then she saw the woman move her lips and almost just almost she could hear something. She tried to concentrate more on it.

"Fu..."

"Fuyu...."

"Gene!" it shouted next to her. "Genevieve!" she shook her head, the images disappearing. 

"What is it Shisui?" she asked smiling hiding her sudden shock of being torn out of the pictures in her head, shoving them into the back of her mind.

"We are boarding, you have been dazing off for minutes now, are you okay?" he asked, the worry in his voice obvious. 

"Oh, sorry, I am fine Shisui, don't worry." she answered and smiled at him. What the hell was that the previous owners memories, but they never appeared before....what the hell is going on...the woman said something...Fuyu? Something, damn it."

"Well, if you say so, let us go, Gene." Shisui took her hand and she followed him without resistance, the eyes of the Kiri Shinobi resting on her, their gazes fixated on her with a mix of fear anger and suspicion.Gene shuddered a bit under their scrutiny but kept her face in an expressionless deadpan following Shisui. 

"I have a feeling this trip will not end as well as the one to Suna." she muttered, and Shisui nodded. 

"You'll be staying with me tonight, Gene." he answered her, and she agreed as well, she would not sleep alone with those hate filled gazes on her. Defiant, she raised her head and encountered their gaze. 

I won't be a coward. 

 

18