III Chapter 49 – Responsibilities of a home
337 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The morning came faster than Gene wanted and with all those mountainous papers in front of her she just knew it was not going to be funny once she walked out of her office, alongside Izayoi, who for some unfathomable reason seemed to be unflappable and just as fit the evening prior. 

Walking through the new Clan buildings Gene could not help but notice how much things had changed from when she left a few weeks ago. The gardens although still somewhat bare showed signs of caring, apparently from Sora, who loved to decorate and plant flowers, a ample amount of climbing roses was planted next to the wooden walls. Gene could imagine how amazing it would look one day when the roses climbed up the walls and fully bloomed. The floors were polished and the houses, more than needed, since there was only the four of them, six including Tsunade and Shizune who spend their time here. 
Apperantly Tsunades obsession had changed from gambling to curing the children for now.

Sora, Izayoi, Seiyu and her were the entirety of the Yuki, at some point Gene knew Shisui would join in but still it seemed pitiful thinking back to the people in the Uchiha. The hallways and paths there had always been populated at any given time of the day. They instead were not only a lot smaller having their place at what formerly was a separated part of the Senju Compound, before it fell apart, but also a lot emptier. The sounds from the street were the only sound. 
The paper windows of their very traditional style house were painted with Tsubaki flowers and snowflakes, over every building was a snowflake carving, their clan symbol simplified and proud. It was simple, but it was home, her own place, her own home. 

A home, it sure feels different once it hits home. 

"Say Izayoi, what do you want to do now?" She asked him and he shrugged his shoulders. 

"Stay here, if possible work for the Yuki." He muttered. "I mean this is the only place that want's someone like me and Sora and I won't leave her alone. She is broken, more so then even Seiyu who is recovering, slowly but recovering, Sora probably won't." 

"How so?" (Gene)

"She is broken not only in body but up there." he pointed at his head. "All she cares for is the Plants and the house, she never leaves she has panic attacks if she has to even get close to the entrance or sees unknown people." 

"I see." Gene whispered massaging her temples and burning eyes, damn she was exhausted. "Is there any work left?"

Izayoi looked at his clipboard. 

"There is probably a meeting the Hokage wants you to attend due to your mission and then there is a discussion among the Clan heads, in particular your official introduction, since you are underage for now you will also have to name someone to be your official proxy." He said, and Gene blinked at him with a sign. 

"And who would that be, we are all underage, should I not be of eligible as a Chuunin?" she asked. 

"No, sadly not. A Shinobi's rank has nothing to do with being recognized an Adult." he said. "You need a grown-up proxy, someone of them preferably, there should be no lack of offers. Everyone wants a piece of a new Clan and of a Jinchuuriki with a Kekkei Genkai who also happens to one of the youngest Chuunin ever." 

"So it's about greed." Gene noted dryly. "I am wanted goods." 

"Yes, especially since we have no solid backing. Your friendship with Miss Hatake is helpful, and your connection with the Uchiha has prevented a great many from having ideas but not the big clans, well actually just one clan...."

"Three to one, the Hyuuga?" Gene did not need an answer and he nodded.

"They did not like us from the beginning, but they cannot deny the asset you would make if they had the power to take us over, well they have tried aplently already, but Mikoto-dono and the Hokage have been using your absence as a reason to prevent any overtake for the time being. Now that you are back that will not get us all to far though." He explained. 

"I can imagine that." Gene stopped. "But I also do have an Idea, who of all people is able to be being our proxy. It has to be someone with a certain reputation and whose word holds enough weight to make most shut up, correct? Not that it will work on the Hyuuga but on everyone else and fighting one front is easier than fighting two, or three or even more." 

"And who are you thinking of, there is no one here whom we could do that with....except Senju-san?" he sounded as skeptical as Gene would be feeling if Tsunade was the only choice. Luckily she was not. 

"Not Tsunade, I do not trust any Gambler, not even a possibly former with my Clan, no matter who they might be....if there is one person I trust without question it is Shisui as simple as that. I will not entrust my Proxy to anyone else but someone who holds my unqestionable trust."

10