Chapter 02: Killing Orcs
427 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our party has been approaching an old Orc mine for days, and it has finally gotten into our reach.

We never are just at one place at once. That would be just a waste of our resources. Even though most of us stay together to form this body, we are numerous enough that we can easily take watch of what is happening roughly 600 feet to every direction.

Which was exactly the old mine distance, now.

We don’t see movement neither do we hear anything, but we enter covered by the shadows of the cave.

There are 7 orcs just around the entrance, we notice. Probably ready to kill anyone that ventures inside. A little deeper we find 5 more Orcs, around other corner we find 4 more. Most of them are armed with small swords and axes, but there’s a big one with a mace twice the size of its head. Finally, we find a room with 12 Orcs, two of them being strongly more armored than the others and positioned at the end of the room. They are guarding a wooden door, but we pass under it. There aren’t many places we can’t enter.

Inside, we find 3 more orcs and we recognize the one we are hunting this time. He led the destruction of 8 villages. They burned, kill and profaned.

So, the Shinning Siblings decided to do something about it.

There was no immediate danger and all the enemies were accountable for, so we decide to wait. Once we are closer, we say:

“I have eyes on them.” – Which for them translates as “I used my Clairvoyance to search for the enemies”.

“Are they in your reach?” –Asks Diego, and by that he means if we can use our “Pain Magic” on them. We nod.

We’d already started positioning ourselves. The good part of being so small, is that we are often overlooked, even when we start walking into people’s body. We entered the cracks in their armor, found the holes in their clothes. We are in all of them, including the four ones hidden in the middle of the forest.

He acknowledges us, and the others start to get ready.

Rosa uses her wind magic to jump to the top of the threes, where she’ll approach unnoticed and guarantee that things go smoothly. With her magic, her shoots travel way faster than normal, which gives her an incredible range. But what is really scary about her is her precision. No one should be able to disarm someone holding a hostage from 300 feet away by shooting in their hand, but she is.

We saw her doing it. Twice.

Daniel starts reciting some enchantments. Lucas takes his twin knifes and starts to play with them with his hands. He is smiling. Anna is smiling too, walking just beside him. Those two usually are, when there’s a fight to come.

Diego draws his sword, the Final Whisper, a monstrosity almost as large as he his.

-“Do it” – He says.

So we do it.

Our “Pain Magic” is what we convinced them was happening, when we start biting. Inside of each of our bodies there’s a strong toxin created from Poneratoxin. Just a small dose, and Orcs have a thick skin. But our jaws are strong, we bite more than once and we always attack together.

Their screams reach all of us.

In a matter of seconds, we see chaos rise among the Orcs.

Three of the four hiding in the forest fell from the threes, in their urge to stop the bites. Inside the mine, two Orcs start rolling on the floor, desperate.  Some tear apart their clothes, some rub their bodies on the walls, and some even hit themselves. All of them yell.

We start dying at the dozens. Orcs tear us off from them and step on us, smash us, hit us with their weapons, their spells. We break, we bleed, we burn.

The chief storms out of the room and starts giving orders, his battle hammer on his hand. A few of the Orcs are more organized, some run to the entrance to defend their post.

The first falls with an arrow on his right eye.

Another arrow follows, and another Orc screams. They rise their shields, look for cover, arm themselves. They are still unsure of what is happening, they are tired and hurt, and some of them already died. A few seemed to be holding it better and were trying to coordinate with the others.

Then Anna appears running from the trees and jumps straight to the middle of them.

She lands on an Orc holding its shield and takes him with her fall. She starts rolling the second she touches the floor, and lands a punch straight to another Orc jaw. We see its teeth shattering, and we know this one is out of the fight. She dodges a sword blow coming from her right and hits its maker with her first, on the middle of its stomach.

The Orc falls on his knees.

The one that was used to cushion her fall starts to get up, only to receive an arrow to its neck and lay for the last time.

Both Lucas and Diego join the fight now. A little behind Anna, but no one can really get anywhere faster than her.

When he is close enough, Lucas throws one of his knifes on the head of the nearest Orc. He gathers it back and then dodges a hit, then another. The Orcs cut just air. Some even slash into the complete wrong direction. Lucas keeps dodging, and the Orcs pay the price at each turn. A cut to the wrist here, a slash to the thigh there. Every time that he moves his knives, blood spills. And he moves his knifes a lot.

Diego, otherwise, kills them every time that he swings.

With his enormous blade, and his incredible strength, few are the creatures that can withstand one of his blows. And he is not just a big guy with a sword, he is better with it than any other human than we have ever seen.

An Orc conjures a fireball at him, trying to attack from behind. He spins with a powerful speed and cut the magic in half. He spins again, and the Orc is cut in half too.

Orcs die, unable to do anything about it. When they focus too much on the ongoing fight they miss the arrow coming for their heads. When they appear to be getting back to their feet, we inflict the double of the bites, fill their bodies with pain.

The one with the big axe swings it at Diego and he meets it head on with his sword. His surprise at being stopped was enough to cost him the fight, as Diego moves and cuts his head with a single blow.

Only seven Orcs remained when their Chief joined the fight.

Anna was the first at him. Her enchanted reflexes let her easily through the remained Orcs, breaking a jaw on her way. She always fought bare hands, wearing a pair of golden knuckledusters. With her strength, though, she could do as just damage without it. The knuckles were mostly for defensive purposes. 

He strikes at her and she jumps back at the last moment. His hit creates a small crater on the floor and we feel the vibration thought the air. In the next second he was already striking again. And again. But she keeps dodging. He is fast, and each of his strikes is faster and stronger than the last one, but she keeps avoiding them.

Then, when he was starting to get used to her movements, she punches right back into one of his blows.

The impact throws her away, but she was waiting for it. She rolls on her feet, and starts running back at him. The Chief, otherwise, was definitely caught off guard. He falls on his back and drops his hammer, which was now out of his reach.

We see how Anna broken arm starts to straighten as she run, the fresh healing, and the bones being put into place. As always, Daniel is watching the fight from a short distance away, and heals our party the moment they are hit. There’s a limit from what he can do, even though we still haven’t see it. Instantaneous distance healing. It took a lot of his power, but his power was huge.

As the Chief starts to get up, Anna hits him with a kick to his ribs. He yells, but his voice is muffed with a punch to his teeth. A kick to his waist. A punch to his shoulder.  With every hit, she was breaking something. And the Chief wasn’t healing.

There’s no Orcs left. Lucas killed the ones that tried to help the chief in his fight. None of them had less than 15 cuts on their bodies. Their corpses pilled on his path.

It’s was nice contrast to the body parts that surrounded Diego.

We wondered which ones got the worst fate.

-“That, was stupid.” –Diego said, staring at Anna.

-“That, was fucking badass.” – Lucas corrects, giving her a wide grin.

-“I needed to finish it fast, before he used that freaking magic of his. You can agree that none of us wanted that.”- She answers, while she cleans the blood on her hands. The mess that is now the Chief lies in front of her .There’s nothing on him that doesn’t look broken. –“That was the plan, wasn’t it?”

He offers no further comment, and enters into the mine. Lucas follow, laughing and repeating “fucking badass”. Rosa lands besides Daniel, and the two start chatting. We join them, coming from the threes.

The Shinning Siblings. The best of what humanity has to offer. They are all Monsters, on their own way.

So it seems fit that we stay with them.

20