IV Chapter 22 – The Uprising (IV)
230 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ice in her approximate vicinity was a dead give away. Whoever got closer to her with snow-white eyes, no matter the allegiance was frozen withing seconds by the cold chakra she wielded in her hands, a flicker of touch, a gaze at their clothes it was all she needed until her fangs drove itself into her victim and closed them into an ice coffin. 

Switching tactics she took out her Bow, she started shooting arrows, not lethal but still able to incapacitate the Shinobi. She was deliberately aiming for their clothes and froze them off from there. They dropped like stones from the skies, carefully placed, so they would damage the surrounding buildings.

One got closer to her, but she didn't stop, continued to shoot. Itachi defended and knocked the attacker out in a few stokes. But he was not alone. More and more came intent on taking her out, but with Itachi stonewalling they stood little chance. Pinned to walls like flies, he moved with body flickers and deadly precision. 

"Gene, stop, you have taken out enough people." She heard Minato say as the attacks waned, and he walked to her, an unconscious Hyuga being carried on his shoulder. She blinked at him. 

"Are you sure? I am more than okay with making more of them into popsicles, I like freezing Hyugas." 

"I am sure everyone notices. Itachi." he said and Itachi turned to the Hokage with a nod. "Explain." 

"No." Itachi plainly refused. "I have no intention to. Where is Shi...."

Suddenly Shsui was next to them and started fussing over Gene, directly behind him to their great surprise Gene saw Seiyu rolling in. His gaze still broken but clear. He stopped looking at the other Hyugas, and those still able to, looked at him in silence. 

He opened and closed his mouth a few times before a sound left his lips. 

"I am fine, Shisui." she calmed her vice head and headed to Seiyu with a smile. "What are you doing here, you should be back home, Izayoi and Sora will miss you." 

He reopened his mouth and closed it, trying again, she stilled. Seiyu had not spoken since the day they found him, nor had he done more than quietly observe what was happening. 

"My brother is her dead?" Seiyu asked and Gene stilled. 

"Yes." She answered him. 

"Did you kill him?" he asked and Gene shook her head. 

"He killed himself to protect those that wished to uprise against the Hyuga Main Family." 

"Good." then he was silent again, the glimmer that had been in his eyes vanishing as he looked at the frozen patches withing the village. "Good, he died for something worth it." 

There was poison in his words, so much anger that Gene could not help but hug him. "He did, but the way it went was not good." 

"I disagree." Seiyu said quietly" But I am no more Hyuga, I am Yuki. There is something you must know." 

Everyone stilled now as he looked at them. 

"Something you must know. About Orochimaru, about the Uchiha, about all of this." he waved his hand at the others. "People forget that I speak, I am silent, so I listen." 

"You listened." Gene looked at him, and he smiled at her with a bleak smile, his eyes a fracture of brownish white they had once been. 

"I listen, what is the first rule." he muttered. "Always Listen. I used my silence, the fact no one expected me to ever speak again, to my advantage." 

"Sometimes I forget about that Seiyu." Gene muttered. "I prefer to act than to listen." 

"I know." His smile weak. "Thank you for not killing the uprising." 

"I had no intention to kill in this, just to stop. It will force them to change their ways, the Hyuga." 

"A Pity it would have been better you killed of as many of the main family as possible." He said and she shook her head. This was not the Seiyu she had once known. 

"Even the Children, the innocent, blame them for the deeds of their forefathers?" 

"Even them." His eyes fixated on her, broken ones. "But I am not Hyuga, I am Yuki, so I will follow your beliefs." 

"I see." 

11