Vol1 Ch 16: Love and strength! ( part two )
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Lara's POV:

While I was training in my room doing push-ups, I heard someone raise the alarm.

It was coming from the baron's cell.

I had someone in mind, only I wished it was not true.

I'll never fight a comrade, these people are the only family I have left.

When I reached the cells, I found the others there.

 

Peace did her thing and my guessing was correct when Nobility attacked us from above.

 

" Nobility, Please. Let's end this without blood! "

 

I begged him but he wouldn't stop.

That creature was insanely strong, we couldn't do anything. Your sister chose to sacrifice herself in order for us to survive.

We can't waste the years she had given to us, fighting with each other, not until we fulfill our goal.

 

A goal, what is it?

 

To think of it, I don't have a goal.

 

Why am I fighting?

 

Why did I join the children of Gidakrya in the first place?

 

I remember being a spoiled noble girl, that was removed from all her titles.

Yes, removed because of a terrible sin, the sin of selfishness and egoism.

 

 

My father was the third son of the head of the Nakhi family, one of the 13 powerful families controlling Aramelia.

In our customs, a boy is worth more than all girls combined. For my bad luck, I was the youngest female sibling after twelve sisters. The older sister I had closer to my age was five years above me, I had only one little brother around my age.

As the only boy in the family, he was raised in a very special way. We couldn't talk to him, nor play with him. For that reason, I was feeling lonely most of the time.

Yet, my younger brother was a very adorable and gentle guy.

He would understand my loneliness and sneak out to play with me.

We would play the queen and her brave knight.

Later, the maidens would notice it and I would have a terrible beating for playing with him.

I remember he stopped playing with me when one day he'll realize I was bleeding.

He was afraid I would get hurt because of him again.

My brother was not only adorable but very smart. He was the pride of the family and academically he was the best.

 

Ten years have passed, and now, things weren't strict as they used to be. We can now talk to him and eat together.

One day when I was having a hard time doing my homework. He came to my room and sat next to me:

" I heard from the maidens that you're having a hard time, maybe the buffle-headed knight will be of favor to her majesty."

 

I remembered vividly this scene as it was the very last one with him.

 

Suddenly, three flaming torches destroyed the windows, and the fire spread through the room.

The walls began crumbling, but my brave knight held my hand and gave me the courage to escape with him.

The moment we reached the door, the pillar of the corridor fell and he pushed me.

I heard his screams as he was stuck:

" Lara! Help me! "

That was the first time I heard him calling my name.

The more time passes, the more the flames will spread.

The door will eventually be absorbed by the flames.

I was in front of two choices, either take this chance and escape through the door or help him.

I didn't know how much time will take me to help him, but one thing I knew was that the door will not hold for too long against the flames.

 

I decided to escape.

 

" I will definitely call for help, don't worry! "

" LARA! NO! "

And thus, I encountered the guards and told them about everything, but it was too late.

The moment they put out the fire, my brother was left as a grilled corpse. As I saw the scene, my legs began shaking. I was not ready for this. As I got closer, I saw one part that was safe from the blackness: it was his eyes. They had tears on them, orange tears merged with the flames.

" This is not true, this is not true! "

The maidens were weeping.

My father fell to the floor.

At this moment of grief, that same maiden who always ratted about me playing with my brother spoke:

" You had the chance to save him! "

My father, shocked by what he heard, choked me with his bare hands.

As I was losing my breath, I saw the grief and pain look at my father's eyes.

He was dead already.

My mother begged him to let me go, but he wouldn't until she ordered the guards to split us.

" IT WAS YOU WHO SHOULD'VE DIED! IT WAS YOU WHO SHOULD'VE DIED " he kept shouting with trauma.

The guards held me, and the next thing I saw, was me getting thrown in an old cell, full of rats.

" PLEASE, LET ME GO! "

I begged the guard.

" I'm so sorry, my little lady but I'm just following the orders. " said the guard while shutting the door.

I had a trauma of screaming until someone within the dark shouted at me:

" SHUT THE FUC* UP AND LET ME SLEEP! "

My sadness quickly turned into fear.

I rushed towards a corner staying near the door and the little light emerging from it.

I heard about violation cases because of these animals. I was prepared if he dared to touch me, I would call for help from the guards.

 

" You know no one will hear you scream, right? " he said.

 

I suddenly heard the cracking voices approaching and I can feel his presence in front of me.

He had a very young face with a scar under his left eye.

0