Chapter 179 – Vol .3 – Chapter 44
291 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 179 - Vol .3 - Chapter 44

***

The more the newly formed party advanced in the cave system, they started encountering a larger number of goblins putting a fight against the humans, in defending the reclaimed tunnels, yet all their efforts amounted to nothing against Mathias and his new team who cut into their defenses like a hot knife into cheese.

His strategy of playing support and DPS'er when the situation called was exemplary, showcasing some of his Arcane Spells by playing support, only firing some of the basic spells like <Arcane Missile> or <Arcane Barrage> on the goblins who were mostly bare-skinned.

While he would switch to his melee gameplay when encountering the Goblin Champions which raised the difficulty level for Sera, Bernard, and Eric who weren't still up there to defeat the goblin on their own, and this is why Mathias suggested them such a strategy.

He would allow them the freedom to play however they wanted, for now, but when a serious situation would appear, the conductor would change the notes of the symphony.

As they progressed, gaining EXP and various goods from the Goblins, Sera and her party members reached a silent conclusion in their separate chat with regard to their new party leader.

@Bernard: Can we say, this mysterious guy is among the top players? I don't even feel bad saying this when I look at his spear skills and magic spells. His control is shocking, akin to that guy Kraugel who was filmed hunting that level 105 Hunting Ground.

@Eric: No doubt, we have one of those pro gamers. You might not know much about magic in Satisfy, but it's actually exhausting and annoying at the same time because you have to chant the incantation and also focus on your target.

@Eric: Yet, this guy when he casts his spells, just extends his hand, seems to channel his mana into his arms, and casts the spell using a Spell Circle.

@Bernard: Nah, you talk over complicated stuff with me, as if I would bother to understand how the magic system works for you, casters. What I am impressed with the most is his ability to get to those monsters' weak spots right when they show up.

@Sera: Guys, can you stop bickering and instead, focus? Let's not give the impression we are carried by this person, even though … we are carried.

@Bernard: Hard.

Nevertheless, without Mathias knowing what his new teammates were talking about behind his back, he continued onward slaying goblin after goblin while their levels grew along with their descent, making this Dungeon into an established Level 100+ Hunting Ground.

Their speed also dropped as a consequence because of the Victorian Set that Mathias was proudly wearing, pieces of clothing that he crafted with his mother-in-law, that even held sentimental value for him. Still, he started noticing the limits on his attack power and gear which was based on usage until level 100.

There was a slowing in the killing rate of the players, but the reliance on their carry still continued, while slow, making Mathias in those moments akin to the rest of High Rankers who managed to get their hands on High-Grade Gear.

'Friend, you seem to struggle around those vermins, but don't worry, you'll soon get to the Rare Rating and we'll pick from there on what we struggled here.' thought Mathias who required extra time in killing the high-leveled goblins.

If Mathias would compare his attack power with Red or other High-Rankers, he would discover his attack power based on the weapon output was lower, being outdone in defensive stats or attack power stats.

'No worries, you'll come along with me for my entire journey, standing beside me at my Coronation.'

The lower stats on Ragnius weren't even a worry to Mathias whatsoever since he started having this type of blind-fate in Ragnius, his partner that shouldn't even be with him, yet here it was, serving as his Main Weapons, and for that, he made sure to take care of the spear and groom it properly.

{It will be there with you, lad. Haven't I told you already, that this spear of yours has been crafted by someone who had divine hands? Such a spear … should be a Divine Weapon from the past eons … for certain.}

Haycien's comments about his spear were enough to amplify this fate in his weapon and create a bond stronger than most people would have with their weapons.

'Even if Ragnius isn't a Divine Weapon, and can only grow to a Rare, Epic, Unique, or Legendary state, I will still use him and find ways to improve his abilities.'

While he was fighting with the goblins, having such a discussion with Haycien regarding Ragnius and its limitations, a slight crimson-red spark looking like particles of mana, like droplets, appeared on the spear's blade, as if it could hear Mathias's and Haycien's conversation in regard to it.

A change that wasn't observed by anyone, but it was a sign of something waiting to happen.

.

The sequence of actions which required Mathias, Sera, Bernard, and Eric to open their way inside the artificial tunnels dug by the goblins, the group feeling some gust of air touching them slowed down walking until the entrance to a larger chamber where the eye could see some humans being whipped and forced to work.

His eyes scanned the entire chamber from the entrance and noticed the fact that those goblins looked tense, watching around themselves with suspicious eyes.

[Goblin Champion - LV. 115] -Elite / [Goblin Champion - LV. 118] -Elite / [Goblin Champion - LV. 116] -Elite / [Goblin Champion - LV. 117] -Elite

@Sera: There are 4 Elite Champions in a single place?? This will be a hard fight for sure. Taking into account the rest of the Goblins and the Goblin Enslavers using their whips. I suggest that we back away for a bit to recover our resources and prepare a better plan to fight them.

Sera and her group doubted the success rate of clearing this part of the dungeon, wanting to recover their resources and come up with a better plan after a long discussion. But, it seems that Mathias had other plans with regard to this challenge.

@???:  There's no need to back away. Can you see how each of them is spread around to watch over various sections of the Chamber? We can assassinate them or kill them one by one. Or wait, give me some minutes, and I will come up with something better.

Saying that Mathias began to have a discussion with Haycien, where he could strategize with the experienced Emperor, on what he could possibly achieve or not in this fight. Even though Sera tried to make Mathias back down from this fight, but there was something that would constantly make her fail in pursuing this mysterious man, the mantle of the Saharan Successor he was holding, couldn't allow him to back away from a challenge just because one or two people viewed hard to achieve.

He was bound to be challenged by more powerful beings than some green rat that looked to have hit the gym for a bit.

@???" Okay, after some contemplation, I came up with a better plan. The assassination one isn't so great because it can bring the risk of being assaulted by the entire goblins in this chamber without many gains.

@???: In fact, I feel that regardless of strategy, we would be attacked by all the goblins, so I choose to go about with a big entrance by killing in a big charge the first two Champions and the various goblins, and later on to kite them toward the beginning of the Dungeon where the tunnels are narrow compared to open space. I will also have more freedom of attacking with my AoE skills.

@Bernard: Kiting … my man, you are talking about elite stuff here. How should I kite those goblins to go along with your strategy?

Bernard was honest about his limitations in skills, and for that Mathias who gazed some minutes at the warrior, sighed and began explaining to his party members how kitting worked in Satisfy.

@???: You, Bernard, have available the Taunting Skills of a Warrior right? Those are good for kiting because you'll attract the attention of those monsters. You could also attack them once you've taken the aggro and make evasive moments once the monsters start reaching closer to you.

@Bernard: Ohh, isn't that like flying a kite?

@???: In short, the term comes from that process used in gaming. Simply hit and run. And as you do your kiting, taking some of the aggro from my shoulders, I will be able to focus on killing the Goblin Champions and maybe the Hidden Boss of this Chamber.

"I am done with this strategy. It's not as if we have another option of clearing this stacked chamber." added Bernard after understanding what was asked of him, which wasn't something over the top.

"Yea, me too. Let me refresh your buffs, and recover my mana in the process."

"I am also ready." added Sera, who agreed with Mathias's strategy, a straightforward one without beating around the bush.

They initially doubted Mathias' strategy, but after he explained his intent, they came into agreement, and after Eric recovered his mana from his casted buffs, the players saw his hands shining with dark-purple light, a unique type of magic from what Eric explained to Sera and Bernard.

"Let the dance begin." commented Mathias who was engulfed by the Arcane Magic releasing a lot of invisible pressure on his party members who didn't expect him to have such a hidden card.

"Grand Arcane Barrage!"

The chaos ensued with Mathias unleashing his enhanced Arcane Barrage that was split to hit each goblin watching over their slaves working on the tunnels.

"Let's go, boys! The hunt has begun!" shouted Sera who also jumped from the hideout, charging at the various goblins and killing the goblins wounded by Mathias's magic, using her swift combos.

Everyone was doing their job in hurting the monsters, with Mathias going for another basic Arcane Spell before he saw the two Goblin Champions charging at him with murderous intent, making him smile evilly in the process.

"Guys, back away from the Goblin Champions. They are my prey!"

In the dimly lit tunnel room, the arcane energy released by Mathias was akin to a neutron star pulsating with great intensity, and telling the players to be ready and back off, he casts another Arcane Blast that strikes the Champion doing a decent hit on the low-magic resistance monster.

All the monsters in this room were alerted by Mathias's explosive attacks, and sounded the alarm for the entire chamber, while the other two Champions gave Sera, Bernard, and Eric a murderous stare.

Starting to rush around while the slaves in shackles, the humans who were overwatched by many goblins as if they were important goods, clearly containing some nasty wounds on their bodies, stopped from their forced labor when most of the goblins were facing the intruders.

Glancing at Mathias' crimson hair bound by his mysterious hat and crimson eyes, they couldn't believe what they were seeing and with confused and shocked eyes watched how all the monsters moved toward the four brave humans.

"Sir Trian, am I seeing visions after the defeat at the hands of that monster?" asked one of the young humans chained by the goblins, someone who had dirty blonde hair, watching with stunned eyes at the showcase of power.

"Have they been sent by Count Valashar after the news of the disturbance caused by the goblins reached Valinar?" asked another man, whose body was full of scars oozing with puss, as if he had an infection.

Those chained humans couldn't help but shift all their questions to a middle-aged man with long brown hair, with a strong build but heavily bruised from a clash that resulted in them being chained.

"I don't know, young Ellyron... But … I pray to the Goddess that they are here to help us." said the one called Trian, watching every single movement Mathias was making while facing the Goblin Champions.

On the other hand, what followed next for Mathias who was focused on the Goblin Champions, was to receive a loud notification from the system.

[Ding!] [You have received a new quest! Will you accept or decline?]

<[Rescue the Shackled Humans]>

'Huh? A quest? From those chained guys? What's this all about?'

While facing the monsters, he saw some opened windows while blocking the attacks from the goblins to check the contents of the quest.

.

[Rescue the Shackled Humans]

Rating: A

Suffering the defeat at the hands of a monstrous being, the chained humans shoulder a heavy responsibility and story that has been bound by the Goblins.

Seeing the arrival of the brave adventurers who have pushed ahead inside the Goblin Invested Tunnels, the enslaved humans can once again hope that they will see the light of tomorrow and fulfill their duties to their master.

Quest Clear Condition: Clear the Infested Dungeon Chamber without losing a single life of a Chained Person.

Quest Reward: Trigger the Event "The Duty of a Knight"

Quest Failure: Trigger the Event: "A Monster's Arrival"

.

It was an A-grade quest, which offered an intriguing reward for Mathias, instead of gaining levels and various items and gold, it was an event. While the penalties, if he failed to rescue them, were similarly another event that sounded more like a dooming sequence.

@???: I received a quest, this one <[Rescue the Shackled Humans]>, you read the contents of the quest and tell me if you want to accept it. I am inclined to accept it if you want to hear my opinion.

@Sera: Let me take a look. I see, this will probably lead to a chain quest. There's no way I will back away from such quests.

Asking Sera and the rest if they wanted to accept this quest. Sera showed her leadership personality and didn't back down from this challenge, which had Mathias chuckle a bit before accepting the quest which soon got linked to everyone since it was something that only he the Party Leader gained.

[Accet]

[Ding!][As Party Leader, you have shared the quest to the members currently in the party.]

.

[Player ??? has shared the quest <[Rescue the Shackled Humans]> with you.]

.

Casting another Arcane Barrage that was piercing the goblins enraging them even more, the Priest also casted some of his magic spells only to see his damage being improved immensely from the debuffs that monsters suffered from Mathias's spells.

Then, after finishing giving sufficient damage output to the goblins, he moved behind the party, allowing the Tank to take over the job of keeping the monsters preoccupied and kiting them as he explained to him.

While he jumped from the back and using his <Phantom Step> that he still struggled to get under his wraps properly, he appeared in front of the Goblin Champions that to their awareness used a styled Saharan Sword that was something only a common Knight would use.

When he appeared before the Goblins whose faces showed surprise, attempting to cleave Mathias in halves from various places, wanting to destroy this mere human who extended his hand shining with an intense Dark-Purple Light.

"Arcane Pulse"

[Critical!]

[You have dealt 8257 damage to the targets in front of you!]

Pushing the monster's steps away, gaining some space he pulled Ragnius, and using Raven's Movements he appeared to the monster's side piercing deep in his ribs as if he wanted to puncture his lungs or even his heart.

Doing that, he still didn't see any debuffs being activated, and the monsters gave off a mad grunt, while the second one, seeing how Mathias got stuck and unable to finish his combo, swung the sword toward Mathias who didn't have time to pull Ragnius.

"You wish you could get me with such a wide telegraphed movement. Enjoy a moment of respite, vermin."

Sounding fully confident, he let go in an instant of Ragnius, while the slash did a strong sword wave that cut deep in the group.

The Globin Champion who scared Mathias away started laughing in a moronic manner, touching the spear in an attempt to move it, but when he did that, his hands couldn't budge the spear off.

"Vermin, only I can touch Ragnius and wield it."

Mathias used his arcane power to retrieve Ragnius with a lot of force that he even cleaved the fingers from the Goblin Champion's hands, and then with his spear in his hand, he threw it like a Javelin, flying along with the spear toward the wounded Goblin Champion.

When the spear made contact, with the chest of the broad, tall goblin, he jumped behind the monster who tried to counter him, and dropping to the monster's knees, he casted two Arcane Missiles to the joints of the monster that collapsed him on the ground.

"This is game over. Neo has downloaded the full data on the enemy." laughed Mathias in a cold manner, brimming with extreme confidence seeing how easily fighting against those predictable monsters becomes.

"In such an exhilarating fighting style, I can see myself growing beyond my capabilities while facing strong opponents that make my gears turn."

With a cold laugh, Mathias said that this gamestyle was truly thrilling, while Haycien was laughing to accompany his Heir, fully agreeing, saying that he didn't teach him wrong since this was the style he built over long years of training.

{Son, every creature has a weakness.  Humanoids have similar weaknesses to us humans, so you learned from me well with regard to the human body.}

"I did extra homework, old man."

The monster recovered from his knees being blown by the magic thanks to his insane regenerative abilities, while the second Goblin tried to fend off Mathias's following attacks, only to also suffer from its inability to push the swift and murderous human, who grew akin to a Giant while fighting against over the period of 10 minutes.

Mathias could see those goblins flawed with many weaknesses, and as he was fighting those goblin champions, he took a small peak at Sera, Bernard and Eric also took over fighting against the other two Goblin Champions, struggling a bit, but they stood their ground, buying enough time for him to kill the monsters.

Moving around and attacking the two Goblins simultaneously, dodging and blocking their attacks, he was truly performing a Macabre Dance in his style of fighting which captivated the eyes of the enslaved humans, especially the one called Trian.

"Such a mastery … He reminds me of Lord Erlan when he gets serious. Just like a Red Knight who breathes confidence and power."

All of the chained humans were of the same mind and watched how in about 10 minutes, the adventurers finished the goblins with small resources loss feeling surprised by how smooth Mathias's game plan worked with the goblins.

"Huh, huh, while the plan looked decently. Not everything went as planned. For example, they didn't want to follow me to the tunnel." commented the middle-aged man supporting himself on his sword, breathing hard to recover his stamina.

"Not everything goes as planned in life. Nonetheless, it was a successful hunt. I even leveled up plenty."

Still, someone looked disappointed in their performance, the young woman with brown shoulder-length brown hair, and an attractive body line. Sera felt disappointed in herself, thinking about how she even failed against the monsters at the start of the tunnel and that her contribution to this fight wasn't so great.

'Getting carried sucks.' thought the girl, who wanted to overshadow her current state.

Yet Bernard and Eric just patted her shoulders, satisfied with the progress they made as they told her jokingly.

"Why are you so upset? Do you feel like peeing and you've kept it for so long the fight took place?"

"It's not that, you shitty old man. I feel like crap because I couldn't even kill one of those Goblin Champions alone and we still required Octavian's help in ending the fight."

"Meh, we are a team, what's to be upset about? He assumed the role of DPS'er and Supporter and it's only normal that he should carry us. Besides, take this as a learning experience because I guess you rarely have a chance of playing along with the Pinnacle of Satisfy."

"It's as Berny says, Sery. I doubt someone like Kraugel would even bother to team up with us since I noticed he is an arrogant guy looking down on most players. Yet? I can bet we learned and experienced more with this Octavian guy."

And to their surprise, Mathias listened to their small talk, as he walked to check on them, and couldn't help but agree with what the middle-aged guys told the girl.

"I can agree with everything mentioned by the two. You can't feel down just because you didn't perform. If everyone would immediately get upset and depressed that they didn't perform to the best of their abilities what would be of us? Everyone would be depressed, requiring pils to live on."

"Just strive to be better and rewatch the fight. Check on the mistakes you make in fights and recorrect them."

Sera felt a little better hearing Mathias's down-to-earth remark, and couldn't help but thank him since her level jumped tremendously, joining TOP 20 in Global Rankings, while Mathias's level jumps straight to 70 after killing all the Goblin Champions.

"Leader, what level are you at, right now?" asked Bernard who was in a good mood, only to be ignored by Mathias.

"Hehe, secretive as always. No worries, once I buy you some strong ale, you'll spill all the beans. Sera, I got to Top 50, now I can boast on those brats making fun of me that I am an old man playing Satisfy."

"Yep, playing it right now feels far better. That sense of thrill and a bit of dread that you'll not know what will hit you next. It's truly what Satisfy should be." commented Eric, who felt rather nice about the whole teaming up with Mathias.

"Indeed, but the credit can go to Serry and the mysterious Octavian who made the strategy for our team. Right now we are truly like an Orchestra that gained a great Conductor moving along the notes with strong emotions to the melody."

"Glad to hear you enjoy this dungeon run. However, let's go and check on the chained guys and take them off those. Has anyone gained a key from the goblins?" asked Mathias bringing back the team with their feet on the ground.

"I gained one after killing a smaller goblin fighting with the whip." replied Sera who took out a rusty key from her inventory, handing it to Mathias.

"That is good. Now let's see what story those chained guys have for us."

Cheer me up! Rate! Comment! Review!
— Patre0n: patre0n.com/Morpheus146 — Discord: https://discord.gg/CMsHqJVDVD

17