Prologue – Atelier Reina
5.9k 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is a sequel spin-off to Ero Witch. You can read it here but it is not necessary to read or understand this series.

Five years following the siege of Thanreas, the Eternal City, where a coalition of witches, bannerkins, and rebel humans ended the Second Crimson Wars by defeating an ancient evil, at last allowed magic to flourish throughout all of Talmora. Those heroes and heroines had long since left their post for a more peaceful life, allowing the world to come to its own term to heal. None was more prosperous than Vessyra, far to the southwest, in a land inhabited by what humans called them demi-humans.

The religious kingdom of Vessyra, named after the deity of the same name— the Goddess of Love and Lust. It was a kingdom lived by all manner of life: elven, beastborne, orcs, goblins, and more. Dwellings were carved into trees and burrows, and the streets were paved in stone in such a way that did not obstruct nature's reach.

When magic coursed through the lands again, lifting the drought that stifled the growth of lush, verdant forests, its people saw not only bountiful harvests but a wellspring of life that revitalized their fertility.

With the dismantling of the Council of Kings, the inter-kingdom human coalition that sought to collar practitioners of witchcraft, freed witches from their bondage and the art of alchemy was granted to anyone who wished to pursue it.

One young, tan-skinned elf of eighteen, an inhabitant of Vessyra, took interest in pioneering a branch of alchemy left uncharted since the end of the war. She had gone to Grathir to study alchemy under the tutelage of experienced alchemists and witches.

Today Reina Highbranch returned to Vessyra at last. It was her first day and first step as a full-fledged alchemist.

 Acquiring the certifications and permission from the high priestesses took quite a bit of time. Even longer to build her workshop because those orcs and goblins couldn't follow simple construction blueprints. But now she stood before her very own atelier, ready to flip the closed sign over to open.

The best part was she had the perfect view of the great tree at the center of Vessyra. Its massive trunk and branches housed hundreds of priestesses, and was home to the three exceedingly beautiful High Priestesses.

Reina hoped to one day meet them herself.

A wagon, pulled by a centauri couple, raced up the cobblestone street. It stopped in front of Reina's atelier.

"Delivery for Reina Highbranch? That you?" the male centaur asked while his companion unhitched herself to search inside the wagon.

"That's me!" Reina skipped up to them to receive a small, red lockbox bound with a magic enchantment to keep the contents inside safe. This was standard for important packages coming out of Grathir, home to the Witch's Academy.

And if it came from there, it could only be one thing.

Before going inside, she noticed the clusters of wilting flowers on either side of the stone steps leading up to the atelier's entrance. They appeared to have been trampled on, likely from the construction workers and hadn't been able to recover since. She doused the ground with several droplets of augmented restoration potion and enhanced growth serum, breathing life back into the flowers and returning them to their former glory.

"Argh…" 

"Keep it together. We'll get to the priestesses soon. They can help ya!"

A pair of hunters hobbled down the streets all bloodied up. The orc had a hand underneath his elven hunting companion's shoulder, keeping him propped up and trying to keep him talking to stay conscious.

The atelier was built along a main thoroughfare towards the edge of the city that saw few traffic. It mostly led out to a hunting ground, and only those going out to catch big game went that way. Merchant wagons came and went from another entrance that was more safely traveled.

"You two! What happened?" Reina asked, rushing up to them.

"Manticore. Must have come down all the way from Parthun. Damn thing got my buddy good," the orc said.

His friend had a large, clawed gash on his chest. Strips of leather armor and flesh barely clung to his body.

"Let me help. Set him down gently," Reina said.

The orc didn't question it. He set the elf flat on the middle of the road. Reina produced a restoration potion, different from the one she cast on the flowers. When she brought it up to the elf's lips, he had a hard time drinking but pushed it down for his own sake. The wounds closed in a matter of seconds, but the scars still remained.

"Is this… magic?" the orc asked.

"Alchemy." She winked. "It won't restore his blood, but his vitals should be stable for now. If my potions were good enough, it would have healed the scars, too. Guess I still have a long way to go."

With the orc's help, the elf got to his feet to show his gratitude. "Thank you so much…"

"If you boys ever need any help, your friendly neighborhood alchemist is right here." Reina thumbed the atelier behind her and smiled.

The two men promised to return and repay her in the near future. Reina was about to enter the atelier when she saw a group of children run past her. One of them tripped and scraped their knees.

"Uuu… " A young beastborne girl with droopy ears and a long furry tail began to tear up.

Her friends stopped and helplessly gawked around in search of aid.

Reina sighed.

After giving the little girl a potion, she was healed in no time.

"See? No more pain. Good girl," Reina stroked the kid's head.

The little runts hugged her legs in thanks and took off running again with no concern for their own safety.

"Excuse me, Reina! Could I trouble you for a little something?" an elder goblin lady asked.

Reina ended up helping everyone in need within the immediate neighborhood, to the point where she had run out of potions and elixirs completely.

"AAAHHHH! There goes half my day! But I guess this is what it means to be an alchemist. People are going to depend on me, and I can't exactly turn a blind eye…"

Reina entered her atelier along with her prize at long last and marveled at her renovated home-turned workshop. It was a burrow, built into the ground and reinforced with walls to keep the structure steady. This allowed her humble abode to stay warm throughout the season. 

The alchemy cauldron was situated at the corner of the room, framed by layers of shelves up to the ceiling lined with reagents and ingredients. Her bedroom was on a raised deck, out of the way from the atelier floor. Bed sounded nice after moving things all day, but there was one more step before she could become the alchemist she wanted to be.

The box contained two things— a vial containing a pink liquid and a letter.

Setting aside the vial for now, Reina read the letter aloud to herself:

"Reina Highbranch,

The path you embark on is one that no other has dared to dabble in. Even her most esteemed, Grand Alchemist Eileen Calloway, had only scratched the surface. Though she dared not venture any further, you have proven yourself capable and willing. Eager, even. I am told Eileen was rather impressed by your tenacity.

Keep a record of all that you do. Make requisitions as you deem fit. We will see to it that you are not in want of all but the rarest of reagents. The rest, you must collect yourself. Especially the kind in question that you have been tasked to study.

With our blessing, we wish you the best of luck.

Yours,

Headmistress Parabelle Ivethrow-Mycasta."

"Ahhhhh! Grand Alchemist Eileen? Impressed?" Reina pressed the letter to her chest, squealing with joy. "I can die happy— er, no! Not yet. As the sole pioneer of this new branch of alchemy, I have to do my best."

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Damn it. Everyone's getting in my way today," she muttered.

Someone was rapping at her door like crazy. Just when she was getting to the good part, too.

Reina opened the door to a hooded figure. She couldn't make out his features, but did notice the glint of the dagger in his hand.

"T-Take your clothes off and hand over your valuables!" he snarled.

"The sign clearly reads 'closed'. Can't you read?!" Reina took a deep breath, then cracked a slumber vial at the would-be thief's feet.

"What… the…?"

He dropped to the ground with a thud. She kicked his legs away so they wouldn't block the entryway, then she slammed the door shut.

Alright, then… 

Now for the moment of truth. Reina held the vial up to her eyes and knew exactly what it was. She didn't hesitate to drink it and trembled with anticipation until there was a tingling sensation between her legs. 

A penis of rather modest size had grown there. It was squishy to the touch, just like her own breasts. The more she stimulated it, the larger and harder it became. By simply concentrating on it, she could vanish and return her new sex organ at will. The power and reach of alchemy certainly wasn't something to be underestimated.

"It's real… my very own penis. It's so veiny, too… Do all men really have these? It feels kind of inconvenient." Reina shook and flailed it around between her legs.

She stripped naked in front of a standing mirror to inspect herself, striking poses to give herself good angles that flaunted both her modest breasts and new penis. Shoulder-length, golden hair, ears as sharp as daggers, eyes as blue as a turquoise gemstone— Reina could give plenty of women a run for their money. Perhaps not as beautiful as the elven High Priestesses, Ceris and Gale, but she still had years to continue maturing.

Reina used her outstretched thumb and pinky to make an approximate measurement of her penis. "Eight inches fully erect from tip to base, huh? I was hoping for it to be a little bigger, but I guess this will have to do."

The moment she gripped the hard member, her senses went wild. It felt good. Pleasurable even. She licked her palm wet and stroked her penis. This sensation was making her lose her mind. She wanted to feel even better, so she fingered herself with her free hand. As the pleasure began to build, she found herself moaning out loud.

"Oh, gods… Why did I wait until now to get a dick? Nngh— What is this… pressure building in my thing?" She dropped to her knees, climaxing from both sex organs. Her dick, however, squirted a cloudy white substance to the ground.

As Reina knelt there, staring at the gooey and sticky substance, dick still in hand and dripping from the tip, a grin flashed across her flushed face.

"Ahh~ What an addictive feeling. I can see why male goblins are always so horny," she mused.

Not wanting to waste this valuable resource, Reina collected and used her own ejaculate to brew a much higher quality restoration potion with common ingredients.

"That's right! I have to keep a journal to record everything." Reina found a dusty tome with nothing written inside of it within her bookcase.

On top of collecting samples from others, she couldn't wait to try out the new addition to her body with another person. It was said that Goddess Vessyra had both a penis and vagina. It exhilarated Reina to be similar in image to her goddess. Anticipation bubbled within her wondering who she might call up first.

Knock! Knock!

"Reina! I came to visit!" the familiar voice of Neeks, a forest harpy whom Reina had grown up with, called from the other side.

Reina pressed a finger to her lips. All it took for the fleshy organ between her legs to stand up, which had gotten soft after masturbating for the first time, was the sound of her friend who was about to learn of a big surprise.

38