Chapter 4: Getting used to things
53 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ch4.png

For the next two weeks, I was given training and education about this world called Crum. I was informed about my stats, given a crash course on swordsmanship, told about items and magic, among other things. It was all so unreal, to suddenly have to live in this new world I've been sent to. Yet, I adjusted to it quite well that I felt confident about my position. This sure beats going to school, anyways. It was fun training in swordsmanship and getting acquainted with this medieval-like world.

Then the day came for me to begin my journey. After putting on my brand new armor, the old man gave me some provisions for my travels and a map of the area. They assured me that Onyun is only a few hour's walk from here and the monsters weren't that high level. If anything, this is all training ground for starting adventurers, and my high stats should be no problem. With all that said, I was on my way to meet up with Stephanie in Onyun.

As I step outside, I notice the massive forest in front of me, mountains as huge as the skyscrapers in downtown, and even some strange creatures out of some kind of fairy tale. I've really been transported to a strange new world. Though this area looks no different than Nicely Park back in my old world, as I look back at that place they call Major Abode, it really does look something out of a video game. I take out my sword. It's quite heavy, but I seem to be able to lift it just fine. It must be my stats as the old man said the reason why I can lift this heavy weapon with ease is because of my Strength stat. Let me see my stats again:

Same Manuals
Level: 25
Exp: 2,658
HP: 275/275
MP: 0/0
Attack: 5,944
Defense: 471
Magic: 82
Focus: 70
Stamina: 389
Vitality: 22
Endurance: 63%
Critical: 28%
Luck: 6%
Strength: 544
Resistance: 55
Agility: 25

I don't know how strong 544 is, but he says it's exceptional for someone of my level. But didn't I level up after eating those chips? I didn't pay attention to what my level was before, but that prompt window that appeared after I ate them said I leveled up multiple times, but I have a feeling my Level should be higher than this. In fact, the whole bag increased some of my stats but not all of them. They seem quite imbalanced.

As I was walking down the road in front of me, contemplating all of this, a green blob-like creature appears before me. It was quite large and gelatinous. This must be a monster, a real monster!

Putting myself in a defensive pose, I wait for the monster to do something. It has some kind of round object inside of it. The elder says that's its weak spot but the jelly around it bounces off magic and physical attacks. The best course of action is to use a Pierce against it.
And as I was thinking all this, the blob suddenly lunges towards me. With a great swing from my sword, I aim at the monster, but I miss, swinging past it as the monster bumps into me. The skin on that thing made contact with my cheek and a burning sensation stings my face. A message box appeared before me.

HP -1

I lost a bit of health. I see, so it uses its acidic skin to attack. I swing my sword once again but the blob creature just jumped out of the way. How? Why do I keep missing? I keep swinging and swinging but the blob is too fast. It jumps on me and stings me again on the face, losing another hit point. This is ridiculous, with my high attack power.

I target the creature with my eyes, concentrating on it. The blob aims to sting me once again and this time I swing my sword aiming for the middle. The edge makes contact with the skin as it wedges into the blob. Applying force into the sword, I push the blob to the ground and smash the sword against it, penetrating the skin, and cleaving the core. A huge explosion of gunk from the blob erupts as I step back, covering my face with my arm.

VICTORY
2 Exp gained
OVERKILL
Critical percentage increased by 1%

My first victory, but that blob wasn't tough, I destroyed it like it was nothing, but it was so hard to aim. It must be my Focus stat.
My Attack power is the strongest stat I have, so it's no surprise I got that Overkill Victory. My Focus, however, is on par with someone of my level. Look how low it is; no wonder I'm so strong yet incapable of aiming. But how do I raise that particular stat? Looks like I may need to find some more chips in the hopes that it will boost everything up.

As I continue my journey, I kept running into more blobs, and I started to feel more confident in tackling them. There were also these dog like creatures with eagle talons and wings. There was that monkey thing, I still don't know what it is but I got this weird item from it, a flask of 'Monkey Serum'. Maybe it's good? I don't know, but I seem to be getting used to this whole situation pretty fast and I've never even used a sword in my life.

However, my stats don't seem to be going up, except for my experience. I don't get it. Don't these things usually level you up the more experience you get? I mean, it doesn't even tell me how much experience I need. In fact, I don't think I know what most of these stats mean. I was taught what they were back in Major Abode, but it still doesn't make sense. I mean, how does luck even work, and why is it a percentage? I mean, it's at 6%. How do I raise it?

Maybe it means that my luck has run out because a progression of knights are approaching me. They are all wearing black bulky armor, with the most intimidating of them is riding a horse, and his armor has so many spikes. Even the horse had armor with spikes around it. They were all carrying banners with a blazon of... a bag of chips?

3