Chapter 2: Queer Magician
42 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Yay! Chapter 2 and I haven't abandoned it yet! We're halfway to the last stopping point Chapter wise. Totaling at 6.3k words we are ~1 to 1.4k from the last time I tried to write something. This chapter is a wild ride of about 3.5k words. It's got the action, it's got the comedy, it's got a lawyer trying to get justice for his client, hell it even has the fabled dangerous dark alley. Anywhoo~ enjoy!

Ghosting out of the hotel as a breeze, Morgan leaves his real body sleeping contently. Reaching the outside, he heads to the roof before transforming into a matte black and red Great Horned Owl. Despite it being 2 AM, the Hotel and Red Light district are still centers of light and activity. Nearby, above the Hotels and Red Light district, the Wharfs are mostly quiet as a few ships come in and the lighthouse shines the way. North of the Wharfs Morgan can see signs of activity in the Warehouse district. One shows the signs of an ongoing Rave, another Morgan knew to be a sanctioned fight club, but the one near the edge of the Warehousing district called to him. With the local Chinatown in sight Morgan glides and stumbles into an awkward landing face first with wings splayed to the sides.

Appearing on his back and rubbing his face, Morgan grumbles, “Stupid clone bodies and feeling pain. Noooo, you can’t have no pain, you can’t teleport as clones, you can’t transform others. Stupid abilities.”

Looking around with the eyes of an owl, Morgan spots a triad member heading to a specific warehouse. Shifting back, he follows in pursuit. Arriving at the warehouse, the man goes in.

“Hmmm, I think I’ll go for a little stealth this time.” Becoming a shadowy silhouette Morgan slips through the cracks. 

Slipping from shadow to shadow reveals that this is one of their drug storage facilities. Armed guards patrolling everywhere. Some guns, but most carry daggers at their waist and a staff or spear. Even fewer carry swords. Following the man, who at closer inspection, has a neck tattoo indicating that he is a squad leader. Near the back of the warehouse they come to a split off section with guards stationed at the entrances. Inside, an argument in Chinese could be heard.

You two have caused a great shame upon us. We had him, but you fools woke him with your bumbling about. I gave you both a chance, cousins, but if you fail one more time I will not hesitate to let you suffer the consequences. At least my daughter is doing well. She got us the location, but thanks to you two the Scarlet Sisterhood is now aware of our move” Moving into the entryway and then the next room, Morgan sees Bloodjade Mohuang angrily lecturing the two other assailants from earlier. Cursing his lack of language skills, Morgan listens closer.

Baixue Jingling is a filial daughter, even if she takes after her mother more.” Mohuang exhales and shakes his head.

Get up. We have more tasks that we must do before morning.” Gesturing upwards with a flick of his hand, Mohuang turns towards the door. Seeing this as the best chance to make an entrance, Morgan shifts. Suddenly, a 5’8” delivery girl wearing khaki shorts, a polo, a hat with a heart on the front and a ponytail sticking out of the back, appears carrying a big satchel and a clipboard.

Knocking on the open doorway, Morgan tilts his head and glances around, asking, “Um. Excuse me? I was told to deliver this to whoever is in charge. It says here that it is for a Mr. Dongwei Smol? A delivery from the Evil Snake Syndicate”

“Girl, who are you? How did you get in here? Guards!” Mohuang yells and pulls his gun as the guards come in with weapons ready. Glancing around, Mohuang tries to puzzle out how this delivery girl got through their perimeter. It seems that he was going to have more people to discipline. 

Ignoring them and looking closer at the label, Morgan pretends to have misread and facepalms. “Whoops, that’s the next delivery. Ah, here we are.” Moving his finger down the page until it stops at the correct entry.

“It is actually from Bad Dragon Studios. Hmm that’s a lot of snake related names. Anywhoo~, I need a signature from a Mr. Dongwei Smol.” Gesturing with the clipboard and pen Morgan glances around. Out of the corner of his eye he sees one of the two men that were kneeling struggle to contain a laugh as the other quietly steps in front of his brother.

“You dare call a dragon a snake!” one of the guards exclaims in anger at the very gall to conflate dragons and snakes. The other guards flare with anger at the insult.

Narrowing his eyes, Mohuang holds up a hand, causing the guards to quiet down. Making it into a claw. “If you do not tell me who sent you, I will rip your spine from your back and turn your ribcage into chopsticks. I will leave your body for my men to use as they see fit and you will live through it all. Then I will have your corpse raised and sent back to your family.” A red glow appears and then solidifies over his hand which now looks more like a claw you would see on a bird or lizard.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. I guess I’ll just read the note that came with it and be on my way. ‘In light of your recent actions, we have decided to give you a bag of dicks to represent the move that you made earlier late last night. Please sit on them. Sincerely, the Scarlet Coterie.’ the end.” With that said, Morgan shifts again. Standing before them now is a tall woman wearing a white laughing drama mask, a top hat, a suit with a tailcoat, a scarlet bowtie on a dress shirt featuring the products being delivered, and polished black leather wingtip shoes. Hefting the satchel, Morgan spins and slams it towards Mohuang.

Catching the bag on his claw, it rips open with an explosive force. 25 or so dildos go flying out and hit everyone. No fortunate soul was saved from the fate of being slapped by a huge dong. One guard was even unlucky enough to catch one in his mouth and it began to wiggle and pulse. While everyone is surprised and flabbergasted, Morgan disappears as a cloud of smoke and what is left in his place is a card saying, “P.S. The Queer Magician sends his regards and hopes the one you sit on is enough to dislodge the stick already there.”

Morgan makes the clone toys disappear as he watches from the rafters in the form of a small bat. Face turning redder than the blood crystal he controls, Mohuang screams, “Find that magician girl or all of you will be punished!”

Seeing the Triad members scramble to search the warehouse, Morgan follows the irate Bloodjade. Going further into a back room with Mohuang, Morgan takes refuge in a corner. Looking around he spots his laptop and phone. Thinking quickly, he creates a clone and has it go outside the room before walking in. With a knock on the door, Mohuang looks up from his meditations. Staring back at him is 5’0” tall purple dildo wearing a suit and holding a briefcase to the side. Shambling forwards with a waddle, it clears its throat.

“Excuse me good sir. I am Solicitor Big Richard Fondel, and am here on behalf of my clients who have reported some recent abuses leveled towards them. Normally some abuse is acceptable, but my brethren have reported undue physical acts performed upon them that were not for the mutual benefit or pleasure of both parties. To start things off, I need a few signatures from you and for you to bend over the chair right there so we can see if the stick is still alive up there. My clients were quite concerned that it may be in bad health from undue stress applied to it at a constant amount over a prolonged period of time. It is with great distress that I must issue these court orders to you. Now if you would ju—” Abruptly his speech stops as Mohuang blurs forward and rips his head off with a growl.

With some writhing and undulating a new head appears and continues. “I say! If you wanted to use myself for the release of your frustrations you just had to ask. But, I must inform you that I am not made for such rough use. If you so require, I can request that another solicitor be sent who is made of a more sturdy material. While I can take some abuse, I will not be able to take too much more of this.” 

Screaming in an incoherent rage that Morgan didn’t know anyone could have, Mohaugn continues to rip into poor Richard. His performance will not be forgotten soon. Gliding down behind Mohuand, as Richard leads him out of the room, Morgan appears once more as the noticeably female Queer Magician. Grabbing his phone and laptop, he transforms back into the delivery girl with the satchel now containing his laptop and phone. Hurrying out the door, Morgan avoids being seen by Mohuang who is focussed on chasing down a surprisingly fast waddling Big Richard and the guards running after them. Strolling casually around the remaining guards and out of the warehouse, as no one seems to think twice about a delivery girl going about her business. Of course, no one would think twice if they don’t see said delivery girl as well. Sticking to the blind spots, Morgan continues on his way back.

Strolling back towards the wharfs, Morgan decides to go to the fight club and have Ricky deliver the stuff. Shifting once again, Morgan’s jacket and satchel shift to leather, the pants become biker jeans, and the shirt becomes a v-neck Bloodhound Gang t-shirt. On the back of the jacket a symbol appears. A beating heart wearing a crown surrounded by a circle of thorns. The symbol of the Queen of Hearts. On the flap of the satchel, a white laughing drama mask wearing a top hat shifts into focus. A six inch fixed blade knife materializes on his left hip hidden by the jacket. His hat’s symbol shifted to match the jacket.

Continuing with a slight skip in his step, Morgan decides to take a quick shortcut through an alley. Dodging around a dumpster and humming “Fear of the Dark” he goes forward and waves to the guys hanging out behind it.

“Oi, lassie, whaddya doin’ out so late? Do ya ken what happens to wee lil’ ladies like ye in alleys?” A giant, broad shouldered, red headed man with a bushy beard and smoking a pipe steps out and gestures around. Noticing his bare arms, Morgan can make out intricate Celtic knotwork covering his arms like bracers.

Grinning, with a flourish Morgan steps forward and lifts up his satchel to show the symbol then quickly gestures to the symbol on his hat with his left hand, while pulling the knife using his right. With the knife tip barely poking his stomach the man looks down.

“Ach, that would help, but ye betta’ walk with me.” He continues in his brogue.”Ye be lookin’ like a target.”

“Eh, I guess you must be new in town. The symbol on my hat is for the Scarlet Coterie. They run the Hotels and Red Light district. Specifically, it is the crest of the Queen of Hearts, long may she reign. Anyone who is known to have messed with a girl wearing her symbol will not meet a pretty end.” Morgan nonchalantly keeps going forward after sheathing his knife.

“Yer a lass of the night?” He gives Morgan a glance up and down.

“Nah, I’m just a delivery girl and sometimes secretary. The symbol on my bag is almost worse. It belongs to the Queer Magician. Laughed at by many, hated by all, may they screw off a bridge and drown. Rarely do they allow others to use his symbol, and if you use it without permission and they find out, you’re in for a bad time. Jokes made at your expense for at least a day.” Morgan laughs internally, as he gives his standard speech.

“An’ ne’er a thin’ ha’ been done about tha’ fool? Do’ya got the writ to use the symbol?” The man raises his brows and looks around.

“Yup, I’m making a delivery on their orders.” Reaching the end of the alley Morgan turns back and asks, “So what were you doing in the alley and what’s your name? I’m Maggie.”

“Me name’s Sean Flannagan, at yer service Maggie.” With a slight bow, Sean straightens and asks, “So where’ya goin’ fer ya delivery? Aye jus’ got in port an’ found a wee quiet place to smoke with nae one ta’ bother me.”

“I’m heading to Areana 17. The biggest and most popular Fight Club in town. Run by the Iron Maiden, with her iron fist her word is law when it comes to fight clubs. Any group that violates the standards she sets will learn to regret it when she finds out. The last group barely had survivors.” Reaching a door with a sign above it showing a 17 encircled by barbed wire, Morgan knocks a quick pattern on it. The door opens and an athletic man holding a truncheon at the ready steps out.

“You here for a delivery? Who’s the guy with you?” He asks with a curt tone as he guards the entrance.

“Yeah I got a package for Ricky to pass along. The guy’s name is Sean. He’s new to  town and decided to escort me here when he noticed I was alone.” Morgan gestures to Sean.

“Aye, it ain't proper for a wee lassie to be walkin’ alone at this time o’ night.” He says with a nod.

“Well you should know the rules, but for your big friend I’ll explain the rules. No starting fights outside the Arenas and no touching the staff. Don’t be a dick and you’ll be fine. If you fight in the Arena you get 7% of the bets made on your fight. No intentional killing and try to avoid lethal blows. Abilities or Body enhancements must be declared before a fight. If your ability does not enhance your body in a passive manner, then you may fight a non powered individual, else powered fights only. Any questions?” The guard holds open the door and motions to come in.

“Nary a question fer me, tha’ sounds like a fun time.” Sean smiles as a battle thirst lights up his eyes. Turning to Morgan he says, “Thanks fer showin’ me this place lass. Aye think aye’ll like it here. Aye haven’t had a good fight ina while.”

“No problem, Sean. I’m going to go deliver this to Ricky and then I’ll watch your fight. After that, I gotta get going.” Morgan quickly takes the halls to Ricky’s office. Knocking on the door and then entering, Morgan sees Ricky. A stocky man with a broken nose that has healed many times, greased back black hair, and knives hanging on belts strapped on in an X across his chest.

“Eyy, what’s goin’ on? Gotta package for me, I see?” Ricky loosely points a knife at the satchel. Looking closer he sees the symbol on it and he glances up sharply. “You gotta be careful whatcha put on ya bag lady. That top hatted bastard doesn’t take kindly to people using his likeness, if ya know what I mean? Not even if ya doin’ business for the Red Queen herself.”

Taking the cellphone and laptop out of the bag, Morgan chuckles and says, “Relax Ricky. If I can’t use my own likeness then what good is it?” Abruptly shifting into his Magician persona then shifting back, Morgan laughs at Ricky’s wide eyes.

“Ah ya damn Queer bastard. I shoulda known it was you.” Ricky grins and holds his arm out. Grabbing the forearm, Morgan grins back and firmly shakes it.

“I need those delivered to Iron Maiden at the Dancing Swan. Now enjoy the rest of the night. I made a new friend and promised to watch his fight.” Morgan exits the room. Behind him he can hear Ricky shout back, “It’s 3 AM. What damn night are ya talking about, ya stupid fool?”

With a smile and shake of the head, Morgan makes his way into the stands. Looking at the schedule Morgan sees that the next fight is likely Seans. It is The Rhino versus The Son of  Lugh. Laughing at the name, Morgan realizes that he met someone with quite the reputation. Afterall it isn’t everyday that you meet the wielder of Fragarach.

Morgan sees the current fight finish. Nothing special about it. A general skirmish where one guy evades and the other guy chases with the occasional clinch. He sees it end with the runner tiring out and the chaser landing a KO. Fidgeting in anticipation of the next match, Morgan grins. The Rhino is a 7’0” goliath of a man with skin like boiled leather and an actual rhino horn in place of his nose. Sean reaches 6’8” with broad shoulders, but not overly muscular. His are sculpted in a way that a working man or athlete gets, or in Seans’ case, a fighter.

“In the left corner from the depths of the Badlands we have, The Rhinooo!” The announcer echoes out, “Aaand in the right corner from the Green Isle of the Tuatha we have, The Son of Lugh! Now you two know the rules. 3!”

On the big screen the countdown begins.

“2!” The announcer shouts as the crowd hypes up cheering.

“1!” The screen ticks down.

“FIGHT!” The announcer roars into his mic, with an almost deafening sound.

Both men charge forward. The Rhino throws a fast right straight that generates a small shockwave in its path. Slipping to the right, Sean throws a fake kidney punch that gets blocked by Rhino’s left hand. Jumping up, Sean knees Rhino in the stomach, sending him sliding back a foot. 

“Ooh! Rhino darts in with a fast right straight, but this slippery Son of Lugh dodges out and follows up with a Kidney fake into a flying knee!” The announcer talks into the mic with the speed of an auctioneer.

Letting out a chuckle the Rhino cracks his neck and gestures for Sean to come and get it. Grinning like a mad man, Sean sprints forward and fakes a crescent kick to the head. Taking the bait, the Rhino blocks high as Sean transitions into a leg tangle take down. Weaving his forward foot behind Rhino’s lead foot, Sean puts his left foot over Rhino's lead ankle as he rolls into the take down. With a slam, Rhino faceplants into the stadium and cracks appear around his head as his horn stabs into the ground. Taking the lead Sean transitions into a heel hook looking ready to twist the leg further.

“It’s unbelievable! Ladies and Gentlemen did you see that!?!? A crescent fake into a rolling leg lock take-down into a heel hook! I haven’t seen such a brutal beat down since the Iron Maiden was here last!” The announcer screams as the crowd goes wild. Morgan gives grins, thoroughly enjoying the fight and thinking about how a fight between Sean and Vivian would go.

“Oi, do’ya give, or do aye hafta destroy yer knee first?” Sean asks as he turns the leg a tiny bit.

“Do your worst! I’ll heal.” The Rhino responds in his gravelly tone, and grins as he hasn’t had a fight this good since the last time he fought in the last Powered Tournament. Grinning back, Sean completes the twist ripping the Rhino’s knee ligaments to shreds. Grunting in pain, the Rhino tries to steal his leg back, but Sean slithers onto his back with the speed of a cobra and snakes his right arm around the Rhino’s neck into a rear naked choke. Standing up with the Rhino in the choke hold as pressure is applied to his carotid arteries, disrupting the flow of blood to the brain. Sean says, “G’night laddie see ya when ya wake.”

Holding the choke until he feels the Rhino go limp, Sean lets up and then carefully sets the Rhino down.

“Holy moly! Look at the brutality! This Son of Lugh is not one to take lightly! He just shredded the Rhino’s knee before sending him to sleep with a rear naked choke! This has to be one of the fastest KO’s I’ve ever seen for the Rhino! We’re not even a minute into the fight and it’s over folks!” The crowd goes wild as everyone roars in amazement. Turning towards his assistant, the announcer says, “Jamie! Pull up that final sequence, let’s see it again. I’m sure the audience wants to witness it again in slow motion. This is textbook level stuff folks.”

Morgan roars with the crowd and takes his leave towards the fighter’s area as he sees Sean helping the healers carry the Rhino into the back. Reaching the healing bay, Morgan waves at Sean and approaches.

“Enjoy’d tha’ didja, Maggie?” Sean grins as his battle high fades.

With a smile as wide as Seans, Morgan replies,”You bet I did. I have a friend who would love to fight you. Here come with me”

Motioning to follow Morgan goes into a private room. Sean glances around and says, “Oi, lassie, aye’m not lookin’ fer anythin’ right now.”

Rolling his eyes, Morgan transforms into a male version of his magician outfit. “I’m not offering sex. Just wanted to reveal that I am the Queer Magician, hated by many, laughed at by some, and potentially your friend.”

Blinking, Sean mutters, “Well, aye did nae see tha’ one commin' lassie, or is it laddie? An’ what do aye call ye? ”

“Eh, I don’t really care. Go with what you want or what fits the form. I like to keep people guessing. I had some fun pissing the local Triad off earlier tonight. Well if you are interested in a good fight. Come to the Dancing Swan and say that QM sent you or ask if the Iron Maiden is in. See ya!” Morgan finally releases his cloned form and disappears to Sean’s surprise.

2