Chapter Fourteen: Wishful Thinking
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh c’mon it’s not that hard!” Right now, I’m in the process of choosing a dress for the event. My friends came down to three options. One was a red cowl neck halter dress. They paired it with a cropped jean jacket with black closed-toed ankle boots with heels. I thought it was nice but it wasn't my style. Besides, it’s just a school party or whatever. The other outfit they showed me was a white off-shoulder, low-cut crop top, and skirt combo. They paired it with cotton brown single strapped close-toed wedges. I thought it was cute but I just wasn’t feeling it. I was trained to know every single brand, name, type, material, and everything about clothes, cars, furniture, you name it. It was somehow a ‘custom’ for me and my family. The other students might think I'm a desperate nerd trying to be a wannabe model if I was showing too much of my skin. The last outfit was a vintage pink rockabilly pin-up strap flare swing evening party dress. They paired it up with white wedge espadrilles. Pink isn't really my favorite color but the dress was really beautiful. 

 

I looked at the three dresses and finally made a decision. Once we paid for the dress, Stephanie’s phone began to ring. 

 

Stephanie’s face lit up in excitement after she took the call.

 

“What’s got you all jolly-happy?” Kara looked at Stephanie waiting for her reply. 

 

“My sister’s home from Rome! She asked me to pick her up.” 

 

I envy her. To the point where I felt like my whole body was being torn piece by piece. I envy those who have this special bond with their siblings. I love my brother but the feeling of receiving the love and care of an older sibling was different. Couldn’t my sister at least give me a call? Even a simple message would suffice. I never even once got a letter or email from my sister ever since we transferred here. It’s been a decade. I get that she’s busy with the preparations for the throne but… is it that hard to just say ‘Hi’? 

 

“Hey, you good?” As I looked up, I noticed that Stephanie had already left. Kara was ‘concerned’ saying I looked like I was on the “verge of tears”. Hah, what am I even thinking? Who cares if my sister doesn’t care about me? That’s all wishful thinking. 

 

“I’m going. Let’s talk when we’re at the campus.” I left Kara standing as I left the mall. 

 

 

 “M’lady are you alright?” 

 

 “Get out of my sight immediately. LEAVE OR I’LL DISMISS YOU!” 

0