Vol1 Ch 14: A pact with the devil!
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
*Three years ago:
 
" Your ability has a lot of potential. "
 
" What is yours? " I asked him.
 
" I don't have one. "
 
How can I feel this strong aura from him when he doesn't have one?
 
" Let's talk about yours. I assume you never opened the first door. "
 
I never understood what was he talking about.
 
He felt my confusion and added:
 
" Don't worry. I'll explain to you. "
 
He began waking and I followed him.
 
" Close your eyes, and feel every single organ from your body. "
 
I did what he told me.
 
" So tell me, what do you see? "
 
" I see nothing. " I answered.
 
" Imagine yourself swimming in an endless ocean. A bright light glittering in front of you. The more you swim the more it approaches you. "
 
" Yes, I see it. I'm almost there. "
 
" Did you touch it? " he asked.
 
The moment I tried to touch it, the ocean's current became strong and a massive storm made me snap from my dream.
 
Strength realized I wasn't successful.
 
" Your body is still rejecting your new blood. "
 
" Then what can we do? "
 
" Follow me! "
 
We went to the nursery room, I saw a few students who got hurt in training.
 
" Hello, brother Strength and brother Altruism. "
 
A young nurse greeted us.
 
" This way! "
 
We reached the end of the nursery, it was the old and rotten part of it. 
 
I understand that this facility was rebuilt, but they somehow forget this part. Or did they?
 
He opened the door of an operation room and the Holter monitor was still working. As I was wondering whose heartbeats is this, Strength put his hand on the pillow, it was a secret door.
 
 Those gadgets are so cool, we didn't have that in our world!
 
His hand was scanned and the bed flipped automatically, It was like a basement door.
 
After opening it, we found ourselves in an elevator that is transporting us down. 
 
" I'm wondering, why you guys don't have a symbol? " I asked him.
 
" The symbol is in our hearts, also it will only make us easy targets when doing our missions. "
 
He's got a point though.
 
We finally arrived, it was full of lights.
 
So many lights and people. The factory was so noisy.
 
Yeah, it wasn't a room. It was like a whole other facility underground.
 
A doctor greeted us.
 
" Brother, do you need something? "
 
" Yes, brother. We need to make a brain maintenance to Altruism. "
 
" Fine, follow me. "
 
The number of scientists, doctors engineers is endless. Everyone is working.
 
Two things caught my attention the most.
 
" Strength, what is behind that door? "
 
" It's another facility. " he answered.
 
How many facilities do you guys have? I would love to meet the one who architected this place. 
 
Even in my previous life, I respect the persons who were geniuses in their jobs. I craved creativity and a precise work of art. Every job was well deserved, that's one of the reasons my era of ruling was prosperous.
 
The doctor added:
 
" We call that facility, the frozen death. It's where we keep the bodies of captured enemies and fellow brothers and sisters whose age is 30. "
 
I've been wondering about that. Why the hell is everyone so young?
 
In my previous world, the age of puberty for a human was 12 years old.
 
" What is the age of puberty in this world? " I asked.
 
" It depends on the person. But for most cases, it's 16 years old for females and 18 years old for males. "
 
That's a lot.
 
" And 30 years old is very old, that's why you froze them? "
 
" No. " Strength answered my question.
 
He added:
 
" 30 is the peek of youth, it's when the person reaches his full potential That's why we need all the brothers and sisters at that age in the judgment day. "
 
" So you need all of us at our full potential for the last war of humanity with the guidance of Gidakrya against the gods. "
 
" That's right. "
 
Will, they froze me too?
 
Like if I let them to. I will crush anyone who steps in my way.
 
" What about this? Is that a reactor? I thought we shouldn't use Gidakrya's energy? "
 
" We shall never harness his power without his holy permission. Absorbing his highness powers is limited to certain rules. Also, we have his blessings and it's all for the cause. "
 
I wasn't convinced, but I shall go with it for now.
 
 
We went to the brain operation room.
 
They put on me a headband and I could see a holographic picture of my brain.
 
" Simulating your neurons. "
 
As the doctor was leveling the intensity of the machine I began hearing some weird voices.
 
" I want you to calm down. You're entering the REM state  ( rapid eye movement ) You will begin hearing voices and seeing pictures. I want you to not freak out. "
 
His voice was glitching as I suddenly found myself in an empty place. Only a massive tree was in front of me.
 
Wait where are the burning stains on my arm. 
 
I feel my hair touching my shoulders. 
 
When have I ever had a long hair?
 
I snatched a strand from my hair and it was pure white.
 
I had to make sure of one last thing.
 
Yes!
 
I'm sure of it, now. These sword scars on my chest. 
 
This is my old body.
 
 
" I've been waiting for you, Alkatraz. "
 
The voice came from behind. It had the shape of a human, but he somehow was blurred. I was only seeing him as a golden ghost.
 
" Are you Gidakrya? "
 
" In the flesh and blood. "
 
" What is this tree? "
 
" Oh don't tell me you don't know our Allfather's godly tree. " he asked ironically.
 
" Wait, were you chosen too? "
 
" Our father loves to play games, doesn't he? "
 
" Yeah, I can relate. "
 
He then sat on the ground and asked me to do the same. I know that position. He will give me an offer.
 
" Why don't we make a deal, Alkatraz? " he grinned.
 
" I'm all ears. "
 
" Allfather betrayed us both. We thought we were chosen but we were really just his part-time toys. "
 
" What do you suggest? "
 
" You want your old life back, I want my old life back. If we kill our father we will have our goals fulfilled. "
 
" How? "
 
" I will lend you my powers. You will help my followers to bring me back then we join forces in the last war. "
 
" Deal! " 
 
This was a life chance I should not miss.
 
Five doors appeared between me and Gidakrya.
 
Suddenly the first door opened.
 
" What about the rest of the doors, Gidakrya? " 
 
I thought he was willing to lend me his powers.
 
" We're both imperial lords, Alkatraz. Do you think I'll do such an amateur move and give you my powers all at once? You must prove yourself first. "
 
" And I was wondering why your enemies called you the red fox. "
 
" Prove yourself worthy, I shall give you my powers. "
 
I began hearing the doctor's voice.
 
" Until we meet again. "
 
The ghost disappeared.
 
 
When I opened my eyes they were radiating a blue color.
 
" You did it. You fucking did it! "
 
It was the first time I saw Strength excited.
 
 
*Modern time:
 
I remembered the deal I had to make with Gidakrya as we were sitting on the plane.
 
" So you've met the big guy? " 
 
Faith whispered in my ears.
 
I smiled as if nothing happened.
 
That bit** loves to torture people's minds.
 
I will respect the deal but I will definitely kill her.
 
Like this chapter for more!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
0