Chapter Six: A Small Mystery
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Am I that unworthy of your attention Annabelle?” 

My eyebrows twitch as I hear that voice. He’s still there? For a while, I completely forgot his existence... “Who’s he?” August leaned on my shoulder and asked. I sighed and turned my head to where Drayson was standing. “You’re still following me? Should I consider this as stalking?” As I say this, August leans on me again to whisper... “Hey sis should I..?” I instantly looked at him and said “Don’t. I can handle this.” August And I had these emergency buttons on our phones when we needed help or backup. So far, I haven’t used mine. “Go ahead,” I told him. August hesitated at first but thankfully he left. 

“I’ll only ask once, what do you want from me?” I glared at him. “I never knew you had a brother.” Why does he keep prying on my business? “What is it to you? I don’t have to tell you my whole life story, do I?” He laughed. Was there something funny in what I have said? He went near me. “What the?! hey-!” As I reacted, he said, “You left your phone during the second period.” He hands me the phone I apparently ‘left’ and he stares at me. A few seconds later he chuckles. He bends down and whispers something in my ear. “I heard earlier today you broke and left your phone during the fourth period.. It seems you have two phones. You should really take care of your belongings. You never know what might happen” What is he implying?? “I’ll be taking my leave. See you around hun~” he walks away waving. I then left and headed to one of my favorite spots around the High School and College campus.

I looked at ‘my’ phone and to my surprise, I realized this wasn’t one of my ordinary phones. This is definitely not mine... Why is this here? The phone suddenly rang and I decided to answer it. “Seems like you’ve found the phone I placed inside your notebook” The voice was familiar but I couldn’t quite remember who the voice belonged to. “Who are you?” I asked. “I’m hurt you don’t remember me. No worries, I’ll be sending you a letter soon. Look forward to it. Oh by the way you can use this phone. I won’t pry on your call log, that being said, bye-bye! I look forward to our meeting!” A letter? Going old school, I see... “Wai-” before I could even continue, the line was cut. I stared at the end call screen. There was no number nor name, it was completely blank. Why do I feel like I’ve been forgetting something for quite a while now..? Hold on.. She said she placed it inside my notebook.. How come I didn’t notice it? 

I sighed and just dialed the number of my driver. “Pick me up. Do you know that abandoned garden around August’s campus? Way past the bridge of my campus. That’s where I am.” After I had explained where I was, he responded “Right away, miss!” I then switched the phone off. A few minutes later a car arrived and I went in. “Where to, miss?” He asked. “Vial Residence,” I answered and he then started driving. I looked at the phone and began to think. “Placed inside the notebook.. If a phone was placed inside a notebook it would be obvious.”

I think I know who sent the phone. 

0