Vol. 2 – Chapter 23 – The Saharan Successor Awakens
855 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 2 - Chapter 23 - The Saharan Successor Awakens


As Mathias was fighting the changes happening to him wondering between clarity and insanity, inside the office buildings of the S.A Group, the head of the Operation Teams, Yoon Nahee was doing her standard overseeing of the game, an alert was sent off my Morpheus, which stocked the woman when reading the contents of the message.

[Class X-04 has been acquired by a player]

[x:; 04ZX871S01 has been awakened ahead of time.]

“What?”

The woman still couldn’t believe what she was seeing on her screen, and quickly sounded the alarm, reaching toward Lim Cheolho and the Developer Team.

‘How can someone get something that is supposed to be for the late game? How?? This is unbelievable, more than that guy who got the attention of Baal.’ thought Yoon Nahee to herself, trying to make clarity from her chaotic thoughts.

Category x:; entities had a great influence on Satisfy’s worldview. Among the great demons, only ten were given the code ‘x:;’ and there were only ten NPCs entering this category. It was extremely unlikely that contact with players would occur before a certain time was reached.

While she contacted Lim Cheolho and the Developer Team, someone besides her, the leader of the third production team, Rahul, saw the warning messages on the monitor and shouted.

 “Convene an emergency meeting right now! It is the first bug in Satisfy’s history! We have to respond quickly!”

Chatter chatter! The production team was upset and hesitant about where to start fixing this but from the room.

From the woman’s phone, the voice of a man could be heard, saying in a calming voice.

“Calm down, Nahee, did Morpheus recommend the game being corrected?”

“No.”

“Then it isn't a bug.” remarked Cheolho from his phone line, before the people working in overseeing the game process saw the CEO and some developers enter the room, reaching straight for the leaders.

 

“Chelho-nim!”

“Okay, quiet down, this isn’t a failure of the game or Morpheus in this case. Nahee, bring me the files on the person in question and turn the omniscient view on his point.” 

The woman nodded her head, starting to type something on her keyboard before the view was turned to Mathias who was in a pathetic state, covered full of wounds of self-mutilation, while his screams of pain and agony made all the people in the room with except to the leaders feel some fear.

“What is this? Should a user feel such pain from the game?” asked a conductor, who gazed at the poor young man on the ground screaming in pain while using his bloody fingers to harm himself.

Chelho who watched this could only shake his head, before commenting, as if remarking for himself.

“That young man found Haycien too fast, the class itself should be supposed to be acquired after the Nevartan Episode. The body resistance of the players who would reach that episode is about level 200-400 would be higher compared to a level 20 or whatever that person is right now.”

Yoon Nahee kept quiet, while Rahul started asking Cheolho about why this wasn’t a bug for a player to acquire something that should be acquired after more years to come.

“Rahul, there’s advantages and disadvantages to everything. The faster one gets his class doesn’t mean it should be in the strongest form. There are different conditions from event to event, and in this case with Haycien awakening faster than expected, it means he is also in a weakened form.”

“An Emperor without an Empire to Rule is no Emperor.” commented another developer for the scared conductors who believed they saw the first bug on the game happen before their eyes.

“You guys also have to keep in mind that the story of the game is told by the Players and their actions. Morpheus will find a balance to everything so the game isn’t swung in the direction of one person.” added Chelho, before Nahee gave him the information about Mathias.

Reading his personal info, along with the video of how he dug the ring from underground, from using his hands, and later his weapon, to using his magic.

“Ohh, Nahee, can you give me more details about that magic?”

“Understood, sir.” 

After she started searching more for Mathias info, she gave Chelho another form of magic.

“So it is the Chaos one, don’t tell me he discovered that on his own way? That is more unexpected than what Agnus or Kraugel did to reinvent their journey. One is the Necromancer who raised the first undead without even acquiring the spells books and gaining the attention of Baal, while the other one from Morpheus' estimation should be the first person to take the torch of Muller.”

“Sir, how can a person use magic without even having a skill book acquired?”

“Practice and a lot of inspiration. Each of the concepts of the game is based upon something real, so if someone has prior experience, those movements will be turned into existing skills of the game. The best example is Kraugel who even if it might sound unfair for the Beta Players, has practiced so many times the skills he acquired inside that phase that it came naturally for him inside the Live Phase.”

“However, besides what Chelho noted, you need to understand the skill itself to get it back. Simply relying on the skill book and just blindly using the skill wouldn’t do, understood Rahul?”

“Understood.” 

“Okay, guys, I will return back to my office, and watch the events that will come.” said Cheolho before retreating with his developers, and as they were walking toward the office, the group started discussing.

“Cheolho, what do you think about this sudden surprise? Aren’t you the one who designed Haycien, Juander, and most of the Saharan Empire?”

“I am, but what about it?”

“Aren’t you sad that your soul work will vanish after Navertan attacks the Empire?” 

“If it happens, it happens. The structure of the world has been created in such a manner that there is a possibility for everything. Now that the Saharan Successor has been awakened, the rotten Saharan Empire filled with corruption from the top of the pyramid down the lower echelons would be put to test. Still, this young man has to walk carefully on his rope because each step he makes to get closer to the Saharan Imperial Family, will lead to more uncertainties.”

“Tsk, Cheolho, can’t you be normal for a second and agree that it will be over. How can that person fight against Nevartan? Even the Grandmaster and the Keen-Eye Mercedes will be sacrificed in the process, with Juander and most of the Saharan Empire being destroyed.”

“Sangmin, don’t try to rub salt on my wounds. We better watch how long this young man can take it before his mind shuts down from the pain.”

.

Reaching their office, and opened a large screen where Chelho typed something on a holographic keyboard, and soon enough the view of Mathias struggling with his changes was evident. 

“Morpheus, give me the health conditions of Player-0105.”

“Hmm, this guy is among the old ones who joined the game.” commented another developer when he heard Chelho say the code for Mathias’s account.”

[User-0105 is under strenuous tension in his brain but not reaching the critical state of shutting down yet.]

[User-0105 heart activity is in stable parameters.]

[User-0105 neuron signals without signs of anomalies.]

“Thank you Morpheus, that’s enough.” 

The developers watched Mathias’s struggle and felt weird about themselves observing someone suffer like how the young man in front of their screen was, as such, they kept on with their activities while on a smaller screen was Mathias and his struggle.

.

.

Meanwhile, inside Gravelmark close to the Ancient Tree, timed passed but the cries of pain kept on going, his muscles were spasming constantly, while his raven black hair, slowly turned into red, before it got crimson similar to the one inside the ring, who was just a weak old man, taking deep breaths as the change inside Mathias continued.

Hours after hours, Mathias who was full of wounds finally couldn’t keep on fighting the pain, and went in a blank state, without expressing his situation.

{It will be fine, young lad, I am still here to watch over you. You’ve suffered enough, and I acknowledge you as a rightful successor.} commented the old man inside the ring as it opened his crimson eyes that lost focus.

While Mathias brain shut down on him because of the pain tolerance that passed his barrier, he still wasn’t disconnected by the game, and after his body was laying inside the capsule for about four hours, as if he was sleeping there, step by step his mind got awakened from his sleep.

Gently waking himself up, instead of being inside his room, resting in the comfortable chair of the capsule, he was laying on the green grass where there were full marks of grips, and weeds took out from their roots, with dirt all over the place.

“Arghhh, my head hurts so much. What happened to me? I REMEMBER! DAMNED RING!”

Trying to channel his arcane energy just so he could blast his finger off, he could hear a weak voice belonging to an old person.

{No need to self-harm yourself anymore lad. Everything is over, I’ve passed the torch to you.}

“WHAT TORCH? WHO ARE YOU! I WANT ANSWERS NOT STORIES!”

{I am too weak right now, after I wake up I will tell you what you wish to know, at least what I remember from my slumber.}

“A NAME AT LEAST.”

{Sigh, what an impatient young man. My name is Haycien von Saharan, now leave me alone. I need to sleep so I can recover some of my energy.} replied the old man, laying on the floor of the inner dimension of the ring he was residing in, with blue mana that started to surround him and nurture his recovery.

‘Haycien von Saharan?’ thought Mathias when he heard that name, before he carefully observed his surroundings, where he noticed that his hair was no longer jet-black, his natural color, instead, it was of a crimson color.

“My hair, what happened to my hair? Also my skin, it turned slightly whiter and fairer.” inquired Mathias, confused about what happened to him, grabbing his long hair in his hands and checking his strands of hair that had a crimson color to them.

Still not coping with his changes, he ran toward the lake and noticed that he was more agile than normal, something confusing too, but immediately when he saw his reflection in the lake water, he got shocked. 

“Who is this guy in the reflection? I didn’t dye my hair or put on contact lenses.”

Brimming with confusion, with the headache still being prominent, he gazed at the notifications which flooded him once he opened the game setting.

“Whoa, so many, warning alerts. Don’t tell me I was about to get killed for real because of the pain I took?”

.

Turning around the notifications, he reached the most important part which made him turn dead serious.

[Congratulations! Your class has changed successfully to ‘Saharan Successor’]

[You have unlocked the following unique stats: Dignity, Indomitable, Regeneration, Insight, Charm] 

‘Is this some curse? A bug that I don’t know? How did I get such stats while most of my time I only knew about the primary ones.’ thought Mathias, while getting to another notification, who mentioned.

[Haycien’s Mastery skill tree has been created.]

[Red Energy has been created]

.

Moving past those notifications, mentioning his mental stress, and body strain, he at last viewed all the notifications, and with surprise on his face that had its sharp features enhanced, opened his status window along with the skill tree window.

.

[STATUS WINDOW]

Name : Mathias  /  Class : Saharan Successor

Level : 23 (21900/30150)  / Title : Farmer’s Son / Item Creator / Dominance over Hillbars /  Repeller of Evil

Health : 4141/4141  / Mana: 2184/2184

.

Strength : 260  / Stamina : 217 / Agility : 201 / Intelligence: 577 / Dexterity: 246 / 

Indomitable: 10 / Dignity: 10 / Regeneration: 50 / Insight: 10 / Charm: 50

STAT POINTS: 0

.

*Whistle* “Seeing this, even my headache will agree that it was worthed.” commented Mathias sarcastically after seeing his status window, before shifting his gaze on another big surprise the old ghost had left for him.

.

****************************

[Saharan Successor]

Rating: Epic(Growth) 

A person chosen by the first Emperor, Haycien von Saharan to lead the Empire carrying the torch alive, and keeping the dignity of the bloodline intact. 

*** You are the successor of Haycien Saharan ‘Will’. The Red Energy has been unlocked permanently.***

* Permanently increases the attack power and magic power, along with your mana and health by 5%.

* Integrates red energy and weapon mastery and permanently reduces the cooldown of all skills by 20%.

* Permanently increases all your combat stats regardless of those yet to be unlocked by 80 points.

* There will be more beneficial effects if your class grows in rating. To grow the class you will be required to clear certain challenges.

************************

.

*************************

[Red Energy]

Rating: Epic(Growth)

An innate force resource only available to the noble descendants of First Emperor Haycien von Saharan or his chosen successor.

A power that allows the user to penetrate into the matter and change the state of the matter:

✩ While using the red energy on your attacks you have a 2% chance of your attacks doing debuffs against your opponent (stun for 3 seconds, blind, fear, slow, Increase your Damage in 10-20% on the opponent for 25 seconds, Decrease target's Damage in like 10-20% for 25 seconds, amour reduction to a random number according to the rate of the ability)

The red energy according to the amount contained in the user has the following effect:

For every 10 points of your Red Energy not consumed, your Primary Stats: (Strength, Stamina, Agility, Intelligence) increased by 10% 

Red Energy: [10/60]

Unique Ability: [Item Enchant]  [Energy Manipulation]

.

[Item Enchant] -  You can enhance the performance of your weapons by using your red energy for 20 minutes. DAMAGE of weapon increased by 15%  Crit Hit chance +2%, Crit Hit DMG bonus + 20%

Skill Cost: 15 Red Energy

.

[Energy Manipulation] - You can freely manipulate your red energy to attack or assist yourself. There will be different results to the choices you take in using the red energy. Each minute of manipulation costs 5 Red Energy.

.

✰It takes 60 seconds for the user to recover 1 RE while in combat or outside of combat

*************************************

.

“This is how it feels to have a class? For me, it feels as if someone woke me from a coma and brought me gifts after gifts.”

Turning down his skill list tree, he was welcomed by the appearance of four skills along with Haycien’s Mastery skill, which were not something an Epic class should give.

.

********************

[Haycien’s Mastery - Lv.1]

Rating: Ancient

 *** The culmination of experience and mastery in Haycien’s entire life has been accumulated inside this art. The Red Emperor, a master of all weapons who crashed all the various races of the Middle Earth in his conquest for Power, has created techniques and attacks for each weapon, but because you, the Successor, are still young and inexperienced, he only bestowed upon you the ones he thought would suit you after watching your experiences.

Your Mastery in the art increases in level, the user will unlock more techniques belonging to the Red Emperor.

You can become one with your weapon at any time. Increases physical attacks by 20% and magical attacks by 5%, critical hit rate by 5%, critical hit power by 50%

* This effect can be applied to any weapon with a cutting edge while equipped

* The number of available skills. (4)

* Every time the skill level rises, you will be bound to receive new techniques.

********************

.

“I see, so whenever I level up this skill tree, more skills will appear for me. Interesting, truly interesting, it even makes me want to forget about the pain, but if more honey is given to me, I will not lash at the old man.”

Finishing inspecting his skill, he got down the skills offered by the mastery and was dumbfounded by their complexity and what percentages of damage they would deal after executing them. His face soured a bit, remarking one problem he might encounter.

“Aren’t those techniques too complicated for me to learn, look at those instructions, not even Corvus was so crazy to make such techniques, or he is but didn’t show me the complicated techniques?”

.

.

[Eclipsing Rose – Lv. 1]

Rating: Secret

A movement that Haycien created in his younger days while trying to imitate the grand atmosphere of an eclipsing sun and also the sharpness of the Rose thorns.

 

Deals 550% of your physical attack power to a single target. Once hit, the target will be given the 'Bleeding' and 'Despair' effects and the 'Disarm' effect will be temporarily applied.

* Disarm effect corresponds to the area that is hit.

* The bleeding and despair effects won't apply to targets that can resist abnormal statuses.

Skill Usage Conditions: Have a weapon with a sharp edge equipped. 

Skill Mana Cost: 650 MP

Red Energy Consumption: 10 RE

Skill Stamina Consumption: Consumes 10 STA energy

Skill cooldown time: 5 minutes.

.

.

[Waning Moon – Lv.1]

Rating: Secret

An attack that follows the movement of swaying back and thrusting, dealing three piercing attacks in the front line before doing a spin attack and continuing the assault or disengaging from the fight.

Deals 175%  physical attack power to the enemy in the path of the weapon blade. Each of the piercing attacks has a 5% chance of causing the bleed debuff and armour debuff to the enemy wounded successfully. 

After the end of the piercing attacks, the user gains a 50% boost in attack speed for a duration of 60 seconds, and the spinning attack of the spear moon deals 350% physical attack power in an AOE attack.

 

* This skill isn't affected by attack speed debuffs.

* The debuffs are weakened if the target affected is resistant to abnormal statuses.

Mana Consumption: 500

Red Energy Consumption: 6 RE

Skill cooldown time: 1 minutes.

.

.

[Soul Spear – Destruction - Lv.1]

Rating: Secret

Just like the formless essence that is the soul, this skill tries to emulate the intangible feeling and the unseen form of souls. Only after the movement of the soul and achieving the absolute countering will the destruction come about.

During the casting, it will return all attacks with 100% of the power. Targets hit by the counterattack will expose their weak points and take more damage the next time they are hit. There is also a 10% chance of debuffs being afflicted to the target countered.

* Lasts for three seconds and can be deactivated to use other skills during this time.

Mana Consumption: 650 MP

Red Energy Cost: 8 RE

Skill Cooldown Time: 2 minutes

.

[Ghost Spear – Mars – Lv. 1]

Rating: Secret

Swings the weapon wide to attack the enemies nearby and force them backwards. An ability that tries to simulate the dignity of Mars, the God of War in the ancient empire of the first world.

Pulls all enemies in a radius of 10 meters to your side, dealing 225% physical attack power and slowing down all speeds by 25%. It also has a high probability of causing them to ‘lose balance. And other abnormal statuses belonging to the Red Energy’

 

* A target that resists abnormal statuses will only have a 30% reduction in movement speed.

* If a target blocks it, the ‘violent shockwave’ effect will occur, and the defense effect is ignored.

* There is a high probability that when causing the enemy backwards for them to receive bonus damage if landing on their back. 

Mana Consumption: 500 MP

Red Energy Cost: 8 RE

Skill cooldown time: 2 minutes.

.

.

“This will be hard for me, especially managing the Red Energy. Just using those four skills I go half on that resource and all my mana. However, this will be a revamp to my old skills, since my arsenal is kind of limited when it comes to melee attacks.”

Pondering on his new changes, he felt his body slowly being empowered each minute he was standing doing nothing but checking his status and new skills, with a layer of red aura emitted by his body which looked calm at first glance. 

“This feeling, I can sense this warmth from my heart. Could it be that my heart is the one generating this energy? Let me see if I can work and mold this energy into something.”

Closing his crimson eyes while taking a deep breath, he extended his hand toward the lake, where he started guiding the red energy like how he would do the Arcane Energy, it didn’t take long for him to understand that the concept was closely related to the Arcane, and while his mind was soothed by the pain he suffered by this warm wave of energy, his palm started forming a little hummingbird.

Feeling himself calmer when sensing the little creature in his hand being formed, he woke from his stupor and watched the hummingbird in his palm, as if it was a small Phoenix bird.

[You have successfully used ‘Energy Manipulation’ consuming 5 Red Energy.]

Giving a small smile, he had the bird slowly open its wings following his mind commands, which made him talk to himself, commenting on his observations.

"This feeling really makes me a psychic from those fantasy stories. It isn't really that bad, since I have some training controlling the arcane, this red energy will just come in handy."

"Now, let me see how far you can go, little bird."

Ending that, he controlled the bird using his mind to fly in the air, and move around circles where he noted his range of control was 1000 meters, but before the cooldown of his skill was over, he wanted to see how far he could push his limits.

"I lost the mental link to it." remarked Mathias after the hummingbird that still had 30 seconds of playtime with Mathias went in the distance of the forest.

"Hah, the most I can go before losing control is 1200 meters. Plenty."

Giving another try, in just five minutes he consumed his entire Red Energy, where he returned back to his normal state, he tried to use the Red Energy to attack and found surprising results, having an attack hit 80% of his attack power or magic power, while the method of using the Red Energy for defensive porpoises was an eye-opening for him.

He could buff his armor, and improve the defense by 10-20% for five minutes, he could also concentrate the energy to form constructs just like with the arcane.

As he played around at the lakeshore his left hand started giving off dark-purple lights while his right hand was giving off a crimson light, time passed, and even his headache was eliminated but kept persisting because of his failed ideas.

"I should clean up the mess at the tree before leaving. I need to refill my resources to take on Iljnoks and take Dahlia's Tears from the Kobold Elder."

The now, crimson-haired young man, moved toward the Ancient Tree, where he began to push back the ground he dug to get the ring, which was in itself some patience training for Mathias. 

Only after he was done, and checked to see if the tree was alright after the ring removal, he followed moving down the Gravelmark Mountain, with the intent of finding the mutated bear who was a challenge for him to face in the Beta Phase and put an end to him early on.

 

37