Victors (3)
1.2k 0 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read 60 advance chapters and support the novel @

Patre on.com/Fanharem

***

On the third day of the match, it was Bibi Dong's group who had to tackle the remaining team of soldiers. By now, their opponents, too, had formed strategies. It was true that Bibi Dong's, Liu Erlong's, and Ah Yin's individual strengths were great but Jun'er had been reserving her abilities, especially her fifth ability for the most part, and kept on protecting Oscar by sly tactics. In fact, she only had to keep a Spirit Sage busy for a few seconds, and at that moment Ah Yin would counter the opponents who have gone past Bibi Dong and Liu Erlong using her extremely forceful yet soft and flexible Blue Silver Goddess.

On the very same day, too, the finals will be conducted, and with all the soldiers disqualified, the best scenario in Qian Xunji's eyes and only the two seeded teams remaining, the Spirit Masters in the Spirit City were all finally invited and allowed to view the final qualifying match between the currently appointed Successor and an 'underdog' named Yu Xiaogang with a very rare martial soul.

The way this match was advertised gained the interest of everyone in a matter of minutes and with special orders to give break to everyone aside from some necessary employees such as the guards of the city, the arena was soon filled with a lot of aspiring spirit masters, most of them older but many directly hopping from the Spirit Academy to view the match. Bibi Dong's and Yu Xiaogang's reputation was known to many and it garnered a lot of interest.

One team had slightly lower strength but used interesting tactics while the other is said to not even use its entire team. Always fighting with five members instead of seven.

While the spectators filled the seats of the arena, Bibi Dong prepared the group for the eventual battle. Others had thought that it would be a hard match for Bibi Dong and her team to recover quickly after just competing against a team of Spirit Sages...

With all the walls of the room including the ceiling covered by a thick layer of Blue Silver Variants that constantly exuded spirit energy and entered the system of the team members to recover the spirit energy, Ah Yin displayed the versatility of her domain once again. Barefooted like everyone else, Bibi Dong hummed thoughtfully, not a trace of exhaustion on her expression.

"According to the reports, Yu Xiaogang did begin spending all his time in cultivating and martial practices but it would seem that he hasn't lost his senses as a tactician. His domain makes him a threat equivalent to Kun Chen and he will aim for our most glaring weakness— our lack of team members. Yu Xiaogang's team also has a healing spirit master that can constantly rejuvenate her teammates. On that note, how many tofus, Oscar?"

Bibi Dong looked at Oscar who sat in the corner of the room while constantly muttering the chants such as: This Granddaddy has stinky tofu, to constantly use his spirit abilities. His control of spirit energy rivaled Ja Sun, allowing him to use the standard spirit energy required by his spirit ability to get double the creation.

"10 Stinky Tofus, just created the 6th Long Tofu."

Oscar reported. Almost all the streams of spirit energy salvaged from the surrounding plants turned to Oscar at this point.

"Alright," Bibi Dong nodded and looked at Yuehua, "We will need you, Yuehua. Oscar's fourth spirit ring and your domain is a wild card. Have Clear Phoenix to coordinate with Ah Yin and take out..."

Bibi Dong began relaying the battle plan. Hu Lana looked mostly idle but she still gave attention to the plan. These kinds of battles and tactics are more informative than usual that rely on gaining the advantage even before the battle has begun and this intrigued her greatly. What surprised her was that Bibi Dong even had a use for her this time.

*Knock* *Knock*

The knocking sound interrupted the conclusion as Bibi Dong frowned. Hesitating, she looked at the room turned in some sort of world of grass, and whispered, "Ah Yin... could you?"

"These strands of blue silver variants just assisted our recovery," Ah Yin stated coolly and  Bibi Dong sighed in defeat, "Cover Oscar with grass..."

"??"

Before Oscar could interrupt, the grass around him grew and covered him, leaving Jun'er with silly giggles.

On the other hand, Bibi Dong opened the door and found a middle-aged man with long dark hair and white sideburns. Thinner face than ordinary and a natural area of nobility around him.

'Yu' Erlong's father.

"Yes? I was not informed about your wish to contact us," Bibi Dong began as the man chuckled coldly. Although Liu Erlong had kept away from her birth father, Bibi Dong had the pleasure of meeting the man when the two elders of the clan tried to blame the Spirit City for 'poaching' their members. This, of course, earned both sides a bit of their displeasure. As strong as the Spirit Hall is, if the right reasons are used, the Blue Lightning Tyrant Clan could create a heavy political mess that would serve to reverse all the hard work Qian Xunji had done over the recent years balance the two continents. After all, now the two Empires are at the cusp of balance, they don't have the need to fear each other temporarily and may as well turn their attention to SPirit City who had turned from a religious organization to an independent city.

Clearly, the undercurrents are strong and any wrong move would leave lasting damages to the delicate balance.

"Does a father needs a reason to have word with his daughter?" Yu Luomian inquired. He walked and stood with his hands behind his back and looked extremely composed.

"If it is a guide you want to bring you to the nearest brothel then you might be disappointed to find out that no active prostitute resides inside the Spirit City. Maybe retired ones." Liu Erlong's words echoed from behind Bibi Dong before the leader could have even retorted. Standing up, Liu Erlong smiled coldly, "Fuck off before I beat you to a shit right here and now!"

With a narrowed gaze, Yu Luomian waved his hand, "I understand your anger, daughter—"

"What is my mother's name?" Liu Erlong cut the man off.

"What?" The man inquired while Bibi Dong sidestepped as the group behind her pursed their lips. Things would get ugly and there was no reason to think otherwise.

"My mother's name. Come on, what is her name? You just called me your daughter, right? If you have balls itching enough to impregnate a prostitute then you also should have the mind to remember them, don't you? After all, it is a rare situation. My mother would have stood out."

It can only be imagined what Ja Sun wouldn't give to be present in the situation where Liu Erlong dishes the verbal smackdown of her life.

Yu Luomian forced a smile, "We can talk about your mother—"

"See, that's the problem. I know my mother's name and my father's name. Liu Xuan and my father is called Yu Yinjing."

{A/N: Yinjing means penis...}

Bibi Dong suppressed her smile as she looked at others.

Anger flickered in Yu Luomian's eyes as he glowered, "That's enough out of you, Daughter!"

"Shut up!" Liu Erlong shouted at the top of her voice as her pitch-black eyes turned crimson red with her pupils turned vertical as the natural air of aggression of her martial soul made the surroundings warmer but Yu Luomian felt himself felt as if standing on a layer of coals. It was clearly different when targetted by the suppression of the top-tier martial soul and the man flinched.

"I have never gone out of my way to spare others. There are two beings who spared my life. The clan and a friend. I'll make you regret ever sparing me and prove to him how insightful he was to spare me then."

As Liu Erlong stepped forward, Yu Luomian stepped back, "Now get the fuck off our faces. We have bigger fishes to fry," with that, Liu Erlong glanced down and smiled mockingly, "Literally."

With a cold snort, Liu Erlong shut the door at her birth father's face.

*Click*

"Father?" Yu Xiaogang fell into a daze as he answered the door and seeing his father patiently waiting with a calm smile on his face.

---

"Hey, hey, hey! It's beginning!" A spikey white-haired kid shouted in excitement.

"Whatever..." the other kid with curly black hair shrugged.

"Hoo!!! An actual competition between spirit masters!" Another orange-haired teenager cheered loudly while a youth with a natural scowl and short but straight black hair looked at the stadium silently.

Such scenes could be viewed at many spots in the arena. Excited teenagers form the Spirit City bubbling in excitement. More focused adults patiently waiting to view and analyze the difference between the ones considered talented to grow themselves. And even retired spirit masters simply wanting to regain their vigor after watching an exciting match.

"Silence!" A loud voice boomed, "The Supreme Pontiff arrives!"

The excited chatters spanning throughput the arena that formed one giant wave of activity came to an abrupt silence as every pair of eyes glanced towards one location. The main viewing platform extending out a little with white railings around and three seats prepared beforehand.

Qian Xunji walked silently and calmly. To his side walked the impassive Rank 94 Thunder Douluo— Yu Yuanzhen, the current patriarch of the Blue Lightning Tyrant Dragon Clan and cold Rank 86 Spirit Douluo Yu Luomian, the second elder of the clan.

Behind them walked the two famous Titled Douluo elders of the Spirit Hall.

The Chrysanthemum Douluo Yue Guan and the Ghost Douluo Gui Mei.

The neatly standing guards in pristine armors by either side of the railings stomped their foot in attention pose while garbed in red habit were three Bishops of the Spirit Hall all present for the event.

Qian Xunji slightly gestured with his hands to stop the centermost bishop to speak further and his voice spread out. It was firm and magnetic and it quickly captivated those who listened to him.

"I welcome all who are present. This is a special event for us all. As a child, no, a spirit master with ambition, I hoped to achieve the feats that the boldest of the current generations are capable of achieving. But time erodes ambition as well as vigor. I have found working for every civilian of the city, nay, the entire continent as a blessing that is the sweetest of all." Qian Xunji lied as easily as he breathed in with so much conviction that even those privy to his real nature couldn't help but scoff in admiration.

"However, the face of the younger generation is competition. Compete with yourself. Challenge set ideals for growth. Challenge older generation for growth. Challenge the strong for the weak! And I am proud to present Bibi Dong and Yu Xiaogang. Competing with those older than them, spiritually stronger than them... the two have proved themselves as the great gems of the younger generation that will carve a better path for all of us!

They may compete amongst themselves but the two teams, in my eyes, are already—

VICTORS!"

Qian Xunji smiled and called loudly, "Now as I welcomed you with grace and humble passion, please welcome the victors of the Spirit Hall with me!"

"VIctors!"

"VIctors!"

"VIctors!"

"VIctors!"

"VIctors!"

Civilians and Spirit masters cheered alike as Qian Xunji took a seat with a satisfied smile. Yu Yuanzhen sat to Xunji's right and Yu Luomian sat to the left. Meanwhile, Gui Mei and Yue Guan stood beside Qian Xunji dutifully.

Under the loud cheering, two teams finally arrived out of the two entrances. Their expression solemn and hearts filled with fighting intent after hearing Qian Xunji's rousing speech.

'The hell, this guy is a real politician,' A half-masked individual, too, clapped loudly to welcome his friends while thinking internally.

'No, no, the Slaughter City has nine layers of arrays that form a spatial formation. The blood is the addition and not the other way around."

'His' mind was instantly distracted as separated from the spatial lock, Ja Sun could divide his own mind and argue with each other for brainstorming before ending up agreeing with the self that makes the correct idea i.e. 'himself.'

67