Chapter 21 – Murky Tidings
1.2k 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This elixir should do the trick."

Reina handed Xana two glass vials after a grueling process of trial and error that depleted their ingredients. She screwed up several times stabilizing the mixture, forcing them to screw again in order to get more fluids from the succubus.

All those mistakes weren't for naught. Aside from being able to have hot sex with Xana who knew how to use a tail like a dick, Reina learned a lot from failed concoctions. Demon fluids, especially one from a succubus, had incredible applications; she could brew love potions, aphrodisiacs, and sedatives that promote euphoric dreams.

Fortunately, Xana was more than happy to part with her saliva and juices from her pussy. The only thing she asked in return was for more rounds of what Reina was happy to indulge in. Each time they laid together though, her stamina was sapped away. But that was an easy fix for an alchemist who could imbibe restorative potions.

Xana held the vial of deep red liquid synthesized with her saliva to her eyes with a hint of doubt.

"Our first meeting should be proof enough how troublesome it is," she said.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it enjoyable, but I can see where you're coming from." Reina chuckled, the memory still fresh between her legs. "That elixir has anti-magic properties infused with your saliva to specifically stunt you from attracting people via scent."

Right now, Xana's very presence was having an effect on Reina since the moment she entered the atelier. The sensation was faint like a moderately pleasing humid atmosphere. It should vanish once Xana drank the elixir, assuming the concoction was brewed correctly and worked as intended.

"Will it remain like that forever?" Xana asked.

"Nothing short of the most powerful reagents could permanently affect your being. That should last for up to a week. You'll have to come back here for more unless you find a witch to enchant you something that'd achieve the same effect," Reina explained.

The succubus nodded, then tilted one of the two elixir into her mouth like it was a cup of tea. A thin stream of liquid slid down the side of her chin and dripped onto her breasts.

She grimaced. "Ugh. Foul. The taste of your ejaculate was a hundred times better."

Almost immediately, the elixir took effect. Reina's unnatural urge to have sex with the succubus disappeared. Well, somewhat.

It was kind of hard to forget how much they fucked, and just thinking back on it got her horny. But that was Reina's own problem and not the fault of the succubus.

"How do I know if it worked?"

"It has. That I can assure you," Reina replied with confidence.

The succubus leaned in such that their faces were an inch apart. She lifted Reina's chin and smiled, causing her heart to beat like crazy.

"Even though you are so flustered?" Xana teased her, running slender fingers down her arm.

"A-Anyone would get flustered from having a succubus in their face…" Reina averted her gaze and jolted when their lips pressed together.

As Xana pulled away, Reina felt herself attached to the succubus like a magnet until their lips snapped away from each other, leaving a trail of saliva between them.

"I shall take your word for it. My sister shall be pleased. You can expect me to return for… more," she said cryptically before leaving the atelier.

Reina sighed in relief but somewhat saddened that the succubus was gone at last. She was left with a sufficient batch of Xana's saliva and secretions from her pussy.

After labelling them as 'reagents', she put them on a shelf dedicated to exotic ingredients for future use. Best only to use them when such a time was needed.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Heeyyyy! Your carriage awaits, m'lady!" Rodelle shouted as she rapped her knuckles on the door.

"Already?" Reina raced outside and was greeted by the grinning goblin boss.

Behind her was a magnificently-built vardo wagon pulled by four orcs workers. Dark brown planks formed the wall like the surface of a boat, not to be showy whilst in the forests. The rooftop was a half circle likely cut from the outer trunk of a tree, the top of which had a chimney according to Reina's specifications.

"Whaddya think?" the goblin asked. "Worth every piece of gold, yeah?"

"Getting ahead of ourselves." She entered through the only entrance at the front of the wagon, by a door in which the top half was a glass window to see out front.

Inside the wagon was currently bare bones, awaiting to be furnished. The height was enough that Neeks could be inside without ducking. A short loft at the back had enough space to fit a mattress or at least cushions and bedsheets. Cabinets lined the walls, with shelves and vial racks fitted between them. An open space for a cauldron was available under the chimney's hole.

Reina nodded in approval.

"The axels are constructed to adjust to unstable terrain of the forests. Should about go over any terrain as long as you're not climbing it over boulders. Throw twenty orcs on top of this baby, the wheels and frame still wouldn't break. I've tried," Rodelle explained, earning a round of exhaustive sighs from her employees.

"Did you actually?" Reina asked.

"That slave-driver actually had twenty of us climb on top of the damn thing," one of them complained.

Another groaned in agreement. "We ain't getting paid enough for this shit."

"Quit whining! Two gold pieces and my cunt a day's should be enough for ya lot," she snarled back, silencing them.

"And the extra door?" She turned to Rodelle.

The goblin snapped her fingers and one orc went around to the back of the wagon to fetch the extra door.

"Ain't sure whatcha needing this for, but here it is. Perfectly identical," Rodelle said, knocking on the door.

Reina had the door brought into the atelier and wagon delivered to the parking warehouse, a large building among many in the city which stored hundreds of carriages, carts, and other vehicles when not in use. It was an idea adopted from human cities, necessary to the growth of Vessyra with more traffic coming through.

A small fee was paid to the workers who kept track of and guarded the large, stable-like building. Much safer here than leaving it hanging around outside of the atelier, that was for sure.

She thanked Rodelle and her 'employees' who were sure to have more laborious work ahead of them.

As Reina was about to head back to the atelier, a conversation between two beastborne workers sitting bored by the entrance caught her attention.

"You hear about Lake Hosal out east? Something's muckin' up the waters over there," the scrawny wolf said, yawning into his hand.

"No, shit? I like the bass that comes outta that lake. Was just thinking of picking up a couple at the market to honey-smoke over the night," his centaur coworker responded.

"Excuse me!" Reina waved to get their attention. "Can you tell me more about Lake Hosal?"

"I only know what I heard, lady. Couple of folks brought in their cart earlier complaining that Hosal's all muddy and gross."

"Try asking the fishmongers. Those guys might know what's going on," the centaur suggested.

Reina thanked them and headed for the Erinmerch marketplace. It spanned a section along the length of the avenue heading into the inner districts of Vessyra. Stalls and wagons set up on the road for passersby to peruse whatever was in stock.

She was having little luck getting information from various fish sellers. There were many lakes, rivers, and ponds in Emerick that fishermen frequent and stayed within their own to avoid butting heads with others. Hosal was only one of many.

"What you poking around about Hosal for, lass? You'll get sicker than a dying hog if you eat a fish from there," an elder elf hunched over on his cane said.

"I don't suppose you know more about what's going on at the lake?" Reina asked.

"No. But I used to run a fishing boat out in Hosal. One day, the water started foaming something fierce and a bunch of fishes floated belly up. The dead and living ones ain't fit for eating," he explained.

It sounded like something polluted the waters. She might be able to cleanse it, but not without further investigating it herself.

"Could you take me out there on your boat?" she asked.

"You deaf? Ain't nothing out there worth wishing up, and I gotta find a new place to fish." He groaned.

Reina offered him a small pouch of gold.

"I'll pay you."

15