Chapter Three: Explain.
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Annabelle’s Point of View

 

I’m here resting my back on my favorite tree. I first fell in love with this tree as I was looking for a nice place to rest on my first day here. This wonderful tree of mine is located at the very end of the picnic field in this university campus. Hah.. what a peaceful day.. 

 

“Annie.. Annie… Annie.. ANNIE!! ANNABELLE!!” I opened my eyes to see a girl with honey brown hair standing, as I lay seated on the ground. “Stephanie, don't bother her.” Kara, my childhood friend from back in my hometown, says while approaching us. Stephanie, who was standing, sat down beside Kara. “Have you eaten?” Kara asked me. “I have.. I was having a wonderful banquet filled with scrumptious meals until I was woken up by a certain someone.” I said annoyed. “Hey!! Meanie..” Stephanie pouts looking away from me. “So? Have you eaten?” Kara asked again. I sighed and shook my head. “I don’t have an appetite” I reasoned. 

 

“By the way, you never told us we would be having an acquaintance party at your cousin’s resort.” Ah... that’s because I didn’t know. Samena Inn, my cousin France’s resort, is a famous place where weddings, shootings for movies and drama series, and all kinds of events are usually held. Because of the amazing, homey and fancy ambience it has, the event rooms and areas are always reserved and the rooms always fully booked. There are three different areas. One being fancy, and the other being nature themed and a calm homey area for families. The land where the resort is, is owned by my family. It was a land that belonged to France’s father, my father’s younger brother. 

 

“I wasn’t informed about it at all. In short, I have no idea.” I told them. “I wonder who requested the acquaintance party.. I feel like it’s the Dean who suggested this.” Kara says. “It’s obviously Selene, the dean’s daughter.” Stephanie rolls her eyes as sips her drink. “That’s true but I doubt she’s the reason this time.” Kara falls silent trying to analyze the reason. I sighed and looked at them as they looked at me with confused faces. 

 

“Explain. It seems you are forgetting something, my ‘dearest’ friend, Stephanie.” Her eyes widened and sipped her drink vigorously. “Hey look at the time we should get going-” She was about to stand up when Kara pulled her to sit again. Stephanie took a deep breath and explained the scenario this morning. 

 

“Actually.. She insulted you girls, specifically you Annie and I couldn’t just keep quiet.” She placed both of her index fingers together with her thumbs up. “I appreciate you standing up for us but it would be nice if you could make such a huge fuss about it. How many times have we told you to ignore her?” I told her. I am genuinely concerned for Stephanie. She has gone through a lot because of that “Selene” woman. They used to be friends until Selene became popular. Stephanie said that Selene started criticizing everything she was doing and that brought them apart. 

0