Chapter Thirteen: Catching up
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I approached the woman sipping her milk tea. “Shane?” I called out to her. She looked at me, surprised. “I’m sorry but I think you’ve got the wrong person.” She says looking at me. I whispered something to myself to make the illusion go away for her eyes only. “LAURENCIA?!” I quickly covered her mouth. I looked around just in case someone suspicious was watching us. “You’re being trailed, you know that right?” I’ve been seeing someone suspicious and for a while, I thought it was someone sent to trail me. Now that I see clearly, it was Shane being followed. “Let’s move somewhere more private.” 

 

“What are you doing here? And what’s with the disguise?” She asks. I began to explain half of the story. “Let me get this straight, you’re disguised because of that? What’s your name now?” She began attacking me with questions. “Right now, I’m Annabelle Harley.” I introduce myself. “Isn’t it dangerous for you to be here? What if-” I placed my hand on top of her mouth. “Don’t worry,” I reassured her. 

 

* Ring * 

 

“Let me take this,” I told her as I removed my hand. “WHERE ARE YOU?!” I hear Stephanie’s scream through the other line. “Hey give me that!” Kara snatches her phone from Stephanie. “Hey, sorry about that. Where are you? You said you’d be back. It’s been a few hours.” I look at the time and realized that it has been about two hours since I left the store. I’ve forgotten that time moves differently when I manipulate how everyone sees and hears me and another person. “I’ll be there in a few don’t worry,” I said. I ended the call as I place my phone in my pocket. 

 

“Looks like you have to go,” Shane says. I nodded and placed everything back to normal. “I’ll be on my way then.” I was about to leave when she called out to me. “Hey wait!” I looked at her as she ran towards me. “Will you be attending any meetings?” She asked. I paused for a moment before I shook my head. “Ah, I see… Well, I hope things get better with that. It was nice talking to you.”

“Flower”

0