One? Three? (1)
1.5k 1 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shout-out to Emanuel!

Read 60 advance chapters while supporting the novel @

Patre on.com/Fanharem

***

The news that a powerful 'support' exists within the group of exiles shook the Dragon Rising City while the act of the Imperial Family discreetly removing the bounty and calling it a 'technical' error on the very same day didn't make the bounty hunters feel any better, at least, those who were lucky enough to survive the ordeal itself.

This nightfall, the Dragon Rising City looked gloomier than festive. Ja Sun's group didn't need specific disguises anymore to move around as long as they are careful enough. Instead of a restaurant, Bibi Dong and Ja Sun were invited to the Clear Sky's courtyard within the city. Ah Yin and others once again positioned themselves outside as they remained idle for the time being. All of them digesting their newfound gains. Except for Xie Xan. He was recovering from self-inflicted injuries. To be precise, injuries left as a consequence of his own actions.

---

Ja Sun realized that wearing pants and shirts during this armless crisis is much easier than wearing robes and tying belts. So his wardrobe had changed. Brown trousers and a green shirt with a hooded robe loosely hanging on his back like a jacket and covering his bald spot: the head.

Bibi Dong and Ja Sun were welcomed by the Tang Siblings the moment they heard of Ja Sun's and Bibi Dong's arrival. Tang Xiao and Tang Hao looked a bit awkward. They didn't know how to properly treat someone who they wished to request for something who also happened to have the greater leverage in strength. 

It was a silent welcome with barely a few words of greeting as Tang Hao could barely hold himself from asking about the matters regarding Ground Devil Douluo. The changes regarding the situation of Bibi Dong's team suggested to everyone that Ground Devil failed and quite possibly took a major disadvantage that was enough to even momentarily stop the Star Luo Empire on their pursuit of Ja Sun.

Once led in, Tang Hao also happened to have noticed the change in Ja Sun's posture. His movement, to be exact. Always marveling at his control and desire to reach greater depths in this regard, Ja Sun now had to give himself time and adjust to his current conditions once again.

The room was set quite traditionally with potted plants in the corner and a tea set already waiting on the table as the other spirit masters from the subordinate clans and sects were asked to stay outside.

After settling down, Ja Sun looked at the teapot and then at the two brothers. The two brothers continued to silently gaze at Ja Sun and Bibi Dong, too. 

"We have tea. Are you not going to take off your mask?" Tang Hao glanced at Ja Sun and poured himself a cool cup of tea. Ja Sun barely felt anything for tea. Still, his appearance, in reality, was the least of Ja Sun's concerns. As he took off his mask, Tang Hao's eyes widened and he grew silent while Ja Sun poured himself a cup of tea. 

"Your... face," Tang Xiao began and Ja Sun frowned, "I felt like shaving it all. You know, to clean myself completely. Crazy things a girl can make you do."

Bibi Dong's eyelids twitched. This was clearly a snide remark to her rather poorly-handled emotional breakdown. If it isn't breakdown why would she even consider pressing her lips to his? She even let go of possibly a 100000-year-old spirit bone! Yes, it wasn't compatible with her but that didn't mean she cannot find other uses. Sighing softly, Bibi Dong took off her mask, too.

"A girl?" Tang Hao chortled as Ja Sun took a sniff from his cup and sipped on the tea silently. "Is it that Blue-haired one? Her name's Ah Yin, right? Did you make her another handkerchief made of Diamond Essence Gold?"

"No, she likes jewelry and clothes a lot. I don't think myself a fool enough to combine them," Ja Sun mumbled. Ah Yin certainly took the shine to the diamond gold necklace he gifted her. Maybe his trait has great taste in pieces of jewelry. 

"We aren't here for such discussions," Bibi Dong narrowed her eyes and continued, "Our proposal in return for assisting your sister in cultivating spirit energy is by gaining the access to the Mountain of Giants controlled by the Clear Sky Clan for my team's training."

"Bibi Dong, the Mountain of Giants is a sacred site for our clan. We do not allow anyone outside of the clan to enter its territory and by that, I mean that anyone without the Clear Sky Hammer cannot enter its territory. Even Tang Yuehua is no exception to the rules and culture of the clan."

Tang Xiao's meaning was clear. It wasn't possible. 

"Oh?" Ja Sun revealed an interested expression. His current facial features barely fazed the two siblings as Ja Sun continued, "Can you help me understand a little about the Mountain of Giants? Like how Prince Dai Taiyin explained his heritage. This way, I will be at least able to understand your troubles and limitations."

Tang Hao frowned before nodding. 

"Mountain of Giants is a special territory with an exotic species of Spirit Beasts barely alive anymore. For some reason unwritten even in our ancestral texts, almost all the Giants were eradicated from the range and from then on Tang Sect began protecting the range at all costs."

"Why?" Ja Sun inquired, "Why go to such lengths for an already dying species? Hammer-wielding Tangs cannot be doing this out of generosity."

Tang Xiao frowned and glanced at Tang Hao but the younger brother continued unfazed.

"Because of one particular variant of Giants. The Nine-headed Giants. It is no secret that clans and sects have one particular heritage. Take the White Tiger Clan. They have already developed a specific lineage of spirit rings and have already experimented long enough to understand what spirit beasts provide them with the greatest spirit ring and thus, they rear specific spirit beasts in a wild environment to promote their growth. The Clear Sky Sect is no different. However, the spirit beast most compatible with the Clear Sky Hammer is none other than the Nine-headed Giant. And for almost two hundred years, we have yet to find any other Nine-headed Giant."

Ja Sun glanced at Bibi Dong as she nodded, verifying the truth of the matter. And Ja Sun realized how the spirit bone from the Nine-headed Giant must be important for the Clear Sky Clan and...

Ja Sun's eyes widened slightly as he understood almost everything. How and why almost all clans and sects and empires would definitely join the Competition because of these two spirit bones. It was simply too intricate yet simple.

Clear Sky Clan and White Tiger Clan have some ties, and both of them can be strengthened by Spirit Bones. Others won't take it lying down, of course.

See? Simple. 

"Then what do you propose. Now we have nothing in this city keeping us down and I need to keep my students moving to train them. We will set out tonight."

"As you already understand, this meeting is being taken under our own personal capacities. Personally, I and Tang Hao can provide you materials to help promote Ka-ul's Blood Artifact and even medications that help in battle and cultivation of spirit energy under low side-effects."

Bibi Dong frowned momentarily. Their plan depended on a large demand before they could ask—

"Where is Sister Tang?" Ja Sun inquired.

... that.

"Why?" Tang Hao frowned.

"I need to know if she even wants my help," Ja Sun stated calmly. This was taking too long and while these two brothers can be easy to scam, they probably can't be scammed off of their sister, right? Bibi Dong would stick to the plan and only act out when she sees it crumbling. Ja Sun simply had too much experience to simply improvise.

"What does that even mean?" Tang Hao continued. It was already clear that the brothers had decided on Tang Hao taking Ja Sun on while Tang Xiao counters Bibi Dong reasonably.

"It means Martial Souls aren't dead. I need to know if Sister Tang's martial soul is even ready for external assistance or not. The last meeting was to let you know that I'm certainly capable of helping her. But right now, I need to verify the details myself."

Since Tang Hao was supposed to deal with Ja Sun, he could also play with the most impulsive of the Tang Brothers.

Seeing the look of hesitation on Tang Hao's face, Ja Sun sneered, "Of course, you don't have to worry. I wouldn't insult you and your clan with my frivolous words unless you enter into a battle with me."

Scoffing, Tang Hao stood up and walked away.

"Was that necessary?" Tang Xiao frowned.

"I apologize. I've been feeling a little rushed. A little sensitive, if I must justify my actions. People do incomprehensible things when they are feeling sensitive."

"When you will sleep, I will poke a chopstick into your left shoulder and tie a large trail of... stuff from the corpses."

Bibi Dong compressed her voice and finally spoke coldly.

"Ah Yin knows better to not touch cold delicacies when a hot one is an arm's length away. But that is just Ah Yin," Ja Sun compressed his voice and replied. The moment of weaknesses and softness has already passed. He can finally go all out again.

Hearing this, Bibi Dong's lips twitched and she gritted her teeth, feeling a little more rattled than she would have usually felt.

The group grew silent for a few minutes until the sound of footsteps echoed. Looking back, Ja Sun's smile widened and he stood up while Tang Xiao couldn't help but give a wry chuckle of seething anger internally. 

"Princess Dai Mu. Greetings," Ja Sun bowed slightly as next to Tang Hao walked Dai Mu and Tang Yuehua. Bibi Dong stood up and bowed slightly herself. A mere formality.

"Please, I do not deserve such respect," Dai Mu stated without any expression on her face. Even watching Ja Sun's slightly terrifying face, she remained quite collected and bowed herself, "I would like to ask your forgiveness for my rude actions in the palace. Power had corrupted my thinking."

This wasn't what Ja Sun had expected but he calmly stood straight and nodded. Everyone sat down once again and this time Tang Yuehua glanced at Ja Sun.

"Brother Ka-ul... your hair?" She inquired without any hint of awkwardness as if addressing the lack of hair on Ja Sun's face and head was simply the most obvious matter.

"I lost quite a lot when Ground Devil pursued me. My facial hair being one of them," Ja Sun smiled and Tang brothers pursed their lips. So that talk about girls and whatnot was just a sham?

"It is fortunate that you survived such an ordeal. Of course, this is selfish of me," Tang Yuehua was truly a beauty of her own class and with her temperament, she outclassed even Dai Mu. Without any break, Tang Yuehua poured everyone a cup of tea this time and then continued, "My elder brothers may have forgotten to emphasize on the fact that this tea is made by the experts of the Attack Clan. It is brewed from the Dragon Horse Seeds and provides a calming yet natural stimulant to one's Spirit Energy. Of course, this effect is lost on me but to think Brother Ka-ul can actually help me is simply my greatest fortune."

'Now that's how you talk. Smooth,' Ja Sun thought silently and glanced at Bibi Dong. Even she seemed a little stunned because Tang Yuehua previously never had such a presence. 

"Yes. I would need some privacy and a close inspection of your Martial Soul."

"Before that," Dai Mu opened up, "You would need to discuss the equivalent rewards, yes?"

Dai Mu had grown from the experience that Ja Sun provided and he admired her for that. So he happily decided to leave her with another lesson.

"Yes. But this is a meeting of private capacity. Gifts from the Emperor and the Empress still aren't useful, Princess," Ja Sun narrowed his eyes and smiled. His tone, the aggressive look in his glimmering green-gold pupils, and the little bit of coldness in his smile made Dai Mu shake as her nightmare returned with an extra spice. Just these words alone made Tang Xiao sigh. He already understood that Dai Mu wanted to 'prove' herself to Tang Hao and asked to be a part of this meeting. She must have been truly sincere or Tang Hao wouldn't have brought her here. But she was still too green. Even Tang Hao happened to be more tolerable than Dai Mu.

Tang Yuehua pursed her lips while Bibi Dong silently sipped on her tea. She finally felt a little satisfaction of having someone as sharp of a tongue as Ja Sun by her side.

'I mean... by my side, like sitting next to me, of course,' Bibi Dong cleared her mind of anything that may distract her once again.

74