Chapter 23 Encounter In The Market
602 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Currently on Chapter 91 on P.A.T.R.E.O.N on Signing In BTTH

Currently on Chapter 25 on the Patron-Exclusive Novel: Becoming A Heaven Defying God In Douluo Dalu (DDI Fanfic)

Exploding Attributes System In Douluo Dalu is completed there too

Line Break
***

After saying goodbye to Xun'er, Hun Han walked out onto the spacious street, he was going to buy some items that he would need on his journey, some of the items he would buy included: daily necessities such as dry food, clothing, water, etc.

There is a large distance between Wu Tan City and the Black-Corner Region. According to his estimates, it will take him one month at the earliest to leave the territory of the Jia Ma Empire.

Hun Han knew that Wu Tan City is controlled by 3 Clans and one Auction House. The 3 Clans are the Xiao Clan, Jia Lie Clan and the Ao Ba Clan, and the Auction House is the Miteer Auction House.

Currently, Hun Han is at the Market owned by the Miteer Auction House. Despite his cheap father, Hun Tian Di not liking him, Hun Han still possessed lots of money. And since he had escaped and now had the opportunity to enjoy life, why should he not? Thus, he had come to the Miteer Auction House to best the best, most useful and authentic items, which by the way, only the Miteer Auction House possessed. No other Market in Wu Tan City has items as high quality as they do.

Normally, the safety and order of the Market would be the City Lord’s responsibility, but in the face of enough benefits, the City Lord had relegated these to others.

If a person wanted to set up a stall in the Market, they would need to pay a certain commission to the Manager, that is, a certain amount of protection fee is charged. Part of the protection fee obtained is held by the Manager of the Market, while the other part is divided and sent to fill a few figures’ pockets. This would satisfy all parties and ensure order and stability in the Market as well as satisfice the Clans who, without doing any work, see their income and wealth rise by the day.

"Since there is some time before the plot begins, I am not sure if Ya Fei has been sent here by her Clan?"

Hun Han was curious and wanted to see if Ya Fei was here while enjoying the hustle and bustle of the City.

In the Market Square, shouts and calls could be heard continuously.

"I am selling Pills, I am selling Pills, I am selling the Tier 1 Healing Medicine-Wound Healing Pill, it is made by the Alchemist of the Miteer Auction House. A bottle for only 10 Gold Coins!"

While he was approaching the Miteer Auction House, he heard a pleasant sound like that of a skylark.

"Pills?"

Curious, Hun Han walked to the booth he had heard the beautiful voice from.

The stall was located in an excellent area, it was positioned right next to the entrance of the Miteer Auction House. The stall was managed by a 16-year-old girl. The girl was wearing a water-blue long dress, she had an oval face, a high nose, large eyes and long eyelashes. Placed on the table before her, were 10 jade white bottles.

The beautiful girl along with the pleasant voice attracted many people’s attention.

Hun Han picked up a jade bottle, opened it, and took a Pill. The Pill’s fragrance may shock normal people, but when you visually examine the Pill, you would see that the Pill is not spherical and does not appear to be from a professional Alchemist, it looked like it had come from a child mish mashing ingredients together than from an Alchemists Cauldron.

Such a weird, shaped Pill caused many to feel suspicious about the Pill’s medicinal properties.

"Can one even count this as a Pill?"

"That's right, if it wasn't for there being a faint fragrance from the Pill, I would think it is a ball of earth!"

"10 Gold Coins for a bottle! That is too expensive, now then, little sister, how about you sell me a bottle for 5 Gold Coins? If you do, I will certainly purchase it!"

A Tier 1 Wound Healing Pill could save a person’s life at critical moments. Usually, the price of a bottle of such Pills is 10 Gold Coins.

"No, a bottle for 10 Gold Coins. No lower than that!" The girl sternly replied.

"Look at this Pill’s shape, who knows if this is even effective, so I will buy it for 6 Gold Coins. I seriously doubt this Pill’s efficacy, no matter what price you give, I will stick with what I told you, take it, or leave it." A sly glint flashed in the middle-aged man's eyes.

"No, a bottle for 10 Gold Coins. If you do not want it, please do not stand before others, and obstruct other people! I do not have to sell it to you!" The girl curled her lips and did not give in at all.

"Hmph! What attitude! If it were not for your beauty, I would not come to your stall at all! Hmph, you think someone would even buy such defective products?!" The middle-aged man originally wanted to make a profit, but seeing this girl and her attitude, he felt that his dignity as a customer was seriously insulted, thus, he began cursing her.

Hearing his curses and harsh comments, the girl covered her misty eyes and sniffed vigorously a few times. She suppressed the tears that had reached the corners of her eyes and continued to yell: "I am selling Pills! I am selling Pills! I am selling Tier 1 Wound Healing Pills from the Alchemist of the Miteer Auction House. A bottle for only 10 Gold Coins!"

After the previous little farce, no one else tried to bargain with the little girl.

Seeing no one approach the stall, Hun Han asked aloud: "How much is this Pill?"

The girl replied, "A bottle for 10 Gold Coins!"

Hun Han pointed at the jade bottle and asked again. "What about the jade bottle, if I only want a jade bottle, can I buy it for 5 Gold Coins?"

The girl looked at Hun Han in astonishment. The price of a jade bottle is not high, a high-quality jade bottle sells at most for a Gold Coin, yet Hun Han was buying hers for 5 Gold Coins, this shocked and frightened her about his intentions.

Could it be that he wants to take advantage of her?

Hun Han continued to ask: "So, will you sell the jade bottle for 5 Gold Coins?"

The girl nodded and said: "Yes!"

Hun Han did not give the other party any room to think, he then asked again: "If I only need the Pill and don't need the jade bottle, can I buy it for 5 Gold Coins?"

The girl replied: "Yes."

Hun Han continued to ask, "Since the Pills are 5 Gold Coins and the jade bottle is 5 Gold Coins, and if I only need the Pills and not the bottle, how much will you sell it at?"

The girl replied without hesitation: "Hm, 5 Gold Coins per bottle."

"Good!"

Hun Han nodded, "I want all your Pills."

The girl smiled, she had finally sold an item! She said with joy: "Okay, where's the money?"

Hun Han smiled and said, "Do not worry about the money, I will have it in a while."

After he said that, Hun Han stood beside the girl and shouted, "Hey~ Hey~, come and take a look, come and see the freshly made Tier 1 Pill, Wound Healing Pill. As the saying goes, smoke hurts the lungs, drinks hurt the stomach, gambling and prostitution disrupt society- So do not spend money on that, it would better if you buy a Wound Healing Pill! Not only is it economical and affordable, but it also is cheap! A bottle for 8 Gold Coins. Hurry, spend good money on good and useful Items! If you do not buy it, you will miss out! Hurry, it is first come first serve, and the Pills will run out soon! If you miss this, you will regret it forever!"

Hun Han called out while holding a bottle of Pills, the crowd and the onlookers scrambled one by one to purchase the bottles. Soon, the Pills were all gone.

"Well, okay, I will buy these 10 jade bottles for 50 Gold Coins. This is the money I owe you, please take it! Anyway, thank you for our happy partnership! Goodbye Big Sister!"

Hun Han threw away the Gold Coin bag in his hand, with a happy smile on his face.

"Of course! Happy cooperation!"

The girl also looked at the booth with joy. Finally, she was sold out for the first time!

It is just that, while looking at Hun Han’s distant back, the girl furrowed her brows, suddenly feeling weird, that something was wrong. Though she did not know what!

9