Vol1 Ch 17: Love and strength! ( last part )
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I screamed so hard but as he said, no one answered.

" Now, I'll ask you nicely! Shut the fu** up and let me sleep. "

 

I nodded approvingly.

 

" Very nice. "

 

He then left me and disappeared behind the darkness of the massive cell.

I tried to sleep but pictures of my brother haunted me. Also, I had a constant fear of rats.

Guilt was my loneliness friend until the morning came and the guard opened the cell's door.

" My little lady, can you come with us! "

We all went upstairs, strangely the hall was empty.

We reached my father's room and fear struck my heart.

I have never reached this door as it was forbidden to us.

The guard knocked on the door and it was opened.

Multiple terrified, angry, griefing faces greeted me.

At the end of the room, there was my father's desk and a bald man with a golden robe sitting next to him.

The bold man spoke:

" Lady, Larissa Laura Nakhi of the Nakhi house, 13'th daughter of Abraham Nakhi and Norissa Benith. Following the maidens and guards' testimony, and following the holy book's instructions section Law&Humans part one act 11, you are guilty of treason. Your sentence will be the removal of all your titles and painful death. "

" I have an objection! " my mother interfered.

" What is it, milady? "

" I use my right given me by the lord as the countess of the house to reduce the sentence. "

" Very well, milady. Due to the holy right and act of mercy, the culprit Larissa Laura Nakhi is sentenced to a quick death with the removal of her title as a noble. "

The bald man turned into my father and waited for him to say something.

He, never looking at my face said: " Tomorrow at noon! "

" Very well, milord. "

" NOOO!" my mother jumped towards me as the guards were taking me away.

I screamed: " Mother, please. Don't leave me! "

Suddenly, I was thrown into the same room.

I understood that my sentence will be tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I will say goodbye to my dreams of the future, to become a queen.

The guard gave the scar guy food. 

He asked me while eating:

" Where's your food?"

I answered:

"Death sentence traditions are that the sentenced must not eat or have sex before the sentence. It was in order for him to focus and think about the consequences of his act, and ask for forgiveness from God." 

" Bullshit! " he replied.

" Watch your tongue! "

" I repeat, that is bullshit! There is only one true God, and it is the god of strength. "

" God of strength? " I asked.

" Yes, Gidakrya! "

He looked in his seventeens, but his voice sounded older.

" Can you tell me more about this Gidakrya? "

He then told me about his god, the seven commandments, Gidakrya's conquest to heal the world from its sins.

For him, the weakest must be erased by natural selection, only the strongest remains.

I had only one question to ask him:

" Will this god of yours, be able to save me? "

" Your soul is still tainted, Gidakrya will give you a chance to salvation! "

" That's not an answer! "

" You should eat first! "

" No! "

" Then you don't deserve saving. "

" Fine, if you insist! Land me from- "

He gave me his whole plate.

" Take it, you need it way more than I do! "

" But-"

" I said take it! "

Without further waiting, I began to eat.

He then asked me:

" You should have an interesting story! How a noble lady is thrown to rats? "

I told him the whole story, and when I reached the incident point, images of my brother haunted me again and I began shaking.

" What you did was no sin, love of self is never a sin, it's strength. "

" What do *sob* you mean? "

"Self-preservation is a process of natural selection, you were strong to hold into life, unlike your brother who was weak. "

I needed those words, it gave me a little courage to face what's awaiting me.

We spent the rest of the night chatting, and talking about Gidakrya's teachings.

I didn't realize it was noon when finally the guards opened the cell's door.

That guy, stayed up all night just to cheer me up.

As the guards were taking me to the execution room, one thing that kept bothering my mind, I didn't ask for his name.

We reached a very white room with a pastor waiting for me beside a bed. He was carrying a needle in his hand.

" NO! NO PLEASE! I DON'T WANT TO DIE! "

I heard my mother's voice as they put the headband on me.

 

" Mother, I'm afraid. I'm afraid of the dark. "

 

" I'm right here, my sweet child. I'm right here! "

 

I felt a warm hand holding my hands.

 

" Mommy, please tell them not to kill me. I don't want to die. "

 

" Don't worry, my sweet child. Everything will be fine. Look mommy's here. "

 

She held my hand stronger than before.

 

" Mommy it's dark here. Mommy where are you?"

 

" I'm here child, I'm always right here. "

 

" Mommy, what happens after we die? "

 

" We go to heaven to meet our Lord, my child. "

 

" Mommy, will I go to heaven? "

 

She kept silent.

 

As I felt a cold needle piercing through my flesh, I remembered the young man's sayings. I prayed for this Gidakrya.

I prayed for a second chance at life.

As I was fainting, fainting slowly, feeling drowsy. I will now sleep eternally.

 

 

 

" Hey, wake up! "

 

 

I opened my eyes. Corpses were scattered everywhere and the execution room was in flames.

 

" Is this hell? " I asked.

 

" Hurry up, we don't have time. "

 

It was the scar-faced man.

After that incident, I thought I will never deserve a knight with shining armor anymore. Guess, I was wrong.

" But, how? How am I still alive? I remember they already put the needle on me. "

He grabbed a small empty bottle from his pocket.

" You mean this? "

" What's that? "

" It's an antidote! "

We reached outside when a massive jet plane was waiting for us.

" Don't worry, those are our friends! "

As we entered the plane, I saw two persons: A very young girl with a long staff and a smiling muscular massive man with grey hair.

" This is our brother and sister: Altruism and Faith! "

" Hello, everyone! " I greeted them awkwardly.

" This is Love, she will be joining us. "

" It's nice to meet you, Love. " The grey-haired man greeted me.

What? Why Love? My name is Lara.

I only love myself. Why would he call me that?

I guess I will know the answer after all these years have passed.

When I saw that sacred beam aimed at little Altruism and Peace jumping to save him, it gave me a clear answer of what is my goal, and why my name is Love.

Why are my legs are acting indifferently?

Why am I jumping to save them?

I will die. However, I think I'm ready to die now.

I guess my sentence that day was just postponed until later until my soul is cleared.

 

◊FINAL ACT: LOVE AND STRENGTH!◊

 

*explosion*

 

Ah! My pain receptors were all destroyed, it explains why am I feeling nothing.

 

However, my vision was not hurt. I can see the look in your eyes guys. Don't cry, please or I will cry too.

 

I tried to speak, tried to tell them to not worry about me:

 

"I'm glad that you're alive, guys! "

 

" NOOOO! " Faith screamed.

" Love? " 

Little Altruism approached me.

" My little Altruism, I don't know why you are special to the big guy, but it's you who I need to thank. Because of you, I had several years of salvation, because of you I will die with no regret or fear. Thank you my little. "

" Don't say that, please. Love! Hang on! The medical team is coming! "

" Please, little Altruism. Don't say much. Let me enjoy the silence finally. I can no longer hear those whispers haunting me. One thing, before I go! I can know the darkness in everyone as I too suffered from it, I don't know your reasons, but I know that there is light deep in you. Don't let your darkness consume it. Will you promise me, my little? "

" Love, don't leave us! Please! " 

 

" It's Lara, everyone. It's Lara Nakhi. "

 

I said while a few tears fell into my mouth.

 

They were orange tears.

 

" Oh, the irony! "

 

Suddenly, I saw a young boy smiling at me.

 

" Did I make you wait for too long? "

 

 

" I was always waiting for you, your majesty. "

 

 

 

 

It was my final smile as I heard his voice once again.

 

 

 

⌈Name = Larissa Laura Nakhi aka Love

 Statut= Dead ⌋

*Sobbing*

1