20: McGrith’s Arrogant Boy
102 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Actually I see some people come out of that thing but they looked like a noble so I'm a bit scared to say it"

"Me too, but I didn't remember from which house they came from"

*MURMUR MURMUR*

Oh, looks like these people actually seen us entered the restaurant but afraid to spill the beans, and that noble boy is so high of himself I wonder from which nobility he came from.

"He- hey, isn't that the kid that came out of that thing earlier?"

"You're right, why'd I didn't realize it earlier"

*MURMUR MURMUR*

"Hey you! The black one! Come here!"

"*looking around*Me?"

"You dare ignoring me?! Come here quick!?"

I was purposely playing dumb with this pompous boy and yet he got this pissed with that play, looks like I'm about to fight such cheap bastard that's so high on the clouds he didn't realize he'll fall harder because of it, I then walk towards him slowly while maintaining eye contact.

"Ugh! How dare you looking me into the eye you peasant!? Do you know who I am?!"

"Oh, then excuse my rudeness but may I know who you are? Because I just arrived in this city yesterday"

"Hmph! Just so you know, I, Kyle McGrith, am the son of the richest Baron in this country!"

...just a Baron? Really? I thought he was at least a Marquess or even a Duke's son but a Baron? Did his father's riches were as big as the whole country combined or something?

"Then let me introduce myself, this peasant's name's Leony Sanjaya dear sir McGrith"

Just look at him feeling all that high just because I put 'sir'before his family's name, I afraid you'll hit the moon if I gave you more compliments.

“Now tell me, did you know who’s this thing owner is?”

“Of course I know it, it was me”

“… you better be not joking peasant”

“Heh, did I stutter?”

“You!?”

He got mad again and immediately grabbing my collar but what this midget can even do? He’s literally lower than me in terms of height even I’m not flinching when he’s pulling my collar.

“Is this all you can get midget? I didn’t even budge an inch you know?”

“Grrh! What’re you guys doing?! Give this kid a lesson for mocking a noble!”

Oho, you failed to bring me to the ground so now you ordering your henchmen to do that? That’s fine to me.

“Oh mister, you want to join too? Here, hit me here”

“Wha- this brat!”

The first guy with hulking body swinging his right leg to kick me and…

*CRACK!*

“GAH! MY LEG!”

“Hoi hoi! You okay?! You little-“

The second guy with much more smaller muscle trying to punch me with his right hand targeting my head with full power and then…

*CRUSH!*

“AAHHH!? GHH! SHI-!”

If you guys wondering what’s just happened, I was using one of my spell that I guarantee you might laugh and the spell was called [uno reverse], its effect was as you guessed it, reversing any kind of effects of any kind of attacks and then send it back to the attacker by 2 folds.

“Hey! What happen to you guys?! Get up and beat that kid!”

“Ah…let me explain what have happened to them, that big guy had snapped his leg while that other guy had crushed his hand, the pain is real for sure”

His face become seething red mostly because he’s holding his anger while he himself unable to fight me back, well I’m guessing if he can’t bring me down with force then he might use his privilege of being a noble’s son, unfortunately that’ll never happen for him as my companies will appear about…now.

“What have happened here? I also heard some people screaming in pain”

Mrs Ramona stepped out of the restaurant followed by Felipe and the other, some people immediately recognized who she is while some others still guessing.

“Are you Madame Ramona?! Thank goodness, I was about to ride my new carriage but then this kid showed up and injuring my bodyguards! I hope you can arrest him immediately!”

Wow, easy there partner, just a moment she had appeared and you already made such a bad lie right in front of us? Do you think that kind of trick always works like a charm every time you use it?

“Isn’t you the Baron McGrith’s son?”

“Oh yes! I feel honored that a person like madame remember someone like me”

“Hm…hey Leony, when did you give this Baron McGrith’s son your car?”

“To be honest madame, I didn’t remember ever giving this midget any of my own except my time and attention”

“Wha-“

Did you surprised now? Did your expectations shatters right in front of your fu*kin face? I’ll make sure to make you never ever doing this kind of b*llsh*t ever again.

“Quit your lying! Where’s your proof that you’re the owner?!”

“What makes you think madame Ramona here isn’t the very proof I did own that so called ‘your carriage’”

“I did ride that car all the way from Whitfield’s resident itself”

*MURMUR MURMUR*

Checkmate you arrogant midget, you think you can be all high and mighty all you want then-

“But that’s still doesn’t remove the fact that you attacked my bodyguards!”

… you still didn’t want to lose huh? Alright.

“you two hear me out, I promise I’ll heal you both and let this one slide for one condition, tell anyone the truth, do you agree?”

Both of them stares at each other and then both nodded in agreement, a moment later the big guy opened his mouth.

“…yes yes, actually we were thugs that’s being paid by his father, Baron McGrith, to follow him around and scare the people if he wanted something, that’s all it”

“That’s good enough”

*SNAP!*

“My, my leg’s not hurt anymore!”

“My- my hand too!”

Just by a flick of my fingers and all of their injuries healed almost instantly leaving anyone in awe, some people were even impressed that I didn’t reciting any kind of incantation verbally, I even heard some people said that even the most professional mages must recites an incantation to make their magic works.

“Okay, now that you both have been healed, I need both of you to follow me to nearby guard post, we need to ask you both some questions, as for Baron McGrith’s son, I’ll contact your father to discuss today’s events”

Both of them agreed to follow Mrs Ramona after being promised to not be arrested if they were cooperative, on the other hand that McGrith midget leaving by his own after we called a carriage all while fuming in defeat.

I gave the two thugs a ride before dropped them at nearby guard post, Mrs Ramona also talked to one of the guard for a few minutes explaining what have happened and some other things, later she come back into my car.

“Alright, how about a few more tour while going back to the mansion?”

I throw up a suggestion to continue the tour as to lighten up our mood after that unfortunate event, I’ll not object though if we going straight back to Whitfield’s mansion after this.

“I’m okay with it, I need to cool down my head anyway, that noble boy pissed me off really bad”

“Oh? Did you mad for your sister Auguste? That really is my boy”

“Ah mom! Stop petting my head!”

*LAUGHTER*

We then continued our tour after some good laughs, we drove around the town commercial district while also stopped by some places to shop.

It was already dusk when we finished shopping at a boutique Mrs Ramona’s favorite, even the back of my car is filled to the brim with so many stuff we’ve bought, mostly were Mrs Ramona’s.

It got quite dark as we going back so I lights up the car’s headlights which were very bright with its white light, I also lights up the cabin lights so it can be bright inside which amazed everyone inside except me.

The Whitfield’s guards and servants was also amazed by my car as we arrived at the mansion, the servants were quickly unload our things at the back of my car as we getting out of the car, like usual I stored my car again after they done unloading our things.

We immediately head inside and then taking a shower then changed into our night clothes before we heading to the dining room where Mr Ed and Marc awaits us, we eat our dinner all while telling our experience of this day tour including that unfortunate event.

Mr Ed sighed because he just got another complaint letters about McGrith again this morning and it was the tenths of times he received the same thing for past 2 or 3 years, he can’t so something about it as it was beyond his authority and there’s also little to no evidence to convict Baron McGrith.

I immediately butting in to break this bad mood from developing any further, as I’ve thought I need to end this problem and remove it to the roots for once and all.

After dinner I told mother and my bro to go sleep first as there’s something I need to take care of, mother were okay with it and also told me to go sleep if it’s done.

I then going to the library using my phone as flashlight, it’s so dark and quiet as the servants also already went to bed, at the library I take a seat near a window where there’s 4 moons on the sky this night.

I’m scrolling through contacts in my phone then called someone, I told them this and that while also receiving some reports from them before I closed the call, after that I just sit there watching the night sky.

To be honest I was preparing something in secrecy these past two years without even mother knowing a thing, something that I’ll use to smoother things in the future, it’s also something that concerning a person that’s special for both mother and brother.

Maybe it’s the right time to finally introduce it to the world and to give this world a sight of it, yeah maybe after I’ve done visiting the adventurer guild tomorrow.

I stopped staring the night sky and decided to head into bedroom the same way I used to go into the library, in the bedroom I see mother and brother already asleep so I move silently to not wake them up.

I crawled under the blanket beside my mother and then praying to God Abner for a bit before I shut my eyes and going to dream land.

4