Chapter 75 Then I Choose Junior Uncle Master
1.6k 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Currently on Chapter 141 on P.A.T.R.E.O.N on Signing In BTTH

Currently on Chapter 75 on the Patron-Exclusive Novel: Becoming A Heaven Defying God In Douluo Dalu (DDI Fanfic)

Line Break
***

"Are you talking about the Dou Wang from Wu Tan City?" Nalan Yanran replied thoughtfully.

"Yes, him." Nalan Jie nodded.

"Grandpa, why did you mention him suddenly?" Nalan Yanran looked at Nalan Jie suspiciously.

"Well, there is something I must tell you!"

Nalan Jie paused, and finally spoke: "When Grandpa was young, he went out to train and met a good friend, and that was your Grandpa Xiao Lin. As the relationship between us improved, we wanted to forge an even better relationship. When your mother was pregnant with you, and his daughter-in-law was pregnant with a child, the two of us thought that if the children born are girls, then they will be sisters, if they are boys then they will be brothers and if one is a boy and the other a girl, then they will be betrothed to the other and become husband and wife."

"What?!" Nalan Yanran's eyes widened. She could not believe her ears. Did she hear it wrong? Before she was born, her marriage and future had already been decided?!

"While your Grandpa Xiao Lin gained a healthy grandson, you were also born. So we betrothed you to one another. Some time ago, your grandpa Xiao Lin passed away. And now that you are not young anymore, I decided that it is time to tell you about this matter." Nalan Jie said, he touched his Storage Ring and took out a paper from it. It was her marriage agreement, he handed it to Nalan Yanran.

"Grandpa, how can you do this? My life should be governed by my choice. How can you betroth me already and without my will?! Grandpa, do you not like Yanran anymore? If you like me then you must stop this marriage !" Nalan Yanran could not accept it.

"No. This marriage has already been decided. It cannot be broken as you wish. And besides, I heard the kid is quite talented, he is a good match for you!" Nalan Jie shook his head.

"Grandpa, I do not like it. Even if he is more talented than the Junior Uncle Master, I will not marry him! I have not met him nor do I have an inkling about his personality, I do not agree with this marriage!" Nalan Yanran pouted angrily.

"It does not matter if you do not agree. This is up to the parents, not you!" Nalan Jie replied stiffly.

"My happiness! My life! You have no right to interfere with it! If you want me to marry someone then I choose Junior Uncle Master!" Nalan said sullenly.

Hun Han: "..."

Is this the legendary act, being shot while lying down?!

Nalan Jie glanced at Hun Han, this boy has a Heavenly Flame and the cultivation base of a Da Dou Shi despite being so young. He is indeed a thousand times better than that kid.

"No, I, Nalan Jie, have always kept my word! This matter is decided. We will hold your wedding when you reach adulthood!" Nalan Jie said without hesitation, he spoke in an unquestionable tone.

Nalan Yanran looked at Nalan Jie while he stared back, gradually, her eyes became misty. In her memory, the latter had never been so fierce to her. Pouting, she replied before running off: "If I want to marry, I will marry. If I do not, I will not marry!"

"Yanran! Yanran! Hey, this kid!" Nalan Jie shook his head. The kid from the Xiao Clan is already 6 Star Dou Zhi Qi, his talent can let him stand shoulder to shoulder with her. Originally Nalan Jie thought that Nalan Yanran would be happy, but he did not expect such a fierce reaction from her.

Could it be that there is already someone in Nalan Yanran's heart?

Subconsciously, Nalan Jie's eyes fell on Hun Han.

As for Hun Han, being stared at by Nalan Jie's fierce eyes is not a very good feeling.

"Let her go, I will talk to her when I have time. As a child, she will have some resistance, but I will make her understand." Yun Yun smiled, understanding this very well.

"Hm. Thank you, Sect Master Yun Yun!" Nalan Jie bowed to Yun Yun with clasped fists.

"Senior, why the politeness? Yanran is my disciple, and teaching her is my duty. Junior brother, go and check-up on Yanran, but do not let her think about the matter any further." Yun Yun smiled at Hun Han before ordering the latter.

"Me? Okay!" Hun Han nodded.

It turned out that Nalan Yanran knew that she had a fiancé long before she went to the Xiao Clan a few years later. It seems that this matter troubled her for over 11 years and Yun Yun did not want her to break the marriage, seems like Nalan Yanran decided to break it behind her Master's back or something else happened later on.

Following the direction Nalan Yanran left in, Hun Han came to the top of Misty Cloud Mountain. Nalan Yanran was sitting on the edge of the cliff, looking at the scenery in the distance.

"Yanran, committing suicide for this is a very stupid decision!"

The sudden sound behind her shocked Nalan Yanran. Looking back, Nalan Yanran cast a blank glance at the other party when she saw that it was Hun Han.

Hun Han walked to Nalan Yanran's side and sat down on the edge of the cliff and looked silently at the burning clouds and setting sun in the distance.

A little boy and a little girl, just sat quietly, enjoying the scenery and each other’s company.

"Don't persuade me!" Nalan Yanran broke the silence.

"I do not want to persuade you!"

"You really do not want to persuade me?"

"I really do not want to persuade you!"

"Tell me, how can my grandfather and father do this? I was not even born but they chose my husband for me. How can they do that? They do not even know his hobbies, character and personality, nor do they know if I like his type of personality, character and hobbies! If I have a disagreement with him and then quarrel with him for the rest of my life, would they be happy?" Nalan Yanran looked into the distance and spoke in a very calm tone.

"Of course not, but, there are no parents in the world who do not love their children!" Hun Han responded.

"If that is the case, then why did they betroth me when I was not even born?" Nalan Yanran tilted her head and asked Hun Han.

"This...I do not know. I can only say that the world is like this." Hun Han froze for a while, after all, this problem is common with this type of society. The current Dou Qi Continent is like a feudal society where the child’s marriage is determined by the parents.

Regarding this, Nalan Yanran was silent as well.

"Yanran, tell me your opinion on this. Currently, the other party is 5 years old and is already a 6 Star Dou Zhi Qi. In terms of talent, he matches you and is therefore worthy to be your husband. So why refuse this marriage? "Hun Han asked curiously.

In his previous life, he had seen a lot of gold diggers. So he knew that all women want to marry a promising man, those that do not, are as rare as Phoenix Feathers and Qilin Horns. And besides, Xiao Yan is not trash now, yet even then, Nalan Yanran is resistant to marrying him.

Nalan Yanran glanced at Hun Han and then continued to look at the burning clouds in the distance. After being silent for a while, she confided: "This...I cannot say it. However, when I heard that someone was going to arrange my marriage and future for me, I felt this deep resistance in my heart. What's more, this is my life, and my happiness is up to me!"

Hearing this, Hun Han understood. Turns out that she refused the marriage, not because of arrogance and pride in her talent and despise for Xiao Yan being trash and losing all his cultivation, but because she, like many other experts that are at and want to reach the apex, do not want their future and fate to be in the hands of and controlled by others.

4