Vol. 2 – Chapter 48 – Displaying Qualities of a Wife
797 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 2 – Chapter 48 – Displaying Qualities of a Wife


Taking his time to calm Jeanne down, explaining in simple words what Haycien told him about Rebecca, she instantly reacted, telling Mathias that in fact, Julius taught the core priests a technique to build divine power in a specific way.

As she explained that technique, inside the inner space of the ring the white-haired Haycien jumped up from his lazy position, and shock could be spelled on his face.

<That person managed to find a way to take divine power from the Gods without them even giving away! HOW? This isn't like the Gods of the Eastern Continent that Zik told me who have been built from the faith of the people. They are stealing from the Gods, slow amounts that she couldn't even notice, but he probably intents to build his Transcendence on that, or even reaching Divinity.>

<Hahaha, in what Era have I been woken up? My successor is also someone holding great potential, maybe just maybe, all my dreams would be completed by him?>

The old man remained silent, thus not making a big deal from what Jeanne was telling Mathias, in doing so not creating more trouble for Mathias into digging too much on certain things that should remain untouched.

Afterwards, Jeanne moved on to tell Mathias about casual things which made their conversation more enjoyable rather than being placed to talk about heavy subjects.

"You've said you love my clothes, but can you guess who made them?"

Chuckling while moving his hands on her golden hair, he smiled and responded with an obvious to him.

"I only know one tailor that you are confident enough to open up, and that is Master Tailor Fayrene Arundell."

"... Was it really that obvious?"

"Haha, you two are my sweethearts, knowing from Fayrene that you two reconnected together, and discussed many things, it would be a simple connection. She also taught you to walk on the heels, right?"

"Yes and no, since I remembered how you taught me to walk on heels, Fayrene only give me some support since my body had to remember the balance. But enough about my inability to walk on heels, what about you? You still haven't responded to me, what with the dyed hair and eyes."

"I've been cursed." responded Mathias in a simple, yet chilling way that made Fayrene almost jump away from him and perform some exorcism.

"Cursed, like me?"

{Come on girl, don't listen to this foolish brat, I've blessed him. Old Haycien doesn't curse people like witches.}

Ignoring Haycien to the best of his abilities as he went into ranting mode, but some of his comments still made him laugh, making Jeanne confused.

"I have an old ghost inside of my head that constantly talks, he says he didn't curse me but instead blessed me. Hah, but if you ask me dear, I can tell you my opinion on what happened to me. Would you believe me if I tell you, I am now a Saharan?"

Hearing his questions, Jeanne raised her eyebrow taking Mathias face in her hands, studying him attentively, making Mathias smile by how comical her serious side turned out to be in those moments. However, he didn't say a thing, keeping quiet as Jeanne studied him closely.

"Ruby Eyes as the members of the Imperial House. Go on, tell me more, who is the ghost that cursed you?"

Gazing into Jeanne's hazel eyes he was pressed by the couch, making him reminiscent about how Fayrene would be able to hold him down, and without a way to escape, not he wanted to escape he told her about how he stumbled upon the crimson ring on his finger and moving past the pain details, only telling her "It hurt a lot" before reaching the final part where he woke himself having this new hair and eyes, with even his skin tone turning paler.

"That old ghost is Haycien von Saharan. Does this name ring a bell?"

"It is familiar, let me think about it first. Don't tell me the answer yet."

Jeanne placed a pondering expression, and she stood like there holding Mathias cheeks in her hands, before not long her expression shifted into "I got it" as if she found her answers before she turned to shock, and asks once again Mathias to make sure.

"Are you really referring to who I am thinking? That mythical figure?"

{Lad, I like your ladies. They are smart and also beauties.} told Haycien to Mathias in a pleased tone, while the latter could only nod along with the hands that were holding his face.

"That's who I got in my head. An annoying old ghost."

"Unbelievable. Does this mean, you really are a Saharan now?"

"Just in abilities, my guess is that if I would go show my face to some nobles or the Emperor, they would have me executed as some sham."

Jeanne shook her head and started telling Mathias what she remembered reading about the First Emperor. She told Mathias that his name was carved in stone on the mausoleum down the Cathedral of Light, and also carved in the annals of history.

Jeanne was still as interested in intricate information as he was, telling about some of Haycien's noteworthy achievements that survived the passage of time, which made the old man remark whenever she would tell his achievements.

{Most of those achievements seem a bit inflated, but there's truth to them. By now, the history seems to be distorted and transformed into Myths and Legends. This is something I can't change, and I have to live with the people having a certain perception of me.} remarked the old man after clearing his throat in a funny way.

.

"Ahhh, but Mat, if I think about it more carefully, you really are in trouble. There are already 4 princes, and Empress Marie will for sure want you dead if you appear out of nowhere and challenge the claims of the other princes. But, you aren't stupid to do that, so how will you be able to deal with this problem of being associated with the Imperial House?"

Getting this question, Mathias looked at Jeanne and started entertaining this thought of what his plan would be, since he too didn't think much about it, being only focused on reaching home and reuniting with Fayrene and Jeanne.

"You didn't think about it?" asked Jeanne when noticing Mathias expression that told he didn't plan a single thing.

"I have some ideas, but I still haven't planned that deep since I just wanted to see you girls being safe. Now that I have that spare time, I will plan out something since besides getting myself with this curse, I am also required to solve some problems left behind by the old man."

"Still, to complete what you remarked about Haycien, it's as you said, he agrees with most of it."

.

.

Time passes with the couple standing together like this on the couch until their body turns stiff from lazing around in a cuddling position. Using this chance Jeanne ran off to her room to change her clothes into some comfortable clothes as if she was a simple girl from his time.

"What are you staring at?"

"If I can't even admire my lady, then who will? Some drunkard on the streets?" joked Mathias as he walked toward Jeanne, kissing her forehead, which was spotlighted by a clean hairstyle, where she tied her long hair into a ponytail, before stealing another kiss on her lips.

"Cut it off, do you want to see my lips getting bigger?"

"I wouldn't mind that, they will turn out more delicious." smiled Mathias teasing her, before Jeanne took him by his arm, and walked him to her kitchen which was double the size of Fayrene's with more equipment and furniture.

"I will show you something more delicious."

"There might be something sweeter than your lips."

Jeanne looked at Mathias and started laughing, looking at him as if she knew what he referred to, but brushed it off with a giggle, and also a remark.

"Sometimes it is better not to tease so much, because you will be taken by a storm when that teasing is backfiring. I am serious, I want to cook something together with you, since I've trained for that too in the time I spent at home. Changing your occupation from being always stuck in a large amount of paper and having to do reports about what changed to some freedom, can disrupt your daily schedule."

Mathias shifted his cheeky persona and asked her about the players who have joined Rebecca Church and the other progressions that they made since she recovered her memories.

"Well, nothing changed with except to the number of outlanders that stormed Titan, and created at first chaos since we didn't know what to expect. But slowly with the Black Knights and Red Knights tasked to keep the order of the city, the situation turned to normal, and now we are right now, without any particular events, except for your return." explained Jeanne with her angelic voice, while placing a gentle smile.

Entering the kitchen, Jeanne pulled up her blouse sleeves revealing her delicate, milky skin, and walking toward the closet she returned with some vegetables in her arms, and slowly in a harmonious way, she started giving Mathias orders to how he could help her.

"Darling, can you wash the vegetables as I prepare the knife and the other ingredients?"

"Definitely"

As such the lovers began cooking something traditional for the Saharan Empire, that gave the impression to Mathias he was cooking a "Hunter's Stew" when Jeanne in a clumsy way, explained to him she never cut meat before and had no idea how to clean the game meat.

"Don't laugh! I never used that type of meat before."

Not minding this, he stopped from preparing the vegetables, and taking her back, and holding her hands he began teaching her how to clean the meat, and efficiently section the cuts, so they could use the remaining meat for another time. She could see her hands holding the knife glide on the meat and feel for the first time how one could butcher meat.

It was an experience that will remain with her, since in the past she never cooked for Mathias, instead of being the other way around. Thus since recovering her memories of their relation, reliving them, she decided to make some changes that could surprise Mathias.

After finishing preparing the ingredients, Jeanne stopped Mathias from helping her, starting cooking the ingredients herself for the final product, settling the latter on a seat beside a table, where she took out a bottle of wine.

"This is a wine from my brother Gabrils. Hah, it was so complicated to tell him for what use I needed the wine since he doesn't remember you at all. Not even father remembers you, so it will be complicated to explain to both of them our relationship."

"Sigh, brother Gabrils even old Julius, they didn't escape that harsh moment. But it will be fine, both are good men and will not stand in our way. Aren't you an independent lady now? This image of you is perfect, as you are cooking and standing beside the pot."

"They will be fine, I am not worrying about that. Father will be a bit delicate to deal with, but if Gabrils reunites with you, even if he doesn't remember, I am sure you two will get along fast. Right, now I remembered something, you told me that women in your home don't really know how to cook?"

"Indeed, what about it, dear?"

"I also didn't know how to cook not to long ago." said Jeanne while pouting a little bit gazing at Mathias who was drinking slowly the wine in his glass.

Swirling the wine in the glass, before taking a sip, he later laughed a bit, telling Jeanne.

"Those girls besides not knowing how to cook, they also don't want to learn and are spoiled that is infuriating. Anyway, why do you compare yourself with them? You are way better than those spoiled girls who desire everything in the world without any realistic concept to those desires and claims."

"Way better?"

"Yes, I like all your new "girlish" aspects and I know you've put in a lot of work just for me. To tell you something, besides fancying an elegant lady, I like toms too. I feel you are really cute trying to impress me with cooking, and it makes me proud to know you remember my preferences."

She didn't show her face to Mathias, but slight embarrassment was rising up, and they remained quiet, before Mathias had to break the silence, and resume his discussion with her and catch up with the events in Titan.

By the time the stew finishes cooking, Mathias was expecting a lot from Jeanne since he saw some spices that smelled appetizing, and with some final touches of dazzling parsley on the stew, Mathias was greeted by a plate containing the stew steaming hot.

Jeanne walked closer to him standing up, it was a funny situation for Mathias who remembered the old cooking shows where the judges would put on thought expressions just so they could put some emotion in the participants.

Blowing on his spoon, glazing at the food, and later at Jeanne who felt the pressure of his look as he got all of a sudden quiet, beginning to rub her fingers behind the back in nervousness.

'Go on try it. This is father's recipe. It can't fail. He even made fun of me when I asked him to teach me how to make the stew.'

'What now? Don't tell me you don't like it.' thought Jeanne who saw Mathias put the spoon in his mouth and changed his expression to a serious one.

On another hand, Mathias was pleasantly surprised to taste the hunter's stew that felt similar to a paprikash, but he choose to hide it so he could boil Jeanne a bit more. Taking another spoon, he looked at Jeanne with his ruby eyes, that it even made Haycien get annoyed by his silent treatment.

"How is it?" asked Jeanne gazing back at Mathias who put her little heart to test.

"Delicious." exclaimed Mathias, giving her a wide smile, as he wiped the spicy from his lips.

"Come here and try it, and see for yourself."

Taking another spoon from the stew, he gave Jeanne a try, who was hit by the spicy from the stew which at first didn't do much damage, but soon her milky-white face turned rosy from the spicy stew.

"Too hot. Whoa, I dropped too much spice." said Jeanne while blowing her mouth and waving her hands, even going as far to jump, so that sensation would go away.

*HAHAHA* "Poor one, you aren't strong yet."

Jeanne showed off her culinary skills, and also appealing her wife's qualities but the cooking, even if it was delicious, backfired on her hard, making her run off to drink some water.

After the meal, with Mathias preparing her some rice that could go with the stew and also taking away a bit of the spicy flavor, went on spending time with Jeanne until night came about with the two spending their time in a productive way, and not being to clichy with one another when not needed.

Preparing to leave Jeanne, the Priestess guided Mathias to the gate of her mansion, holding his hand, looking a bit dejected for some reason.

Glazing at her, he didn't know the exact answer, but he got a signal that remained from the last close time he had with her before separating, and to clear out her dejection, he told her calmly.

" I know you are not ready, so don't force yourself to do something that you might not like. I will not force you."

Jeanne heard Mathias, but shaking her head, he told him in a mosquito voice. " That's the only thing I have to do, but it's like I am haunted by my fears and can't proceed. What if I will not recognize myself after doing it?

Taking her in his embrace, he pacified her, telling that he wasn't someone to be solely focused on the bodies of girls, and reminded her that there are plenty of girls who have the same fear as her in the world, with except to an almighty being watching her.

"You imp, I bet you are after our bodies."

"Blah, a little bit. But that's only with my sweethearts." remarked Mathias chuckling a bit, before planting a kiss on Jeanne's tender lips.

"Why have you done this? Do you wish I don't sleep at all tonight?"

"This is just a small impulse, so all your courage will take over you, and you will be mine later on. How long will you be able to resist? Hehe, I can't wait to see you. Jokes aside, darling, I will pick you up tomorrow since I have some gifts for both you and Fayrene. How will it be okay, at home or at work?"

"It will be troublesome at work since there's lots of eyes, home I feel it will be better, I also have time to change clothes."

Nodding, giving her another kiss, this time on the forehead, he bid farewell and left her with her curiosity up, without opening about what his gifts might be, spreading out an intrigue veil.

"Good night, love. Don't think too much about what we talked with, since those things can only be worked out slowly and with patience."

"Understood, darling."

.

Separating from his second muse, he went on the same path home while thinking about his future plans for the game since he managed to leap certain steps from his plan with the girls remembering him.

'I should go forward with that wish. Acquiring Gravelmark Mountain on my name, thus having the rights of controlling the salt lake and the surrounding resources. The best path for a commoner like me to reach nobility is to enroll as a knight, from Black Knight to Red Knight.'

{Lad, don't forget you have me. I've selected all my knights with these very eyes, so I know how to work you in order to reach the requirements of a knight.}

'Thanks for the moral support, old man, but I think I will be fine on my own.'

{Don't be stubborn, lad. I might not be able to show you direct examples, but I doubt you are stupid not to understand my explanations.}

'Old man, I can only use 4 techniques from that technique of yours.'

{That's something else, lad. What I will teach you is how to use Red Energy and also how to fight using your body straight as a weapon.}

'Like some Murim style martial arts?' thought Mathias as he walked down the principal alleys that still had people walking around as if it was morning, a city where lights never settled.

{What Murim child? Is that something from your world? Regardless, you will understand once you see my Body Art.}

He could only accept silently the help, and as he returned to the Wallmort District, he went to check on the Tavern and pick up Vek from the Drunk Adventurers, before he could even get to the tavern, the sound of people laughing coming from the courtyard was heard by him.

"Go on little one, what will you do now? Didn't you say you want to become an adventurer with that meager strength you will just be some C-graded Adventurer. You will not get any contracts at all with that low grading."

"You guys are too strong!"

"Then grow strong on par with us, little kobold. Hah, that master of yours didn't pay us to teach you these fundamentals."

Walking slowly toward the courtyard while wearing his silver mask with his long hair flowing down, forgetting to tie it down, the drunkards stopped from beating Vek with their sticks and turned toward him.

"Young man, do you want to tests your skills against this drunkman?" asked Achelm Katein reeking of alcohol from a distance.

"No need, I believe you warmed up quite well teaching my little friend here a worth lesson, maybe worth more than what I gave you." mentioned Mathias, taking another 10 gold coins that he threw casually toward Achelm, where the drunkard grabbed each individual gold coin even the ones thrown to test his agility.

"Kekeke, at least you understand. Let's go back boys, we got more funds for booze."

 

[A/N: Big question. How good are you at dealing with spicy foods?]

32