Chapter 9 – Maypoles and Markers
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They had almost arrived. A tower shot up through the fog. Some of them wondered why they hadn't noticed the large structure sooner. A few had come to the conclusion, that it must have been the array. Froyd agreed with them. They got closer and the roughness of the structure became apparent. The stones were crudely cut, in some areas, so crudely, they'd resembled boulders. The tower seemed oddly wide. Froyd thought, maybe they'd lacked arcthitects back when it was made.

................................................................

Harrold Peterson, and Damien Lewis, stood with hands clasped, linking the sleeves of their robes. They'd looked out to the bay- far out, to a small formation of rocks jutting from the sea. Harrold wore a purple robe. Gold threads ran it seams, and made simple, floral patterns on his chest, shoulders, and back. Five individuals alive, in Lione, had reached the rank of Grand Magus. Harrold had reached it's very peak.

The sun was perpendicular to where they stood. Hugging the edge of the forest, as it rose, slowly. The waves shifty colors did not distract them. Suddenly, but subtly, the center most rock trembled. A woman walked out of it shadow. She wore a black business suit, with pants, that stopped just short of her heels. Her hair, up in a afro, caught some of the wind and swayed. She was far off, for a moment. A puff of smoke appeared where she had been. And another appeared besides where they'd stood.

"Farseer, we are more than grateful for the repairs you've done." 

"This is nothing. Actually, I'm happy to do so. I really needed a valid excuse to see you beautiful country. "

"I thought you would've been here before. The other's I've met had usually seen it all before."

"In a way I'm new. And Mr, Petterson, you can call me Nadene. There no need for formalities with me. "

"Farseer, I would never address you in such an unformal manner." Damien, hurriedly addressed the matter. He could lose his life if he played his cards wrong in her presence. He could feel an almost divine amount of mana coming from the tall woman before him. So much power, that he suspected Harrold could do little to stop it, if she so decided to act discordingly, as Divine envoys were known to act.

She frowned. She had sensed his fear. It ruined her mood, along with the scenery of May Sit Sit bay. She hated fear, it reminded her of nightmares. "Obviously, your rank is much to low to address me at all in most cases. For now just call me Nadene. No, in fact, I changed my mind, you may leave."

................................................................

"Alright, you guys, ask the rest of your questions when we get back."

They were led into the the slightly dark room by Daron. Two people stood in the center. More so, at the center of a sigil. It was the most complex Froyd had ever seen. So many overlaying patterns, that he immediately gave the hope of recognizing away. They'd walked steadily. The occupants then halted their conversation, and turned to them. The man wore a purple robe with gold floral patterns, and was immediately recognizeable, as a Grand Magus. The woman besides him, broke decorum- she did not wear a robe- but a suit. Both smiled as the group approached them.

"It's good to finally see you guys. Harrold Petterson, and she is a very special guest, Ms. Nadene, a Farseer. She's visiting us to do some repairs on Merry's ancient array. Now, I'd like to get the ball rolling. Please, Darold, guide everyone to a node on our sigil."

The lights were turned low, but Darold seemed familiar with the sigil. He guided them deftly even in near darkness. One by one, they were placed at odd angles, and distances, around the magic circle. Froyd being by the door that they'd came in through. The last person was guided, and Darold and the teachers left. A defeaning silence descended. A woman coughed, and broke it.

"Now, what I'm about to say is hard to understand, so please pay attention. Their will be no questions, afterwards. The repairs I made were in regards of the dimension function, or more coloquailly known, as the Perry Shifter segment of the array. I've made it's mana capacity more adequate. You guy's will be using this circle, to levy that added power to venture even deeper into a Deep Limbo Region. This island is subtly connected to another world. A world where the gods can take more tangible forms, to communicate with their chosen individual."

"At beginning of the exam you will be given a Maypole, a simple marker for teleportation. You stab it into the ground after eight hours of venture into the other world, to come back home. Failure to do so, will result in forced expulsion from the other world, by me or Mr. Petterson.  You will then be thoroughly questioned. And if need be punished, thoroughly, also Do I make myself clear?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0