Chapter 31: The Plan
1.1k 18 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone was shocked speechless at that moment. No one could react in time to that sudden attack and all of a sudden, just like that in a flash, the prince of Kylaf was dead.

Johan Olson was the first one to move after that. He raised his sword and cut off the head of one of the guards of Troy nearest to him. Robert Muller, marshal of the Gervaland kingdom was the next, as he too moved in a flash and killed two of the remaining five guards.

The three guards, before they could raise their voice to call for help, for Mikhail, were beheaded on the spot. It was chaotic at the place. Johan and Robert along with two warriors from their respective kingdoms made a round around the dead bodies of Troy and his guards. The warriors to the back couldn’t see and make out what had happened in that instant, as it took only a few moments from after Troy had tossed his magic tool to when the last guard was beheaded.

There was a commotion after a few minutes as the blood started to flow outwards from that little circle. However, before anyone could make out what it was about or what exactly had happened in there, the warriors were dispersed by the orders of Johan and Robert.

Ingrid was standing a few paces away from there, from Rose’s tent. There was a thin smile on her face. It, the smile, looked a little proud as if she was really enjoying herself. She took a long breath and started to walk away, walk towards Mikhail’s tent.

“Pardon my intrusion…” Ingrid entered while muttering that to herself.

Inside the tent Mikhail was lying on the floor, black blood dripping from his lips. He was shivering while trying to get up by holding on to the edge of the bed.

“Oh, Sir Mikhail, what happened here?” She asked in a concerned voice but, didn’t do anything to help the wheezing Mikhail.

“It’s you!” Mikhail said before he coughed a mouthful of pitch black blood.

“What are you saying, Sir Mikhail? I don’t understand…” Ingrid widened her eyes as if she was gravely offended by the implication in his words.

“You are the one who poisoned me! You won’t get away with this…”

“You have got it wrong, sir. And I’m offended by these severe accusations when clearly the truth is that a death squad from the Empire attacked us in the night and managed to poison your great self. How could I, a feeble and pious healer, ever have the guts and know how to poison someone as powerful as you?”

“You…!” Mikhail had a pained expression on his face. It appeared he was deeply impacted by the words of Ingrid. “How? When? Why?”

“The poison was of considerable might to go undetected and able to affect you. We were helpless to deal with it and couldn’t rescue you in time. The death squad was fierce and they committed suicide before we could deal with them to get out the information, they killed all members of your party and, especially Prince Troy, he was their main target from what little we could gather.” Ingrid’s voice was apologetic and sad.

“I see… it was a long time coming… how careless of me…” Mikhail said before being assaulted by another wheezing fit.

She walked closer to him and then muttered in a low voice, it was so low that even if someone else were to be inside the tent they wouldn’t be able to hear it. “We’re truly sorry to lose a warrior of your capacity. However, there have always been collateral damages amidst war. Don’t take it personally, it wasn’t your fault. Now for the prince…”

Mikhail slowly breathed his last as he listened to her. His body gradually went limp and the shivering finally ceased. It was the end of a famed awakened warrior.

Ingrid walked out of the tent and gazed up at the setting sun. It was a beautiful sight, however, her mind was not so calm. “I hope Suzanne is right about this…”

###

Author's Note: I will upload more parts if the reception is good. So please comment and like and put it in your list(s) if you want to read more.

Next update ~ October 20. Expect at least a dozen chapters.

Link to my site: https://bluedusk99.wordpress.com/

If you like my work, please support me at: https://ko-fi.com/markturner

12