Chapter Fifteen: Source of Anger
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Make haste! The young lady will be home any minute” The maids were all over the place. 

Dusting, folding, etc. 

It has been a long while since the young lady of the manor visited. The young lady is the sole owner of this estate. She manages a small business as a sideline with the help of her PA and the head maid. Although her PA is currently in their hometown, the head maid is in charge of reporting and managing everything that happens in this land. 

Standing straight and tall, with her chin up, the head maid claps her hands twice signaling all staff members to align in two straight lines. 

“She’s here, she’s here! Places everyone!!” 

Everyone held their breath as they waited for their Mistress to step out of the big wooden doors. You could hear the wind pass by due to the silence surrounding the manor. As the door creaked open, each and every one of the staff members stood still. 

“Greetings, young miss. Welcome back.” All the maids curtsied while the male personnel bowed in unison. 

“Thank you, everyone. I will only be staying tonight. I shall depart tomorrow afternoon. With that said, you all are dismissed.”  The young lady exclaimed as she walked down the path the staff cleared for her. 

“Understood young miss.” Once their young lady went up the stairs and disappeared from their sight, they all went back to what they were doing. 

It’s been a while since I’ve visited this place. Everything is where I’ve left them. As I was walking through the hallways, I saw a big portrait of a beautiful woman in her mid-30’s. 

“You never fail to bring out my emotions…” I said to myself as I stared at the portrait. The woman’s striking beautiful eyes felt as if she was looking straight at me. Oh how I wish pictures could talk. 

“It’s been years… I hate how you’re always smiling.” I took a deep breath and let out a sigh. I turn to look at the portrait once more. 

As I’ve said, it’s been years. These feelings should have been numbed. Every single time I am reminded of that incident, anger builds up within me. I hated how I was so helpless and weak. I was only six when it happened. I still blame myself for just standing there and doing nothing but watch what was happening. I hate how I was the reason for everything that went wrong. They all told me it wasn’t my fault… but no matter how many times I try to relive that moment, I still believe that the fault was mine. At the age of six, my grandfather could already slay a large bear. At the age of six, I was a delusional child. I DESPISE MY O-

 “M’lady are you alright?” 

My train of thought was disturbed.

“Y-young miss?” 

“WHAT IS IT?!”

Her temper was the definition of hell. When the maid asked the young lady if she was alright, she blasted out. Tears started falling through the cheeks of the maid as she tried to answer her superior. “I-I.. I was w-worried young miss..” Her weeping echoed throughout the hallway. “Of all places, why are you here?! THIS FLOOR IS RESTRICTED FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!” she lashed out. She clenched her fists as she bangs the wall. “I.. I apologize Your Highness!” The maid bowed as she said her sorries.

“Get out of my sight immediately. LEAVE OR I’LL DISMISS YOU!” 

The maid ran and left her alone. As soon as the young miss realized how she reacted, she banged the wall once again. “I really need to control my temper.” she let out a sigh as she retires to her room.

0