Chapter 29 – Reina, the Maid
1.2k 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The mansion appeared just as large from the inside even though they were only on the first floor. Right through the foyer, Reina was breath taken by the sheer extravagance of the place. Diamond chandeliers hung above her head, the floor was polished enough to see her own reflection, and paintings of foreign landscapes were framed on the walls. A wide set of stairs led up to the second and third floor, then further up out of sight as it split into two. 

"Please follow me," Roland said, heading up the stairs.

Left with little choice than to do anything else, Reina followed him up. Kris had split ways from them at the foyer, leading the other captives elsewhere.

As Reina followed Roland upstairs, it became increasingly obvious that all the maids were either elves or beastborne women. Not a single orc or goblin like the ones outside were within the mansion. The only male servant was Roland, but he was human.

They went into the left wing on the second floor and stopped at the first door in the hall. None of them were marked or clued him which was which, but he flipped through the large keyring until he seemingly found the correct one.

"Change into the work clothes on the bed. Patty, the head maid, will come by to show you around the mansion and explain your daily tasks," the human servant said.

Reina glanced at the white and black outfit laid out at the foot of the bed.

"Don't suppose I have a choice in the matter. Do you want to at least tell me if I'm a guest or prisoner?" she asked.

"You are a guest," he answered.

"The clothes suggest otherwise."

Roland shifted his weight from one leg to the other, then cleared his throat.

"Only so as to not arouse suspicion in our other guests. The queen will explain everything when she returns, which leads me to this: I highly recommend you not attempt to flee." The old servant exited the room with that cryptic warning.

The best way to survive in unknown surroundings and without friends to rely on was to simply adapt to the situation. Attempting to escape in the night would do more harm than good without knowing where 'here' was.

Reina changed into the maid outfit and somehow felt more naked than her alchemist robes. The dress was low-cut at the bust and while the skirt extended down to her ankles, it split at both sides of the thighs. Definitely intended more for style than practicality.

Knock! Knock!

"It's Patty! Have you changed? I'm coming in!"

A young beastborne hare entered the room in the same outfit. Her white hair was tied into a thick braid that came over her right shoulder.

Despite the situation they were in, she lit up from seeing Reina. "I'm glad it fits you so well! They gave me size specifications, but I wasn't sure it would fit you without me to measure you myself."

"As much as I appreciate it, you're going to have to forgive me for not sharing your enthusiasm," Reina remarked coldly.

The beastborne's ears drooped as she frowned.

"I'm terribly sorry! I didn't mean to make light of your situation. It must have been terrifying when they kidnapped you, but Queen Lisette ensures you'll want for nothing as long as you serve her loyally," Patty explained.

So the slaver earlier hadn't misspoken. Queen Lisette, ruler of Ors-Juna, the largest human kingdom, was behind her kidnapping. But why?

Ors-Juna was a close ally and trading partner with Grathir. Surely they couldn't want to jeopardize their relationship with the Witch's Academy by enslaving the other races. Moreover, risk losing an economic trading alliance with the city of Vessyra.

Wait. High Priestesses Ceris and Sheila were supposed to be in this very kingdom meeting with the queen. Before Reina was kidnapped, High Priestess Gale had asked her to find them as they had gone missing. She hoped they were alright. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise. The only place to search for information of their whereabouts would be at the heart of Ors-Juna.

"Fine," Reina said at last. "Let's just get this over with. I hope there's a bath at the end of this."

"Yes, there will be!" Patty assured her.

The entire day Reina played along with the tour while committing to memory every single detail about the manor's floorplans. This estate had four floors and a basement: the second floor comprised rooms for noble and royal guests, the third was for family and an open terrace behind the building, and fourth was the queen's chambers. The very first floor had two wings for lesser guests, a dining hall, and a kitchen, below which was the basement to the sleeping quarters for maids and servants. All of which had guards posted through and patrolling.

Patty was incredibly knowledgeable. Like Kris, she seemed taken by Queen Lisette almost to the point of love.

When Reina and Patty were passing through the dining hall, several human nobles were inside and enjoying their noon lunch.

"You two. Stop," a fat human dressed in a fancy blue coat and jewelry adorning all ten fingers ordered.

"Forgive us, Lord William, but Roland insisted that I quickly familiarize the manor to the new maid before the queen returns," Patty bowed apologetically.

"Don't talk back to me. Come here this instant. The queen would have wanted you to entertain us," he snarled.

The two of them traded awkward glances and walked up to the man. He stared lasciviously at Reina in particular, licking his lips like another platter of food was placed before him.

"How would you like to come by my quarters tonight, lass? You have the honor of serving me personally until Queen Lisette returns," Lord William said.

"My lord, you shouldn't—"

"How dare you talk back!" He growled.

Patty didn't see the hand coming, but Reina did. She instinctively reached for a dagger at her waist, realized it wasn't there, and scooted the head maid away to take the slap to her face instead.

"Oh, no. Reina?!"

"I've had goblins slap harder than that," Reina remarked, rubbing her stinging cheek.

"Looks like I ruined another pretty face." Lord William shrugged, earning laughter from his dining companions.

Patty quickly guided Reina out of the dining area and back into the foyer.

"Y-You shouldn't have done that! I'm sorry you had to get hurt because of me." The head maid frowned.

"Don't worry about me. Forest elves like me are hardy creatures." She smiled.

"Is that the new girl? She doesn't look like much."

A group of four maids were coming up from the basement. They stopped at the top of the stairs to check Reina out, but in a much more scrutinizing way than the human had.

The one who made the remark was a lizard beastborne. She had leathery green skin up to her neck and a tail that dragged behind her.

"Oh, hello, Meena! Are you four heading in to take over the kitchen staff's shifts? Patty asked.

"Yeah. I heard that bastard William is back again." Meena rolled her eyes which fell squarely on Reina's swollen cheek. "Looks like you already met him. You'll probably meet him again later tonight. Good luck, new girl."

The four walked past them and into the dining hall.

After Patty had shown Reina the entire manor, they went to the servant's quarters to wash up. The area was surprisingly nice. Not as indulgent as the upstairs, but definitely not a place to complain about.

The baths had a round, marble pool that could fit five people at most at one time. Warm water was in constant flow, coming in from one pipe and out another. Torchlight illuminated wooden boards beneath their feet, and on the walls and ceiling. It reminded Reina of the saunas in the volcanic regions of Sarthal.

All the stress left her as she dipped into the warm waters that went up to her chest while seated. Patty sat next to her and looked as if she was working the courage to say something.

"No one has ever stood up for me like that before. The maids and servants always keep their heads low to not cause any trouble. M-May I help scrub your back as thanks?" she asked.

"Well, I can't say no to that." Reina turned her back to Patty and immediately felt two hands kneading her back.

"Queen Lisette often calls me to her room to give her massages. I'm sure you will like it, too."

The massage was working wonders on the knots in her back. However, as Patty's hands reached around to the front, the sensation of the beastborne's breasts pressed to Reina's back and deft hands stroking her inner thighs stimulated a different feeling.

"Hm? What is this?" Patty didn't realize she had grabbed Reina's erect penis. She looked down and shrieked, then backed up to the other side of the pool.

"I… kind of have a dick…" Reina confessed.

The head maid pushed aside her shock and sat in front of Reina instead.

"M-May I?" she asked.

Reina's head was spinning. May she what? It couldn't be that Patty was interested in her dick… could it? There was only one way to find out, and Reina nodded to give her permission.

12