IV Chapter 20 – The Uprising (II)
271 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally, I found it the time to finish this chapter, the time to write. Now I just have to make sure I find another bit of time. :)

It was to be expected, Itachi was cooing at his baby brother when Gene waved at him. He looked at her, and he signed, she smiled at him. 

Standing up and handing with a visible glare his baby brother to the caretaker, she smiled, he walked to her. 

"Bro Con" She teased him, and he glared even harder at her. 

"Says who am I swooning over again?" He asked, and she stretched out her tongue in defiance. "Why are you disturbing my time with Sasuke?"

"We have a mission." she told him and threw him the papers Minato had given her. "Investigate the perpetrators behind the kidnapping." 

"Great, and they had no one else for the job...? Subtlety is something you suck at to be honest, and we will be working with the Anbu...good that means I can draw Kakashi and a few others in." 

"You know Anbu?" she asked him interested, and he looked at her. 

"You do too." he told her, and she blinked. 

If I do, I cannot remember.

"Pal...you are aware that Tsukikos Minions are Anbu. Shisui is Anbu as well." 

Oh, right.... I remember, they are, damn they are usually just Tsukikos Minions, I forget that Tsukikos Minions are hardcore and not just average Shinobi.

"Then let us visit the guy we captured yesterday first." She said. "We need to start somewhere." 

"After that, Tsukikos Minions, see what they can get us." Itachi said and handed her back the papers, which vanished into her sleeve pocket storage seal. 

Together they made their way to the prison, one look from the keeper, and he waved them through. He was waiting for them, it seemed. Walking into the bleak dungeons of Konoha they were led to a rather bleak Cell. 

"This reminds me of the Count of Monte Cristo." Gene muttered. "Hello..." she waved, smiling at the Shinobi who went deadly pale when seeing them. "How do you do?" 

He ramined silent.

"Apperantly not all too bad." Itachi noted. 

"Seems like it." Gen grinned and opened the door. "Well we have a few questions to ask you, you won't mind, will you." 

Silence

That would have been too easy if he simply told me no, sigh, I am in no mood for this, but he harmed Sora, touched my family. 

The bubbling anger insider her tightly suppressed by a weird coldness, she smiled at him. 

"Now we have two choices." She raised her fingers. "One, you are nice and cooperative and tell me whatever I want." one finger down "Two, I start breaking your bones every time you refuse to answer a question until you do answer, of course we will be starting with your fingers we do not want to cripple you for life although a Shinobi career would be impossible later." she put her hand down. "I prefer if you are nice and just tell me."

Itachis gaze burned through her back and while she put on her most serene smile. 

The man in front of her paled, before continuing his silence, ironclad like before. 

"Alright, tell me why did you kidnap Sora Yuki and Hinata Hyuga? And who is responsible for it?" 

She waited, the minutes crawled as the other man kept his silence. 

She took a breath. 

Apparently not the pleasant way, then. 

"Itachi, I or you?" she asked, and he held up his hands. 

"You go." he said dryly. "I am not keen on it." 

"Alright." 

She leaned forward and reached for the left hand. Chakra in her fingers she snapped the first finger, the pinkie, and without screaming the man paled even more, started sweating. 

"Again. Why did you kidnap Sora Yuki and Hinata Hyuga? And who is responsible for it?"

She waited, no answer. Frowning, she broke the second finger. This time he did hiss in pain. 

"Again. Why did you kidnap Sora Yuki and Hinata Hyuga? And who is responsible for it?"

Silence. 

She broke a third finger. The bone snapping under her hand. 

Gods I dislike this....but better than war, and we need to figure that out, or we cannot prevent it, that aside this guy harmed my family. 

"Again. Really I can do that all day long, he will heal them, and we start all over, until you....."

"Monster!" he hissed. "No child should be capable of such deeds, Konoha is truly raising monsters, cursed monsters."

She giggled at that, intentionally, to creep him out with a faint glow in her eyes rising. If he wanted to make a monster out of her, he should have a decent reason. 

"In fact you know, I am no child, I may even be older than you. I come from family known for their battle thirst, for their suitability to be warriors, solders, assassins. The Bernaude are born for war, even if we dislike it."

 The man in front of her shuddered. 

"Again.  Why did you kidnap Sora Yuki and Hinata Hyuga? And who is responsible for it?"

11