IV Chapter 10 – Birthday Party
276 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was obviously a happening, every person of rank and name was present or in the mist of going there. The Who is who of Konoha in the walk. Gene wondered if there were any Shinobi above Genin rank not present, Chunnin, some of her classmates, formerly whom she shot a smile and a wave. 
None responded. 
Jonin, Clan Heads, everyone was there, she was like feeling as if being in a meeting but someone whom she did expect was not here. Tsukiko. The small menace nowhere to be seen remained a phantom of the Party, no black Kimono anywhere in sight. 

Everyone walked up to Hizashi handing him some form of gift as Hinata Hyuga his daughter was next to him in a crib. 

"Why can't I remember such a happening at Sasukes first birthday?" she muttered to Shisui who carried their gift carefully wrapped up in a blanked and gift paper. 

"Because his was not made into a diplomatic peace signing." Shisui answered her as Mikoto-san was now there, handing Hizashi her gift with the sweetest of smiles next to her Itachi. 

"This is for you and this..." She held up a small rassle made of silver bells. "...for your daughter so she will not grow up like a stiff board." 

Gene watched it happen and knew the relationship between those two would forever be a wasteland. 

"You know fun fact, those two almost ended up in the same Team as Genin." Shisui muttered next to her and had Gene holding back a laugh as he handed her the gift. That would have been slaughtering madness with how much those two disliked each other.

"Now here you go." he muttered and Gene nodded, waiting until they reached. 

"Hizashi-dono, here you go." Gene handed him a gift and smiled at him as bright as she could manage, he took the gift, and she walked to the back where Kakashi was standing. 

"Where is Tsukiko?" she asked, still missing their common small spitfire friend. 

"Gone off grid, she has something important to handle. It is about Emeraude." 

"Coming from Tsukiko I imagine it to be troublesome, are you allowed to tell me details?" She asked him and Kakashi shook his head. 

"No, only that she has gone AWOL, that is all the Hokage has gotten as well." he muttered and Gene nodded. 

"The team?" she asked him, meaning their Team 13 that was usually having Tsukiko as acting leader. 

"Operating like normal." He said. "Do not worry, I saw a nice garden out that way. For some peace." he pointed to the left and Gene nodded, walking outside with him and Shisui. It did not need long for Itachi to follow, as he tried to loosen his upper shirt. 

"Gods, this is stuffy." he muttered. "How is Tsukiko doing it every day and during missions." 

"That shall remain a mystery, Ice cubes for your drink?" she offered a finger, and he nodded as she had a few ice cubes drop into his water glass. 

They were not the only ones in the gardens, a few other Shinobi were outside dressed in working garb as a maid hushed past them, but not before offering some drinks which were declined. Seeing their emblems, Gene needed a second to assign them somewhere. 

Iwagakure. 

She finished and watched it with a bit of intrigue, pretty tense for a peace mission, though she could not blame them having been on one of them herself being tense was like a cardinal principle of such moments. Seeing as they were so uncomfortable, she smiled, maybe freeze off a few behinds.... I miss those academy days when one could pull a decent prank, but those moments are gone now. I just had to go and become clan head, didn't I. 

One of them spotted them and his eyes lit up, seeing Kakashi and Itachi, apparently he recognized those two as he walked closer to them. "Kakashi Hatake and Itachi Uchiha I assume?" he asked, and the two looked at him with little enthusiasm. Actually, Kakashi merely let out a grunt before tuning away. Itachi after a brief moment of concealed annoyance, someone only noticed if they knew him. 

"Indeed, and the sir may be?" He asked she had a distinct feeling should any conflict with Iwa arise that one would be on his list of people to fry. 

"That is secondary, but if you wish to know this humble man's name is Kai, and how ware your lovely companion and her guardian called?" his voice was sweet but had shivers running down Gene's back. 

"Genevieve Yuki." She introduced herself and wanted to reach out her hand, but Shisui stopped her at taking the man's hand and instead took the outsteched hand himself. "Shisui Uchiha, Vice head of the Yuki Clan and Itachis Cousin." 

His voice was a bit scary and had Gene have an attention moment, looking at Shisui a bit surprised. That was not how he usually handed things, especially not with strangers, no matter how much he disliked them. 

Well due to reasons (namely a small clarity confusion issue) I added a Glossary containing my reincarnated characters living/dead.

9