Vol. 2 – Chapter 37 – A New Party in the Making
744 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 2 - Chapter 37 - A New Party in the Making


While Mathias was talking with Vivian and was exiting the cavern, Paula took it on herself to whisper Red, who was lazing around in the grand square of Dewars City along with his two new buddies, Evan and Lane. They were recuperating from a successful hunt they did not too long ago, now waiting for their stamina to recover and figuring out how to split the loot they gained from their adventure.

Red was a tall mid-twenties guy with short hair styled quite decently. His black eyes were also sharp, making his overall appearance that of a charismatic adventurer. His gear was composed of leather armor from toes to bottom, while the weapon that was strapped on his waist was a slim longsword.

"Man, it is so annoying having to wait for the stamina to recover. Hey, Red, are you listening? What are you daydreaming about?" asked another guy, with a curious expression on his face.

This was Evan, who stood next to Red on the fountain brick foundation, was a young man in his early twenties, with shoulder-length brown hair that was styled loose and disheveled with some side hair being tied low behind his neck. He had a weird weapon in his hand that looked like an old type gun which he was spinning on his fingers while looking at the people passing by. The armor he was wearing was closely similar to what Red had.

"Just leave him be, he is probably flustered by the fact the guild leader keeps on overpassing him while he tries so hard to reach Top 1." commented another young man, similar age with the other two, while he was polishing his sword with a river stone.

"The Uncrowned Champion? He probably has challenged an S graded dungeon or something otherwise, I can't explain how he jumped 8 levels from where he was stagnating with his crazy journey in the mountains." remarked Evan, telling Lane someone who had light brown skin with dark hair and eyes, wearing armor similar to the other, having himself some troubles with Mathias's level jumps.

"I mean, it is weird that he doesn't level constantly and doesn't even release his name for the ranking ledger. Still, it should be none of our business what he does with his freedoms."

"Red, what are you doing man?" continued Lane asking the one standing at the center, seeming to be pondering on something.

In the meantime, the two were asking him about him, Red was having a good time in the private chat, talking with a certain someone, called Paula.

@Red: You are with Mathias right now? Can you tell me how strong he has gotten since I last saw him?

@Paula: He managed to fight those strong bosses on his own without being pressured. Those were bosses with levels of 45. But you didn't respond to my question, what class do you have that you level up so fast?

@Red: Hmmm, what should I do? What if you are an enemy who wants to use my weakness to beat me in a PvP?

@Paula: Then, no need. I will find it on my own with time.

@Red: Hey, hey, I was kidding. Don't turn off the chat since I am bothered waiting for my Stamina to recover. How could I turn off my only fan?

@Paula: I am not your fan. I was just curious since you were constantly in the top 5.

@Red: That's hard work, like how athletes want to say it, 1% talent, 99% hard work. I am just a swordsman. That's my class, Swordsman.

@Paula: I see, I thought you had something rarer, but if I am not wrong, [Swordsman] should be a standard class, right?

@Red: Unfortunately for me, yes.

.

Red filled his time talking with Paula in such a way, which made him ignore the two guys beside him who stopped bothering themselves with Red. Instead, they started watching the people in the street and talking with one another.

"Evan, should we really move to Titan?"

"I mean, I bet if we go to Titan, it will be easier to get quests and start leveling at a high rate. We will also be able to meet the guild leader. What's more, I want to duel him, I am curious to see if this class I gained after stumbling on that old pistol is going to beat the guild leader."

"Hah, lucky bastard. [Gunslinger] is an Epic class. You can smoke him and blast his brains out with only some rounds." remarked Lane, seeing a fight between Evan and Mathias as an easy win for the Gunslinger, who gained a powerful Epic class.

"No man, you are wrong, I am limited by my ammo. This is the biggest weakness of my class, I need ammo! Otherwise, I am a sitting duck who can't do shit in a fight. All my mobility and power will be nonexistent if my ammo isn't there." responded Evan in an exasperated tone, feeling annoyed by the unnecessary comments of his teammate.

"Can't you build them yourself?" asked Lane, not seeing any weakness in Evan's [Gunslinger] Class.

"I can't since I am not an Alchemist to have the gunpowder formula. Or either a blacksmith to make my bullets shell. However, thank God my class gives me 50 bullets each day. Otherwise, I would be left without a way to play the game."

"Not so much. You still have to try to make those bullets on your way."

"Don't think I will not, is just that, I don't have the resources to hire alchemists to make the gunpowder and a blacksmith to work on creating bullet shells for me. It would be easy just researching outside how bullets are made, and I can guide them."

As they talked around with each other, with Red being mostly nonresponding, a group of 6 players started walking toward them in a menacing manner, filled with aggression which made Evan and Lane turn their attention to them.

"Aren't those the idiots we fucked in the Blackpine Forest?"

"Get ready. They probably got petty and want revenge for what we did to them one week ago." commented Evan who stopped from fiddling with his revolver while, Lane also stopped his polishing movement, getting himself ready for the confrontation.

The one who walked toward the group of three, was a user called [Fuseblade] a level 26 user, while the group he brought were 23-25, it was unknown to the two from what region this person was, so they didn't bother, one fact was understood, he wasn't a Chinese or Asian in general.

"I finally found you bunch of cheating dogs. Do you think you will escape with what you've done to me and my boys in the hunting ground? I've given my word that I will destroy you three, and this sweet moment finally arrived."

Evan, who remained sitting on the fountain support, seemed to be interested in what Fuseblade had to say, so he didn't act or comment back.

The guards of Dewars city turned their eyes on the group of players who seemed to be about to fight it off in the city, an act they banned since things escalated a lot between the guild PVPs. With more and more joining in the Chaotic escalations.

Yet, as that chaos was slowly brewing, Red was having a nice conversation with Paula, even asking her if she wanted to team up in the future.

@Red: Paula, why don't you bring your friend along and team up with me, we will make the perfect combo, along with my other two friends, who by no means are slackers. You bring the most needed support to any team since it is rare nowadays to see someone focusing on a support class since everyone wants to be a "Hero".

@Paula: I will think about it, but right now, I am still teamed with Mathias, and we are going to Titan while you are in Dewars. Slight complications right there.

@Red: Don't worry, I will take care of it, and come to Titan too, and afterward, can we play together?

@Paula: … Maybe.

Fuseblade seeing Red not switching any gesture after his group was approaching Red and the other two, shouted to the young man relaxing, chatting with a girl, he tried to pick up.

"Has that dog turned braindead to not respond to me?"

.

@Red: I have some problems I have to resolve. Someone came to get taught again how to speak. Are you up for some chatting afterward? After one hour, maybe?

@Paula: No problem, I've added you to my friend list.

[User 'Paula' has sent you a friend request. Will you accept it?]

'NICE! Morpheus, are you even asking? From that sweet and gentle voice, she must be a cute babe. Ahh, can't wait to meet her face to face.'

[You have accepted the request.]

@Red: My pleasure. Now bye, take care of yourself in the meantime.

@Paula: Take care.

.

Evan and Lane glanced at Fuseblade and later at Red who still had a smile on his face from his talk with Paula before his attention was shattered from the talk with his possible future partner. Frowning, he turned his attention on Fuseblade, the guild leader of [Blackdawn], and to dismiss his slight anger, he asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Ohh, you've come for another lesson? So you know the Duke banned all flights between players inside the city. I am curious what will you do now? Fight us?"

"Hmph, I know about that you fucker, instead I am here to challenge your shitty guild for a Guild War. I am placing on the fight 10.000 Guild Reputation Points. Are you going to accept it, you bastard?"

"Only this much? What else?" inquired Red, with a wicked smile on his face, making Evan and Lane also smile cheekily at the group of 6 players.

"Bastard! Fight me already!"

"Nah, I don't feel like fighting anyone. But if you bring to the table more rewards to entice us, I will consider."

"Fine, plus 300 Gold coins." said Fuseblade, gritting his teeth.

Red, before agreeing with the challenge, waved his hand at one of the city guards, who saw the outlander call for him, so out of duty, he went to check on them.

"Sir Guard, we want to stage a fight on the square, under your supervision. Are we allowed?"

"Is that an Adventurer Guild War?" asked the guard, trying to figure out what Red meant by staging a fight.

"Ahhh, yes, yes, that's the type of fight we will do." replied quickly Red, before the guard nodded his head, turning toward Fuseblade asking him for the items he is willing to place for the challenge.

He only took the money bag, because the reputation will be transferred to the opposite party if they win.

"All is good with me. 5% will be taken as me overwatching this fight."

Fuseblade gritted his teeth, but didn't comment on what antics the NPC had in his store, sending the challenge to Red.

[Guild leader of <Blackdawn> is challenging your guild to a war. You hold a leadership role in <Leviathan> guild and can decide if you would accept the challenge]

"3vs6?" asked Red with a broad smile stretching his body slightly.

"Obviously. Why? Didn't you say numerical advantage means nothing to you?"

"Indeed, it means nothing, especially when fighting against noobs." replied Red, who sent a message to Mathias.

@Red: Boss, you will gain some notifications, don't get confused. I am starting a Guild War with some scrubs.

@Mathias: Don't die.

Hearing Mathias's response made Red chuckle before sending a message to Evan and Lane, giving them the instructions and later accepting the challenge, starting a countdown of 5 seconds before the fight would commence.

"Hahaha, guild leader, those bastards accepted the challenge. They are dead meat, don't worry." said one of the guys behind Fuseblade, who drew his sword, readying for the fight.

On the other hand, Red opened his status window for a brief moment to ensure his secret power was activated before focusing on the actual fight.

.

[Status Window]

Name: Red / Class: Swordsman

Level: 29 / Title: Knight Slayer / Mark of the Wild / Taste for Blood

Health: 3075/3075 / Mana: 550/550

.

Strength: 250 -> 375 (GOLDEN RATIO) / Stamina: 150

Agility: 250 -> 375 (GOLDEN RATIO) / Intelligence: 120

** Stats with the golden ratio will be increased by 1.5 times

.

'My little secret, I will make sure this golden ratio will not escape my lips. Hmm, maybe I will tell Mathias since he seems like a chill dude who wants to help us with what he can. I should train my sword skills a bit with those guys before I move out from this place, too many eyes will make this troublesome.'

35