Chapter Twelve: Unexpected Meet-up
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So what you two are trying to say is… YOU DID NOT FOLLOW WHAT I HAVE TOLD YOU TO DO?!?!?” France raises his hand as he massages his head. “Your plan turned into a bromance.” I said sarcastically. “HEY THAT WASN’T ANYTHING” Matthew stands up as he shouts. “Oh really? Are you actually over-” He rushes towards me and covers my mouth. “Don’t you dare.” He whispers into my ear. “BOTH OF YOU STOP!” Matthew lets go of me and I brush my shoulder. “Fine, it’s fine. Just make sure you-” * Knock knock * France was interrupted by a knock on the door. “I apologize for the intrusion but there’s a problem.” The one who just came in was Damien, France’s aid. “Can we-” France looked at me and sighed. “Yes, you two can go.”

 

 

Last day of the Assessment Test

 

This is fine right? I don’t know. I guess I’m confident enough. I made sure my score wouldn’t be too high nor too low. Just average. A passing grade. All these questions are easy but I don’t want any unnecessary attention so I won’t be aiming for a perfect score. As soon I was sure of my ‘wrong’ answers, I stood up from my seat and passed my paper. 

 

* Ring *

 

Finally, it’s done. I gathered my things, picking up my writing materials, and placing them in my pencil case. I like being organized okay. I hate it. Some people say I’m a methodical person. I went out, heading to the exit. “Not so fast Annabelle.” I sighed in disbelief. “What?” I faced my friends who were behind me. “Have you seriously forgotten?” I wouldn’t ask if I haven’t forgotten. “You’re unbelievable! We’re going shopping today, remember?!” Stephanie exclaimed. “I never agreed on-” Stephanie jumps as she screams, “MATTHEW!!” I covered my ears as she calls my cousin who was miraculously there. “Does my cousin need a-” I hit his stomach as he comes near me. “Ack! I’m not even doing anything.” 

 

“Hi everyone, what are we doing standing here?” Kara arrives. “And that’s my cue to leave. Bye girls.” Matthew waves at us as he leaves. Hayz, my dear cousin, you are too obvious. “What’s with him?” Kara asks. And here is my oblivious friend too. “Kara!!! Help me convince Annie to come with us.” We’re still on this topic? Honestly, I don’t get the importance of why I need to buy a dress when I have so many closets filled with them. “Come on, just come with us. You know Stephanie when she sets her mind on something.” Haaah… “Whatever.” I rolled my eyes. 

 

“How many stores have we been in?” I asked sarcastically. “More than 50?” Kara tries to recall all the shops we have been to. “Alright last store girls! We can do this.” Stephanie says reassuring us. “You meant ‘you’ can do this,” I say. “Oh come on Annie it’s the last shop! Promise.” Stephanie gathers all the shopping bags, Kara helping her. “Fine. This is the last.” I tell her. As we walk towards the last store, Stephanie quickly ran to one of the products and asks the employee for a size. I was scanning the whole area when a particular someone caught my eye. “Hey, I’ll be back.” I tell Kara and she just nods. 

 

I went near the milk tea stand which was in front of the boutique I was in. I started walking in a manner that wasn’t suspicious as I was checking the person. As I came closer, I got a good look at her. 

 

I knew it. It was her. Of all places and times, it was here and now. 

0