CHAPTER 50: Dungeon Exam And Boss Fight
137 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And-" She looked like she was going to say something, but then she stopped speaking.

"You don't have to say it if you don't want to. Everyone has secrets and trump cards."

"Well for your problem, could it be that you're afraid of doing harm?" Hearing my words, Alice's eyes widened in shock. She never expected me to say this.

"S-Sir, how did you know?" Alice asked with surprised face.

"It is evident from the things you do in the fights. The first time I saw it, you had a move as if you were trying to push the goblin away from you without harming it. Also, whenever I killed a goblin along the way, you averted your eyes and always had an expression of pity for the goblins." I said to Alice.

"T-That's true. Every time I want to kill one, somehow my hands are shaking and I can't hit it." Alice nodded as her eyes began to fill with tears.

*Pat Pat

I started to pat Alice's head.

"Huh?" Alice looked at me with a confused expression on her face.

"Don't worry. You're taking a life for the first time in your life, it's normal. But don't think of them as a lives to be taken. They're just dungeon-created creatures."

"B-But." Alice started to stammering.

"They're not even alive. They don't think, they don't have hobbies, they don't have any feelings. They live only to kill people, which is the mission given to them by the dungeon. You can't talk to them or remove them without harming them either. Even though you pushed him in his previous battle, he moved to kill you. You have a family, don't you?" I spoke in a soft and gentle voice.

"I I have a father."

"Look, you have a father. What will he think if you get hurt? Or worse, what will your father think and feel if you die just because you couldn't harm those things?"

At that moment, Alice thought of her father, who had been looking after her since she was a baby and always smiling. In her grave, he was looking at Alice's grave with tears on his face rather than a smile. Her father always said that Alice was the only thing left of Alice's mother, and that if anything happened to Alice, his life would be meaningless. As that thought crossed Alice's head, she gripped her sword tighter.

"I'll do."

"That's the spirit."

Alice and her team took the lead again and took their place.

"Wow, I never would have expected that you could have conversations like this." Jasmine said.

"It was just a speech of encouragement, no big deal." I said with smile.

From then on, Alice and her team continued to hunt goblins quite successfully and collected a lot of mana cores. They were going really well, even if there were some glitches once in a while. Alice was wielding her sword neatly and slashing goblins. The boy with the shield was performing the Tank task using his skills. The mage boy continued to support the team by using the right spells at the right time. June didn't even need to be explained, her shots are very sharp and she always hits the target.

After hunting in the dungeon for a long time, each of us finally managed to collect enough mana cores. Me, Jasmine and Kana 100 each. Alice was able to collect 80, June 75, Jeff 68, and Mike 65. Well, since the passing grade is 50 and above, anyone can pass now. We had already arrived in front of the dungeon boss's room.

"Yes! I did it!" Jeff shouted.

"Finally we pass this exam!" Mike shouted.

And the rest of us were trying not to hear the shouting of these two idiots.

"Hey Jake what are you doing?" Seeing me heading towards the dungeon boss's room, Jasmine called out after me.

"Isn't it obvious, of course, I'm entering the dungeon boss's room."

"Why? We already got full points, why would you want to fight the dungeon boss?" Jasmine asked.

"Actually, there is no specific reason, I'm just going to test my strength. I also want to see the dungeon boss."

"Just this?"

"Yeah just this."

"Sigh... Fine."

"Then I go."

"Take care." X4 Kana, Jasmine, Alice and June said.

*Nod

I nodded and walked towards the dungeon boss's room and started to open the door. The door opened and I started to go inside. It was a really large room. At the end of the room was a giant goblin sitting on a throne made of bones. It's a Goblin King, as I understand it in its image.

"Not bad. Maybe you can entertain me a little." I said it while measuring the Goblin King's strength.

"Hey Big guy! Let's have some fun!"

"GRRROOOOAAARRRR!!!" Goblin King roared and grabbed a giant spiked mace.

*Fwwooosshhh

*Booommmm

The Goblin King suddenly leapt forward and slammed his spiked mace on the ground, throwing me across the room.

Mana zone, it hurt a little bit for canceling my skill, but it's really starting to amuse me.

"Pfffttt... Hahahahahahah..." I immediately started laughing.

"I can finally take off this mask." Jake said, and his usual expression began to distort. His smile widened, as if the recent coup had been a source of amusement for Jake.

There was something that always happened when Jake was little. There was no fear for Jake, just fun. Whenever he got into a fight when he was little, he always had a smile on his face, no matter how hard he was hit. Over time, he imitated other people to appear normal in front of other people. And he put a mask on his face and did not allow anyone to see behind the mask.

He would only take off his mask when he was alone like this. And the boss room, where he thought he was alone right now, was perfect for that.

"I think I can unleash the monster now."

=============================

Join My Pat*eon

https://www.pat*eon.com/DEADLY_SHADOW

3